Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Future of this Forum

Go down 
+9
SpeedOfSilence
Foxyrockets
MagnetMan
Musa
maryshelley
kriswest
Drone
Taras
Unreasonable
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SpeedOfSilence
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
SpeedOfSilence

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-01

The Future of this Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:36 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
Who is an actual member of this forum (i.e. posts consistently)? I count under ten different people.

Of those actual members, why are you here other than being rejected by Society as a whole?

Furthermore, if Society has rejected you, then is it because you are actually-worthless as a human being?

Is there any other reasoning?

If this forum is going to be a home for outcast 'philosophers', then what will be our format, our hierarchy? (think of Anarchy)

Should there be 'rules'? If yes, then what should they be? If no, then how am I supposed to administer or moderate anything?

And finally, am I the only one who gives a damn about free thinking? Often times I believe so...

I don't feel rejected by society. I would say, mostly, I either reject society because "popular" society I have outgrown and, secondly, I don't know where to meet others with free minds that aren't sociopathatic or money-hungry.

Free thinking is great but some minds are not ready to think deeply. Besides what benefit is it to contemplate on the utter meaningless of existence when we have to endure this reality. I don't want to hang out with philosophers, I want to hang out with people who love life and can enjoy it. Of course, this mostly means having a lot of cash because frankly there ain't nothing to do if you don't do sports (like me) unless it's mental.

My ramblings anyway.

Damn, i need a girlfriend...
Back to top Go down
Sappho AD
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Sappho AD

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:33 pm

The Future of this Forum is you, Reasonable Man... You!

Most about you are content to follow the leader of the forum... showing co-operation and tollerance, and you have set yourself as the leader of this Forum. Whether by pretense or happenstance, I do not know, but that you lead this place was obvious from the presence and title you make for yourself.

And now, you dare to present to your followers an inclination to change that has about it barely an idea attached! What sublime stupidity makes you think that the world is all as you are... leaders wanting leadership. I think I speak for most in saying that we do not want a sub-forum to lead. Too many chiefs and not enough indians is an appropriate proverb here. So many control freaks with their freakish controls to be tollerant of, becomes intollerable.

Humans prefer few leaders and many followers... so has it has always been and so will it, most probably, always be. Psychology supports this as does Evolutionary Psychology.

And anyways... most intelligent free willing forumites avoid leadership for the restrictions it places on freedom. We are here to post and discuss reason and logic... we are the ones to be moderated in our occasionally over zealous explorations of ideas. Placing upon us the title of moderator has the effect of restricting our behaviour to that which is our ideal... and I quite enjoy going off the rails occasionally to such an extent even, that I am not inclined towards a role that sees me forced to lead by example. Indeed, if most thought about it... especially those in leadership roles within reality... Forum Leadership is not to want for.

But you have the Leadership and no one except maybe the revolutionary one is inclined to take it from you. So rather than seeking to water down your influence in this place, why not try something radical and present a real idea on the future of this forum.

And don't be boring about it... You are leading Radicals... Step up to the mark Sir!
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:40 pm

Here is what I am thinking:

Nobody bans anybody. The guns are all disarmed.

If you want to persuade somebody of something, then use the Divine Light of Reason, not petty emotional rhetoric or maneuvers.

You create a thread; you own what goes on inside of it. If you want to kill people or make threats as such, then own-the-fuck up to it. Put your money where your mouth is, so-to-speak. Your only responsibility to this forum and to me is to create relevant topics to the appropriate sub-forums. Even if you fail to address this particular responsibility, then I will do my best to clean up your shit behind you, like a god-damned janitor. Hopefully, we can all be adults, and discuss philosophical things philosophically. But then again, sometimes, I look around myself in this 21st century world, and I see only childish minds with childish dreams. Perhaps, hopefully, people will be proving me wrong very shortly on this forum.

With the ability to create your own threads, theoretically-speaking, everybody will be open to post anything they want as a matter-of-fact...

