Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interview with kriswest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Interview with kriswest Empty
PostSubject: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:03 am

Interview with kriswest

Who is the mysterious kriswest? Let's try try to learn something about this amazing and mysterious thinker!

Interview with kriswest 5699b8276416

Let's start with a few opening questions, has kris ever read any 'philosophy books', Kant, Nietzsche, stuff like that? And if not, how did kris fall into philosophy?

Are you a dissident? And so much more interestingly, whohowwhatwherewhenwhy?

You live in the bayou. In a trailer park too. How does someone so rejected from the main-stream come to something so authoritarian and systemic as philosophy?

And what terrible thing did you do that you were thrown out of the garden of ignorance? The consolations of philosophy are are a stiff drink. What are you trying to forget?

Cats over dogs? I'd think you'd like both? Horses too, or your love for animals doesn't get past steak?

Did you vote for Obama?

Does he know you're on these dark and secret sites?

Do you have a KKK "hood"?

Favorite pro-sport after WWE wrestling is...?

TBC
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:45 am

ROTFLMFAO are you serious? I look nothing like that. And any one with a lick of sense would not dress like that in a swamp Laughing She does look about my age. I am a redhead, 5'5" 110lbs I do wear glasses that is true. Transition lenses though not those plain crappy ones.

Quote :
Let's start with a few opening questions, has kris ever read any 'philosophy books', Kant, Nietzsche, stuff like that? And if not, how did kris fall into philosophy?

Yep started reading books from them and others way back when I was a sickly kid not allowed to go out and play. Then I set them somewhat aside in favor of tasting and learning my own philosophy recipes not just reading about other's tastes and recipes.

Quote :
Are you a dissident? And so much more interestingly, whohowwhatwherewhenwhy?
It depends upon the subject,, if you agree with something you can't be a dissident of it. And if you never believed in it you can't be a dissenter. If you agreed with something then change your mind you do dissent. Each subject of the world is different for me I either agree, not believe or I dissent. The list is too long to post. Very Happy

You live in the bayou. In a trailer park too. How does someone so rejected from the main-stream come to something so authoritarian and systemic as philosophy?
A trailer Park???? We own 10 acres and a cabin. Mainstream did not reject us we rejected mainstream a few years back. If you see philosophy as authoritarian and systematic then you only read Philosophy , you don't live it. I came to the study as a part of other studies of humanity.

Quote :
And what terrible thing did you do that you were thrown out of the garden of ignorance? The consolations of philosophy are are a stiff drink. What are you trying to forget?
The terrible thing that i did was to question the workings of some long forgotten object, which was not mine but, my parents Their reaction was curious to me. If you think and question there is no real forgetting you just learn to apply it all to make a life worth living.

Quote :
Cats over dogs? I'd think you'd like both? Horses too, or your love for animals doesn't get past steak?

I love all creatures, even if i have to eat them or kill them.
Quote :
Did you vote for Obama?
Nope ,, voted for McKinney

Quote :
Should I care? Because really I seriously can't bring myself to care.

Quote :
No, Just a KAIT hood

Quote :
Laughing

I hate wrestling. I do enjoy most any type of races though. Except for grayhound racing that is one sport that should be abolished or more regulated for the safety of the dogs.
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:30 am

Interview with kriswest Interview

PART II

kriswest wrote:
ROTFLMFAO are you serious? I look nothing like that.
It was a guess. Not so bad a guess I see.

Quote :
...started reading books from them and others way back when I was a sickly kid not allowed to go out and play.
That is poetic, like Kierkegaard.

Quote :
Then I set them somewhat aside in favor of tasting and learning my own philosophy recipes not just reading about other's tastes and recipes.

So really living your philosophy is important to you?

Quote :
The list is too long to post. Very Happy

Do any of these dissident actions have a special meaning for your philosophy?

How have the authorities reacted to you?

Quote :
Mainstream did not reject us we rejected mainstream a few years back. If you see philosophy as authoritarian and systematic then you only read Philosophy , you don't live it. I came to the study as a part of other studies of humanity.

