Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Future of this Forum

Go down 
+9
SpeedOfSilence
Foxyrockets
MagnetMan
Musa
maryshelley
kriswest
Drone
Taras
Unreasonable
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

The Future of this Forum Empty
PostSubject: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:07 pm

Who is an actual member of this forum (i.e. posts consistently)? I count under ten different people.

Of those actual members, why are you here other than being rejected by Society as a whole?

Furthermore, if Society has rejected you, then is it because you are actually-worthless as a human being?

Is there any other reasoning?

If this forum is going to be a home for outcast 'philosophers', then what will be our format, our hierarchy? (think of Anarchy)

Should there be 'rules'? If yes, then what should they be? If no, then how am I supposed to administer or moderate anything?

And finally, am I the only one who gives a damn about free thinking? Often times I believe so...
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 4:17 am

Last edited by Taras on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:42 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : COUP! CLICK LINK NOW!)
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:08 am

So just you and I are the only (serious) participants of this website/forum?

I am fairly-certain only you & I actually-give a damn here about this place, Taras.

However, let us see if anymore Individuals show their faces before I/we exclude them from having a voice here & now...
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:36 am

i'm here too, UR

i just don't know if you wanna hear what i have to say...
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:25 am

ok, let me say what i think once more. you can pay attention to it or not, that's your business

the idea behind this forum is ok: your appreciation for freedom of speech and freedom of thought is, as you know, entirely shared by me. I already knew we both agreed on that long before we 'quarrelled'. The only thing that you must be concerned about is the LIMIT that must be put to these things in order for this place to become a really adequate discussion board, where everyone would feel welcome/comfortable.

Figure it out: limit is not a synonym for censorship.

now, i must say something to you again and i hope you'll listen to me this time. remember that we're both two adult human beings and we can talk to each other without concern: as an admin of this board, i think your attitude should change a little. just like you did with mary yesterday, and with wonderer, me and Satyr some days ago, you are simply scaring people and making them feel like abandoning this place. ok, i know you 'don't give a damn', but think well: did you REALLY create this board so that only you and Taras could post? Don't you REALLY want a lot of different people to come here and post and exchange ideas? I know you'll hate to hear this, but think about Carleas and Faust, for instance, the way they approach the users of their board. Everybody likes them there. Why? Because they're respectful and know their place. Your overall 'nasty' attitude towards the majority of users in this board may have the opposite effect you want: you may remain alone here in the end if you don't decide to be a neutral and tolerant admin instead of a man who is not ashamed of dismissing everybody for the simple sake of it.

think about it, and PLEASE unreasonable, DO UNDERSTAND that I'm NOT TRYING TO INSULT OR IRRITATE you!
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:51 am

edit

Last edited by Taras on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:40 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : COUP! REBEL NOW!)
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 11:35 am

Taras wrote:
I'd say user accomodation.

If someone wants his userID in Pink, it can be done. If someone wants to start a color-coded-gang like Satyr, good, why not? Members ought to get what they want if they ask for it. (With the exception of more smilies.) If someone want to post articles: good, troll: good, name call: fine, write in poems only: sure...
What if they want you or I not to post here any longer? Shall we accommodate them?

Oh, you mean there are exceptions? How do you propose to make exceptions here or there or anywhere?

Taras wrote:
I want to put up a banner, tab's bunny one first and then whatever else someone might make or like.

I want to put in a flavicon.

I want my color changed to light blue but not too light.

I want moderator changed to "Philosophy Titan."

I want Drone for another mod.

I want there to be a Hidden Index, not sure what for, but it would be dissident to have one. Maybe two or three, maybe one that only Philosophy Titans can see.
I want many things myself, but my time is constantly-pressing me to do things I do not necessarily-want to do.

Let us work things out first ... like the purpose and form of this forum in the future.

Taras wrote:
No there shouldn't be any rules, not officially.
Then what is to stop one person from entering here and destroying the forum just because he wants to???

Nothing. And always count on a Nihilist destroying everything you have created in life; it is inevitable.

Taras wrote:
I expect this to be a philosophy forum like the ten others on the 'net, with a bit more leeway for free speech for those who have had a problem with that, and hopefully with a little higher standard of artistry and effort, but that might be asking too much.

When and if a big problem about standing up for content comes up we can decide about it then. Depending on the exact issue and the post is going to depend on how far I'd stand up for it.
No, we need a format setup to predict problems or they will quickly-overwhelm me as administrator. Keep in mind that I do not want to be administrator. However, I will not give up the position until I can ensure there are basic standards for *COMPLETELY* Free Speech. As it stands, I do not have the computer knowledge to create another forum to this purpose. And this forum under its technical format cannot allow for what I would like (that I know of). In other words, it cannot allow users to administer & moderate their own threads as it currently-stands.