Minds are not created equally. Some opinions are better than others. Show me what your mind is made of.
Back to top Go down
Sappho AD
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Sappho AD

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:31 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
Here is what I am thinking:

You create a thread; you own what goes on inside of it. If you want to kill people or make threats as such, then own-the-fuck up to it. Put your money where your mouth is, so-to-speak. Your only responsibility to this forum and to me is to create relevant topics to the appropriate sub-forums. Even if you fail to address this particular responsibility, then I will do my best to clean up your shit behind you, like a god-damned janitor. Hopefully, we can all be adults, and discuss philosophical things philosophically. But then again, sometimes, I look around myself in this 21st century world, and I see only childish minds with childish dreams. Perhaps, hopefully, people will be proving me wrong very shortly on this forum.

Are you saying that we cannot create threads now or could not but a few minutes before this?
I've never been to a forum where the participants cannot create their own threads... your quite a control freak eh?

Quote :
Minds are not created equally. Some opinions are better than others. Show me what your mind is made of.

Oh... well... my opinion can carry no import... for I am a mere woman... feable of mind, soul and body...

Remember? You made it so. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:09 am

You're not making a whole lot of sense.

People could always make threads on this forum.

That was not the point.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:27 am

Taras has chosen this week's forum logo. I will change it weekly-based on your suggestions and designs.
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:51 am

Unreasonable wrote:
Taras has chosen this week's forum logo. I will change it weekly-based on your suggestions and designs.

How about this one for next week

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
Back to top Go down
Antidisestablishment
Unestablished Ideals
Unestablished Ideals

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:41 pm

I am here.

When something comes up that attracts my interest, I post. If something does not interest me, or I have a complete lack of knowledge on a subject, despite being interested in it, I do not post.
Back to top Go down
Lykos
Unestablished Ideals
Unestablished Ideals

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:09 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
Who is an actual member of this forum (i.e. posts consistently)? I count under ten different people.

Of those actual members, why are you here other than being rejected by Society as a whole?

Furthermore, if Society has rejected you, then is it because you are actually-worthless as a human being?

Is there any other reasoning?

Is that how you view this place? As a coping mechanism for social rejection?

Is ILP "society as a whole" to you?

My advice: develop psychological self-sufficiency; independence of social evaluations. Live your own life, and free yourself from the opinions of others.

In other words, don't define yourself by your social position, define yourself by your own independent, solitary activities, and sense of self.

Quote :
If this forum is going to be a home for outcast 'philosophers', then what will be our format, our hierarchy? (think of Anarchy)

Should there be 'rules'? If yes, then what should they be? If no, then how am I supposed to administer or moderate anything?

The only moderation needed for a smoothly running forum is spam filtering.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:40 pm

You people really need to quit putting *YOUR* fucking words into *MY* mouth.

It is getting more & more annoying every time it happens...

I view this place as a forum that Joker created to escape from the persecution created by stupid/weak people.

What Joker did not realize was that *ALL* societies thrive on stupid people ... even this microcosm.

It is disgusting; I would rather nobody come here than people coming here to say nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Lykos
Unestablished Ideals
Unestablished Ideals

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Quote :

Saying, specifically, "why are you here other than being rejected by Society as a whole? Furthermore, if Society has rejected you, then is it because you are actually-worthless as a human being?", when you could have simply said "Why are you here?" indicates you, personally, connect this place with social rejection.

Creating a thread about being banned from ILP, indicates this event is significant to you (how that social group views you, is relevant to you).

Your overall actions here, even though your wording is relatively indirect, indicate you define yourself through how society defines you: as a "social reject" or "outcast".

Actions are usually more accurate indicators of inner processes than literal semantics.

Guess why I posted in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Baldassare Cossa
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Baldassare Cossa

Male
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:38 am

ok folks...

sorry for not being around the past week - I've been busy with a project. No doubt that sounds like a mere excuse to some - too bad.

Right - I had every intent of being a serious contributor to this board Unreasonable - you and Taras are not the only two sincerely interested in this project. In fact I hope the ethos of this Forum can be developed, and expanded beyond the forum itself as a genuine 'Discursive Force'. However, we are quite a long way from that just yet...