"Us"?

Quote :
Quote :
The terrible thing that i did was to question the workings of some long forgotten object, which was not mine but, my parents Their reaction was curious to me.

You broke something of your mother's? A jewelry box? You killed your sister?

Quote :
If you think and question there is no real forgetting you just learn to apply it all to make a life worth living.

That sounds like good coping advice.

Quote :
Nope ,, voted for McKinney

Why?

Quote :
Quote :
Should I care? Because really I seriously can't bring myself to care.
Is he some sort of hillbilly and you are philosophizing while he is cleaning his shotguns and watching Wheel of Fortune?

Quote :
Quote :
No, Just a KAIT hood
KAIT 24-7 Weather Channel?

Quote :
Quote :
Laughing
I hate wrestling. I do enjoy grayhound racing that is one sport that I love.

Duck hunting? Rodeo? Any other interesting hobbies?

TBC
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:50 am

ROTFLMAO OK

Quote :
So really living your philosophy is important to you?

No Living life is philosophy. If you only read it you can't live. Each of us has our own epiphanies in life that are as important as any published person has. If you only live your life through what others say or write then you are living their life not yours. Philosophy and life are to be discovered not just handed to you.

Quote :
Do any of these dissident actions have a special meaning for your philosophy?

How have the authorities reacted to you?

All dissents and acceptence has special meaning they are a part of the whole. One in particular is belief. I dissent against believing anything entirely. Everything has truth and everything has false. If you believe one specific way you hinder the process of living.

Authorities do not know I exist except as a number or a plain old report. it works best that way for right now.

Quote :
Us"?
My husband and I,, our son was not to happy about moving out of mainstream but, now he accepts it and has his own plans.

Quote :
Why?

Because McKinney scares the crap out of mainstream politicians and the media.

Quote :
Is he some sort of hillbilly and you are philosophizing while he is cleaning his shotguns and watching Wheel of Fortune?
I did not think Obama was any of that,, Wheel of fortune maybe..
If you meant my husband, then no he is not any of that well, except maybe Wheel of Fortune while eating supper. He likes to yell at the idiots,, it relaxes him
Laughing

Quote :
KAIT 24-7 Weather Channel?
nah,, Kick An Idiot Today

Quote :
Duck hunting? Rodeo? Any other interesting hobbies?
Just learning and art
You must work for the media, as an intern,, You alre learning to remove reality very well.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:38 pm

kriswest wrote:
I dissent against believing anything entirely. Everything has truth and everything has false. If you believe one specific way you hinder the process of living.

This is the skeptical tradition in philosophy?

Quote :
Authorities do not know I exist except as a number or a plain old report. it works best that way for right now.

That seems like a good tactic. Keep your head down.

Is there ever a time to confront the authorities directly, or for a philosopher it is always agitation, subversion, sabotage, like this?

Quote :
Because McKinney scares the crap out of mainstream politicians and the media.

She is an anarchist or libertarian, isn't she?

Quote :
You alre learning to remove reality very well.

This seemed like a good opportunity to dialogue with one of the world preeminent English language ephilosophers.

Do you go to church?

Are you a Christian?

Not having the luxury of balding as men do, that red hair must have had an affect on your development? Was it difficult growing up a 'carrot-top'?

Do you have a favorite main-stream philosopher?

You are not a hillbilly without an education at all. You are more like what Faust recently called a Limousine Liberal? Does this characterization bother you?

Favorite dinosaur?
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:52 am

Serge wrote:

This is the skeptical tradition in philosophy?
I would not know that. its just the way I see things

Quote :
That seems like a good tactic. Keep your head down.

Is there ever a time to confront the authorities directly, or for a philosopher it is always agitation, subversion, sabotage, like this?
Of course there is a time for it. But pick your fights, you can stretch yourself too thin. When a neccessary fight comes, you might not be able to address it if you have pushed and pushed.