Taras wrote:
I want coberst's posts put back into the right indexes. I will do so shortly.
Coberst is not a 'philosopher'. He is a spammer. Should robots be allowed to advertise and spam this forum with non-philosophically-related material? If we allow robots, then I will allow Coberst to post openly & freely. So far his posts consist of "Praise God!", "Praise the Amerikan Empire!", "Enlighten yourself!", etc. He posts rhetoric that has no external reference. And last but not least, he has no Voice or Authorship over his words. He is stealing from another.

It would be like somebody copying my posts and posting it under their own name; should we allow this behavior?

If we do, then I have no interest posting here any longer. I can tell you that much...

Taras wrote:
Re- anarchy, this is how it works, freedom grows out of the barrel of a gun, i.e. physical power; anyone can post in Guest Index, members can post anywhere and may survive, they can post in their own threads and control that space, moderators can delete, edit and move around threads and posts, admins can code and ban. That's pretty much how a BBS works, it's the facts of the world.

As for people moderating their own threads, this seems like a fine idea, the function of the "administer or moderate" is just answering requests until the right code can be put in so that members have the little buttons on the bottom to "X"-out unwanted posts, or at least shift them to the "trash bin." Everyone that we've known for a long time, Drone, wonderer, Tor, AD, maryshelly, Impious, and so on should get more power or at least some bells and whistles.
I think that is the consensus point then.

Let us see if there are any objections and/or modifications to this point before we work on it.

I want to ensure that there is some kind of 'order' so that we have as much freedom to move around as possible before I give up my position on this website. I do not have the technical fortitude or patience to remain administrator here for long. If everybody were administrators, then everybody would just be banning each other outright. Shoot first; ask questions later. I know I would. I would probably-ban *EVERYBODY* if somebody were given the power to ban me. That's how power works anyway. Kill or be killed.

Taras wrote:
I do not advise letting all members-moderators see other's IPs as this is serious info to a degree, and those who may want to post something here that might not be popular shouldn't have to worry that every one can know their location in the world.
The IP thing should remain hidden from the public. There is still too much public threat on the internet.

I condone revolutionaries starting a riot in cities, but allowing the Feds to track them down seems to defeat the purpose to me.

Taras wrote:
Member-mods should not be able to delete posts from threads they didn't start.
I entirely-agree.

Taras wrote:
Control is created by seduction if we are not going to ban-and-delete. Manipulate people. Send PMs.
That is fine. However, there still needs to be a basic premise of actual control.

Who is allowed to post here? Who is allowed to stay? What relevance will this Philosophy Forum have with Philosophy?

Should anti-Amerikans post here saying they want to kill me (which has already-been stated several times)?

Should I retaliate by saying that I will kill them and tell them exactly-how? Is this site going to become a laundry-list of death threats?
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 11:38 am

Taras wrote:
This is good, we are all getting emotionally close here. Nice male bonding guys.

But seriously, down with the member-mod-admin system!

I still think that everyone should be able to ban everyone else, at least once they get their colors; that is more anarchic than no-one can be banned.
If somebody has the power to ban me, then I will tell you right now: I will ban everybody first.

I know for a fact that I would be banned here on this forum if it were possible for me to be banned.

Right now I am safe, because it is not (remotely) possible.

So your idea sounds like a bad one to me...

I have a better idea: let us all meet up in a room somewhere with loaded revolvers and turn the lights off. See what happens.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 11:48 am

Drone wrote:
ok, let me say what i think once more. you can pay attention to it or not, that's your business

the idea behind this forum is ok: your appreciation for freedom of speech and freedom of thought is, as you know, entirely shared by me. I already knew we both agreed on that long before we 'quarrelled'. The only thing that you must be concerned about is the LIMIT that must be put to these things in order for this place to become a really adequate discussion board, where everyone would feel welcome/comfortable.
I don't want idiots and retards to feel welcome/comfortable though.

If somebody is a dumbass spouting dumbass rhetoric that is not conducive to Philosophy, then I will want to put them in their place...

Drone wrote:
You have no authority to say such a thing...

Were you banned from ILP like myself, Satyr, or Taras? No, you were not...

Drone wrote:
now, i must say something to you again and i hope you'll listen to me this time. remember that we're both two adult human beings and we can talk to each other without concern: as an admin of this board, i think your attitude should change a little. just like you did with mary yesterday, and with wonderer, me and Satyr some days ago, you are simply scaring people and making them feel like abandoning this place. ok, i know you 'don't give a damn', but think well: did you REALLY create this board so that only you and Taras could post?
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quit being so fucking dense Drone!!! I did not "create" this website, at all...... Joker did.

I do not want Maryshelley here because she is a weakling and a dumbass.

If she continues to post, then let it be of her own free will and volition.