Let me be a little succinct for now:

Definitely no rules on the limit of what can be discussed [thiis includes even topics I don't necessarily like, trust, or take seriously academically. Therefore eugenics theory should be as welcome as outright anarchism [it's not at all impossible to merge both if you use a little imagination...], paedophilia and theories against divergent sexualities, orthodox classical art vs DaDa, paganism/atheism/ etc vs theisms/orthodoxy] and so on.

However - under no circumstances should we engage in insult - if you disagree with a topic - do it clearly, with evidence or theoretical backup [as opposed to uneducated whining] and conclude amiably. I always respect a fellow philosopher of equal status, such as Unreasonable and Satyr, even if their views [inevitably, and should, must, shall!!!] differ from mine on some points. And always bear in mind fellows - you DO NOT have a theory of everything under your belts as you believe you do [nor do I for that matter - it's a tough endeavour... And that is why I always ask questions and 'seek help']

This means not simply 'tolerating' or respecting or whatever, idiotic and irrelevant gibberish from those incapable of high level participation - but simply considerations of all perspectives. For example, it is well known I have a distaste for certain breeds of 'Darwinism' prevalent - but I do not actually consider them as 'wrong' or 'untrue', just unfocused [and in need of further development and research]. Some untermensch thought I was a quasi-nietzschian onanist before whining on about their own so called 'individuality'. This cretinism must be rebuffed.

This takes us to a nice Unreasonable 'rule' on the board. When A post declines into petty insults, childish whining, or goes off track and loses its initial 'research' focus - the Mods must get the discussion back to its original focus or suggest a fresh topic post for newly emergent discussions.

All of this I believe, allows for a strong and rigorous discipline - it permits a multiperspective forum of discussion to a very high level, encourages junior thinkers to develop their rigour [or GTFO], this actually spreads our own developing multifacted Dissident Ethos perhaps with a 'trickle down' or 'dispersal' effect.

Therefore, with this, all things can be discussed - without childish insult and whining, without censorship, without diminution of discipline, increasing quality of the Thinking/Thinkers of this board, and allows it to be a genuine Den of Dissidence which at present it most certainly is not.
Back to top Go down
Baldassare Cossa
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Baldassare Cossa

Male
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:42 am

One more thing, I'd regard myself more as an Active Realist than 'Idealist' - I'm no fan of Hegel, Berkeley or even Kant and kin...

Yes, I know some of my discussions of power etc seem 'metaphysical' to the naive - but I'm sure to those who struggle with high school math even Newtonian physics seems like 'metaphysics'.

Perhaps some of the nomenclatures and headings could be reviewed here after the initial 'rules' are established [Taras - I know you worry, what I mean by 'rules' is more co-ordination and consensus, as opposed to 'laws'].

Definitely member privacy is a must - no revealing IP's etc.

Also, a separate subforum on Political Science should be considered. A little restructuring to encourage focus and discipline.
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:42 am

Baldassare Cossa wrote:

This means not simply 'tolerating' or respecting or whatever, idiotic and irrelevant gibberish from those incapable of high level participation - but simply considerations of all perspectives. For example, it is well known I have a distaste for certain breeds of 'Darwinism' prevalent - but I do not actually consider them as 'wrong' or 'untrue', just unfocused [and in need of further development and research]. Some untermensch thought I was a quasi-nietzschian onanist before whining on about their own so called 'individuality'. This cretinism must be rebuffed.

You have no idea what the untermensch was thinking which allowed you to mis-interpret what was said.

Slow hand clap from the rear.

Rebuffed the cretin is......

But do keep up with the latest research and development on Darwinism a lot has gone on in the past 200 years.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:52 am

Lykos wrote:
Quote :

Saying, specifically, "why are you here other than being rejected by Society as a whole? Furthermore, if Society has rejected you, then is it because you are actually-worthless as a human being?", when you could have simply said "Why are you here?" indicates you, personally, connect this place with social rejection.

Creating a thread about being banned from ILP, indicates this event is significant to you (how that social group views you, is relevant to you).

Your overall actions here, even though your wording is relatively indirect, indicate you define yourself through how society defines you: as a "social reject" or "outcast".

Actions are usually more accurate indicators of inner processes than literal semantics.
Notice how I was asking *YOU* the questions that you did not answer.