Quote :
She is an anarchist or libertarian, isn't she?
Her political affiliations do not interest me, her words and actions do, so I do not really know if she is an Anarchist , she is registered Libertarian.
She is a person that has a direction of fairness and she is a bulldog in getting what she believes is right. She and a boatload of folks braved Isreal to bring help to civilians in Gaza. She puts her life where her mouth is. How many politicians go to the front lines?

Quote :
This seemed like a good opportunity to dialogue with one of the world preeminent English language ephilosophers.
Are you sure you are talking to the right person?? I am not aware of any noteriety,, damn this dial up is slow, I tend to be the last to know about things.

Quote :
Do you go to church?
Not since I was 6, I have attended a number of services from time to time but, that was because someone invited me, or people died or got married.
Quote :
Are you a Christian?
No, and the devil does not want me either,, and me being such a nice person and all.

Quote :
Not having the luxury of balding as men do, that red hair must have had an affect on your development? Was it difficult growing up a 'carrot-top'?
It gave me a perspective on bigotry that most folks don't ever get. Its odd being liked and disliked for being a redhead by others that are not.
Quote :
Do you have a favorite main-stream philosopher?
No, nor do I have one that I dislike, all have something to offer.

Quote :
You are not a hillbilly without an education at all. You are more like what Faust recently called a Limousine Liberal? Does this characterization bother you?
It can't bother me because I have no clue what you mean by that.
Favorite dinosaur?[/quote]
Living or extinct????? Living would have to be gators/crocs. Extinct would have to be any raptor.
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:58 am

Interview with kriswest Callahan+and+Family%5Bsm%5D

Part IV

Are you a patriot? A lot of people have been saying a lot of bad things about America these days. What do you have to say to them?

Do you think the ephilosophy community is in danger from Islamic fundamentalists? Could a Danish cartoon row explode out of this medium too?

A lot of ephilosophers are expressing concern about fatwa and assasinations? Do you think these fears are justified?

Some people charactarize your philosophy as hill-billy and red-neck? What are the sources of these philosophies? Are they real grass-roots philosophical movements or just rural prejudice?

Does Obama represent a shift in American class structure away from it's historic Black-White polarity, with Blacks now specializing as a support class, similar to the role of Indians in Anglo colonies, or of the Boers in South Africa, and with Latins displacing Blacks as the new native class?

What does 'The South will rise again' mean to you?

Some of your readers were imagining a philosophical Axl Rose. But that doesn't really sum you up does it? Do you have a favorite country-and-western song?
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:55 am

I hope Kriswest is extremely-ugly in real life; anything more would cause me great distress and sleepless nights.
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:30 pm

Serge wrote:
Interview with kriswest Callahan+and+Family%5Bsm%5D

Part IV

Quote :
Are you a patriot? A lot of people have been saying a lot of bad things about America these days. What do you have to say to them?

I am not a patriot of the Gov't, I am a patriot to the people

Quote :
Do you think the ephilosophy community is in danger from Islamic fundamentalists? Could a Danish cartoon row explode out of this medium too?

ROTFLMAO I think Ilsamic fundies have more to worry about from the Philo communities.
Quote :
A lot of ephilosophers are expressing concern about fatwa and assasinations? Do you think these fears are justified?
If they are concerned about assasinations then they need to quit posting their photos and vital information all over the place and get a black market gun just in case. If they get killed its probably due to their own stupidity and ignorance. rather harsh yes, but life is that way.

Quote :
Some people charactarize your philosophy as hill-billy and red-neck? What are the sources of these philosophies? Are they real grass-roots philosophical movements or just rural prejudice?
Well considering that I spent most of my life in large cities, I doubt I qualify as a hillbilly or a red neck. My sources of philosphy is reading a crap load and living everyday. I do not think any one follows what I say or think. Its just plain old me that walks this street.