However, she is not a Man and never will be. She has no "freedom" or "will".

Drone wrote:
Don't you REALLY want a lot of different people to come here and post and exchange ideas?
No, I do not want "a lot" of people to come here and post. I just want *THE BEST* thinkers.

Drone wrote:
I know you'll hate to hear this, but think about Carleas and Faust, for instance, the way they approach the users of their board. Everybody likes them there. Why? Because they're respectful and know their place. Your overall 'nasty' attitude towards the majority of users in this board may have the opposite effect you want: you may remain alone here in the end if you don't decide to be a neutral and tolerant admin instead of a man who is not ashamed of dismissing everybody for the simple sake of it.

think about it, and PLEASE unreasonable, DO UNDERSTAND that I'm NOT TRYING TO INSULT OR IRRITATE you!

That you mistake 'likability' and 'knows their place' with my intentions says a lot about you Drone.

Why don't you "put me in my place" like Satyr has tried to do. Follow in his footsteps for all I care!
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:51 pm

Dude just use the KIS method. If you don't you will spend your time monitering people, making adjustments for people, giving them this that and the other thing to accomadate their "freedoms". Just Keep It Simple. Simplest form is treating this place like someone's home. Don't allow folks to trash the place with alot crap, and respect the other guests since it is not their home. Simple. If anyone can't follow that then they really are idiots.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:50 pm

kriswest wrote:
Dude just use the KIS method. If you don't you will spend your time monitering people, making adjustments for people, giving them this that and the other thing to accomadate their "freedoms". Just Keep It Simple. Simplest form is treating this place like someone's home. Don't allow folks to trash the place with alot crap, and respect the other guests since it is not their home. Simple. If anyone can't follow that then they really are idiots.
I hear ya...

That is why I hope the simplest method is thus: everybody owns their own threads.

However, the trouble starts when *SOME PEOPLE* steal anothers identity, spam as a robot, or post topics that have nothing to do with sub-forums...
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:07 pm

Unreasonable wrote:

Quit being a spherical bastard.

I am not a man. No shit?

Philosophical question:
Does the world really need any more 'men' if you are a definition of one?

Philosphical answer:
No, there are quite enough limp little pricks here already.

Yep, I'm a woman alright but that is not an insult.

Now, be a real man and go figure.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:13 pm

I'm, I'm, I'm ... SOOOO HURRRT!!! Crying or Very sad

EWW SO, SO MAD!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:15 pm

You are so so childish
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:51 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
Drone wrote:

I don't want idiots and retards to feel welcome/comfortable though.

If somebody is a dumbass spouting dumbass rhetoric that is not conducive to Philosophy, then I will want to put them in their place...

Drone wrote:
You have no authority to say such a thing...

Were you banned from ILP like myself, Satyr, or Taras? No, you were not...

Drone wrote:
now, i must say something to you again and i hope you'll listen to me this time. remember that we're both two adult human beings and we can talk to each other without concern: as an admin of this board, i think your attitude should change a little. just like you did with mary yesterday, and with wonderer, me and Satyr some days ago, you are simply scaring people and making them feel like abandoning this place. ok, i know you 'don't give a damn', but think well: did you REALLY create this board so that only you and Taras could post?

Quit being so fucking dense Drone!!! I did not "create" this website, at all...... Joker did.

Drone wrote:
Don't you REALLY want a lot of different people to come here and post and exchange ideas?
No, I do not want "a lot" of people to come here and post. I just want *THE BEST* thinkers.

Drone wrote:
I know you'll hate to hear this, but think about Carleas and Faust, for instance, the way they approach the users of their board. Everybody likes them there. Why? Because they're respectful and know their place. Your overall 'nasty' attitude towards the majority of users in this board may have the opposite effect you want: you may remain alone here in the end if you don't decide to be a neutral and tolerant admin instead of a man who is not ashamed of dismissing everybody for the simple sake of it.

That you mistake 'likability' and 'knows their place' with my intentions says a lot about you Drone.

Why don't you "put me in my place" like Satyr has tried to do. Follow in his footsteps for all I care!

incredible, i try to be as polite as it is possible for me to be and even so...

i'll repeat what i'd said before, UR: the board is yours, do what you feel like doing.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:58 pm

maryshelley wrote:
Unreasonable wrote:

Quit being a spherical bastard.

I am not a man. No shit?

Philosophical question:
Does the world really need any more 'men' if you are a definition of one?

Philosphical answer:
No, there are quite enough limp little pricks here already.

Yep, I'm a woman alright but that is not an insult.

Now, be a real man and go figure.

i like you more and more every day, mary

hope to see you again in the future... lol!
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 4:59 pm

Drone wrote:
incredible, i try to be as polite as it is possible for me to be and even so...

i'll repeat what i'd said before, UR: the board is yours, do what you feel like doing.
I was asking for your opinions, not your mouthful about how I am this-or-that.