Instead you rhetorically-backhanded me in the face; I do not appreciate that.

I know why I am here; I know why you are here. It is no great fucking surprise to me.

Lykos wrote:
Guess why I posted in this thread.
Guess why I don't give a shit. Hint: (Post count: 3)

I don't plan on conversing with shadows that plan to attack me with air.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:58 am

Baldassare Cossa wrote:
This takes us to a nice Unreasonable 'rule' on the board. When A post declines into petty insults, childish whining, or goes off track and loses its initial 'research' focus - the Mods must get the discussion back to its original focus or suggest a fresh topic post for newly emergent discussions.
It is not the moderators or administrator(s) responsibilities to ensure a high or low quality of philosophy thread.

That is up to each person to track & monitor individually. Until there are functions that allow you to moderate your own threads, the jobs of the moderators here are to follow through on your thread requests. For now, this means that you may remove and/or delete other user comments from the thread you created. This ruling is inspired by my short career at ILP where countless threads of mine would turn into drivel and horseshit by trolls commenting simply for the sake of amusing themselves and placating their own fragile egos. It eventually-became so bad that the moderator Faust would come into my threads to hound me and make a mockery out of my 'philosophies'. So, now, that cannot happen. And hopefully, this should allow a more "free" approach to philosophizing.

If you have something worth saying, then say it!!! Nobody is stopping you...

But now that you have the freedom to say what you want; is it true you have nothing worthwhile to say at all???
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:28 am

Two petty concessions? We will not be appeased with banners and favicons!

WE DEMAND THE KEYS TO THE GATE!

Won't negotiate with the terrorists? Who's the terrorist? The time for talk is finished, the time for action is upon us!

Escalation to property damage/property destruction:

Second Philosophy is gone:

https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com/philosophy-f1/second-philosophy-t588.htm

GENERAL AMNESTY DECLARED FOR ALL I.L.P. MEMBERS

Full text of Manifesto is here:
Spoiler:
Coup conspirators see your PM boxes.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:53 am

Taras wrote:
Second Philosophy is gone:

https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com/philosophy-f1/second-philosophy-t588.htm
Second Philosophy is not ready to expose itself just yet; I was naive to think otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Lykos
Unestablished Ideals
Unestablished Ideals

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:06 pm

Quote :
Notice how I was asking *YOU* the questions that you did not answer.

And?

Notice how, when the attention is directed onto your personality, you aggressively divert the discussion away from it.

Your insecurity, and overcompensation, is as obvious as an erect penis.

I don't care about answering your questions. To me, they are more interesting as insights into your psychology, than as actual questions to be answered.

The questioner reveals themselves through their questions, just as the scientist exposes what he seeks to know and understand through the experiments he performs.

Quote :
Instead you rhetorically-backhanded me in the face; I do not appreciate that.

Sorry, should I coddle you like a baby? Should I shelter you from my opinion of you, as an individual?

And what does this imply about my motives?

Man, you are slow.

Quote :
I know why I am here;

So you assert, anyway. But I don't think you know yourself half as well as you think you do, after seeing all this styled posturing negated by your actions, without you seeming to realize it.

Quote :
I know why you are here. It is no great fucking surprise to me.

So you assert.

Quote :
Guess why I don't give a shit. Hint: (Post count: 3)

Look at your own hint.

That post count makes my motives, all the more obvious. Out of my first 4 posts, three are in this thread. Guess why.

Quote :
I don't plan on conversing with shadows that plan to attack me with air.

And here, you label me using a purely social evaluation, on an internet forum (post count). I am some insignificant shadow, because of a number on an online profile. More evidence of your socially-dependent mind.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Keep psychoanalyzing me at your leisure; I don't care.
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 5:40 am

Wow get tied up for a few days and miss a whole bunch of stuff,,how you doing UR?
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:21 am

Peachy.
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:08 pm

A new era of equality --

WE DEMAND

Member-Mod-Admin tags

and

post count

removed from user displays

NOW!
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:39 am

Taras, try philosophy not uprisings Very Happy

UR, You might need to go camping and drown some worms for a bit,, I do believe I have suggested it before. Its a great way to think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Future of this Forum
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2