Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To phenomenal_graffiti's Christianity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
simpleLife
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-11-06

To phenomenal_graffiti's Christianity Empty
PostSubject: To phenomenal_graffiti's Christianity   To phenomenal_graffiti's Christianity I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:37 pm

At least I assume that you understand very well all what you are presenting here though I am not sure to whom you are addressing.

Simply speaking, the universal goal of all beings is to fill what we may call the 'time' between their birth and their death as smoothly as possible. That is why humans try to find out, as possible, their 'subjective' best paths for their pleasures and/or happiness because this helps them speed their 'time', since naturally they perceive 'time' as if it runs very slowly while they live in a sort of pain.

For instance, I wonder...
What a pray could mean to you?
What the word 'sin' could mean to you?
What 'death' could mean to you?

Finally, for what reason you bother yourself in teaching others about anything?

After all, deceiving the masses around the world is now much more easier than ever.

How? in the name of science...
who dares saying/proving that the way by which the WTC towers were destroyed, does indeed defy the law of physics?
I guess no one...
why?
because the majority of people on earth look for money and sex (that is having power on each other while glorifying and attacking each other). So they are ready to believe about anything if this helps them get what they look for. For example, the families of the WTC victims are asking since years to get fully their promised money while their last worry is to know who really planned and excuted the attack on 9-11 (against their so-called beloved persons).

Note:
Sorry for not being able to talk with you more often, your images take too long to be downloaded as if you are asking for getting no reply. Or perhaps you used to be taught by pictures (I had that sort of experience when I was a kid), so you feel better in addressing others by the same mean.

Kerim
Back to top Go down
phenomenal_graffiti
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Male
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: To phenomenal_graffiti's Christianity   To phenomenal_graffiti's Christianity I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:35 am

simplelife:

I present my beliefs in the belief they are true and in the hope of stating my case for the record.

Sin=anything that offends or any religious offense

Pray=to speak to a deity to request a particular future outcome, or just make conversation with diety

Death=cessation of biological existence as opposed to cessation of existence of consciousness

J.
Back to top Go down
simpleLife
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: To phenomenal_graffiti's Christianity   To phenomenal_graffiti's Christianity I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 10:30 am

Dear J.

Thank you for your clear and simple reply.

The good news is, everyone in the world (including myself) thinks that what he believes has to be true, in a way or another. In other words, each of us is pre-programmed to find out the subset of all rules of existence that are related to his own being. So it is always possible for one to reach, in his knowledge, his relative/subjective perfection (not the absolute perfection as being all-knowing). Because knowing/studying anything beyond this truth subset would be redundant for his actual needs but, on the other hand, it doesn't harm to think more than necessary as a pleasant way (mainly for thinkers) to pass one's birth-death time.

It will be always my pleasure to hear from you what you have found out as your subset truth while discovering yourself and the existence you were/are forced to be in (as it is my case too Wink ).

Quote :

Sin=anything that offends or any religious offense

Sure, sin is anything that offends ... But the crucial question is... that offends WHO?... I mean... against WHO?
Any idea?

Quote :

Pray=to speak to a deity to request a particular future outcome, or just make conversation with diety

This is what formal believers in a diety are requested to do... But the crucial question is... What is the difference between praying in public and in private? Do they have the same effects on the praying person?
Also, may we consider a private meditation as a sort of a deep prayer in which the inner feeling is much more important than any words.
Even an Atheist likely feels sometimes the need to be alone just with himself and in his mind whatever/whoever he likes to be.

Quote :

Death=cessation of biological existence as opposed to cessation of existence of consciousness

Not bad. But here, the crucial question is... How to define one's consciousness and if it exists for someone how he can be sure that it is a standalone being in him while it is also related to his body (while alive).

Of course, I will give you my own answers next time... but I am curious to know first your personal opinion/views if this is not inconvenient to you.

Kerim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To phenomenal_graffiti's Christianity   To phenomenal_graffiti's Christianity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To phenomenal_graffiti's Christianity
Page 1 of 1