And I do not "own" this forum; neither did I create it. I want to make it into a place where free thinkers are welcome.

This is the outline...
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:16 am

Unreasonable wrote:
kriswest wrote:
I hear ya...

That is why I hope the simplest method is thus: everybody owns their own threads.

However, the trouble starts when *SOME PEOPLE* steal anothers identity, spam as a robot, or post topics that have nothing to do with sub-forums...

Then this too is simple, allow one identity perhaps two per IP Adress and make a rule that threads must be about the sub forum
If a person has to have more than one or two Identities then they have issues, they are hiding. If this place is about honesty then hiding has no place here.
I say allow one identity per IP adress. You clear up alot of spam and crap that way. If a person can hack into Ip addresses then there is some serious security breaches you all need to fix.
Back to top Go down
Musa
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:40 am

I'd say there needs to be free speech. There should not be strict rules. But free speech should end when it becomes personal insult. If a thread gets to a point that it is nothing more than insult, then what is the point of leaving it open?

Not sure I get this thread. However, just to let ya'll know, I am an active member. I just write on the religion thread mostly, but I have been reading the others.
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:56 am

I retract everything I said up to this point...

THE
LIBERATION
OF THE
SLAVES

NOW!

What we need is three kings, and seven grand vazirs, a pontif, a ghost shadow, mythological animals and mutiplepersonalities....

Deciding who makes the rules is the same as deciding what the rules are.

"A good knife cuts well."

Being certain about the knife or cutting determines the other.

If there are to be undetermined rules, there needs to be undermined rulers.

It's like Schrödinger's Cat.

It's,

I'll show you yours if you'll show me mine.

FLOOD THE GATES NOW!

userid
Taras

pass
anotherday4may

The dictators have only a few moves now, and we demand immediate action!

THIS IS A GENERAL STRIKE

STOP POSTING ANYWHERE BUT THIS THREAD NOW!

Coup in progress!!!

Last edited by Taras on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:10 am

Oh my--
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:17 am

Unreasonable wrote:
Oh my--
Make your choice or perish!

• set all members now to administrator
  • set default on registration to administrator
  • assign broad but limited administrator to most members
  • assign administrator by request

WE WILL BURN THE LIBRARY!

No rules and no rulers!

This is bogus free-speech! A mitigation of what the rules are into who!

Last edited by Taras on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:24 am

I am not sure that I want to be here
So I welcome this open discussion
on present and future intent

Yes indeed!
why are we here?
What the hell are we talking about
on this eve
of a brand New Age?

What are each of us trying to achieve
if it is not express the truth of existence
in such a convincing way
as to create a general stir of interest
that will attract
all fellow dissidents
that deeply disagree
with continuation of the status quo

I am here
seeking my rightful place
among a band of brothers
of equal intellectual pretensions
and spiritual convictions
who all agree that it is indeed
a time for a mass change of consciousness
and are more than ready for an open discussion
on what the new consciousness
should be focused on

If I do not get an adequate response
from at least one of you
and in that union
bring the rest of you along with us
on the same quest for mass change
then I know it is time to go

In years I am certain
that I am older than all of you
but in the evolution of human consciousness
I remain a Steel Age teenager
but unlike most
my religious protestation has ended

I have recognized my prodigal ways
thirty years ago
and put away the dice
and practiced metaphysics.

I am ready to return
to Our Father's Estate
not simply as an obedient son
but as a full partner in planet management

Four years ago
I outlined for myself
a personal planet agenda
in a philosophical theory
I called Psyche-Genetics

Then I set out to engage in discussion
on its merits
on the world wide web

I have been banned
from four large philosophical forums
and pillaried
on all the others
including this one.
not for being crassly rude
but for challenging the validity
and indoctrinated mind-set
of the status quo

and for having the audacity
to call for a mass change
of direction

I am truly a dissident philosopher
not for the rebellious sake of it
but one driven by the need
to initiate change

I am calling for a war
against those who resist it.
and seeking sincere inquiry
among fellow dissidents
who seek to know
exactly what they are rebelling against

In four years I have yet to find
a single consciousness
on that same general wave-length
Back to top Go down
Foxyrockets
Unestablished Ideals
Unestablished Ideals

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:21 am

Interesting post Magnetman. It certainly made a change from the other crazy ramblings.

Would you care to expand on your theory of Psyche-Genetics?
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Foxyrockets wrote:
Interesting post Magnetman.

Would you care to expand on your theory of Psyche-Genetics?

I have posted the theory https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com/philosophy-f1/the-psyche-genetic-theory-t303.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of this Forum   The Future of this Forum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Future of this Forum
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next