Quote :
Does Obama represent a shift in American class structure away from it's historic Black-White polarity, with Blacks now specializing as a support class, similar to the role of Indians in Anglo colonies, or of the Boers in South Africa, and with Latins displacing Blacks as the new native class?
Ummmm,,,,,,,,I will have to aks him, Powell and Rice,, their appointment books are pretty full right now so it may be a while.

Quote :
What does 'The South will rise again' mean to you?

A cat ,dog or man is getting ready to mark their territory. Or it just means that a group may be knocked down but, they certainly are not quitting.

Quote :
Some of your readers were imagining a philosophical Axl Rose. But that doesn't really sum you up does it? Do you have a favorite country-and-western song?
On the Wings of a Snow White Dove.
I do not listen to country as a rule.

UR I am 44 consider me ugly and old, its no insult darlin. As long as my husband finds me sexy thats all that I care about. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Who said I will not find you attractive based on age?
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Wait, I should not be interrupting this interview, LOL, by all means...
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:01 am

Unreasonable wrote:
Wait, I should not be interrupting this interview, LOL, by all means...
Ask a way.

The fifth and final segment is coming soon. Stay tuned....

And who should be next? I need better questions too, fortunately kw is not a hostile interviewee...
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 11:02 am

I have a great sense of humor,, I have lived with males most of my life, its either laugh or nag and turn gray,,,, I prefer letting guys be guys and have fun Laughing

UR , Not based upon age no,, but, consider that I have set ways, ways that have already been adapted to one man,, I don't think I would be able to adapt to another. Although it is flattering. It is always flattering to know someone else is interested.

If you want someone like me then find yourself a nice raunchy full of life girl that has a sense of humor. You will have a great life. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:42 am

Interview with kriswest Woman_writing_lead_203x152

Interview with kriswest, part v

As this is the final segment of our interview, thank-you very much for participating. I'm sure a lot of your readers had questions about who you are and what you think and stand for -- I hope that I have gotten at some of this. Here are the last few questions, notwithstanding anything you would like to add.

How did you get into ephilosohpy?

How does ephilosophy compare with old-fashioned books and notepads? Pros, cons, a dead-end, a radical new beginning?

There are some very talented women in ; by contrast, classical philosophy is dominated by men. Is it something about being text-based, something about the hiddenness of identity, or is this the new reality? Why are so many women making a mark via BBS in an area which is otherwise male dominated?

Is ephilosophy an addiction for you?

"You catch more flys with honey than with vinager." Agree or disagree?

-Niki
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:04 am

As this is the final segment of our interview, thank-you very much for participating. I'm sure a lot of your readers had questions about who you are and what you think and stand for -- I hope that I have gotten at some of this. Here are the last few questions, notwithstanding anything you would like to add.

How did you get into ephilosohpy?

Quote :
How does ephilosophy compare with old-fashioned books and notepads? Pros, cons, a dead-end, a radical new beginning?

This mode of communication allows for people of different cultures to truly talk for the first time. They exchange ideas and understandings in an unprecedented amount. The little guys are finally learning about each other and not through their Govt' propaganda. So net forums have a very big plus on that. On the other hand communication skills are becoming one dimensional. Ideas are only black and white here. There is no room for passion or emotion that one shows when face to face. Body language and tones are so very important in communicating. When discussing subjects it is always better for understanding to see and hear the other person. So the forums do have that as a dawback. There is not a dead end, it is just a different end. Books will always be needed because, sometimes we actually have to immerse our minds into just one other person's life. books do that. Books are a vital part of education. Besides soaking in a hot tub with a puter around is just not a good idea,, books, if dropped into the water, can't give you the shock of your life.

Quote :
There are some very talented women in eφ; by contrast, classical philosophy is dominated by men. Is it something about being text-based, something about the hiddenness of identity, or is this the new reality? Why are so many women making a mark via BBS in an area which is otherwise male dominated?
ROFL hidden identities has no bearing on it. Its the fact that women actually do prefer intelligent conversation over fashion and women actually own computers or use computers in some fashion. I would say Males have dominated any area of philosophy because they have traditionally had more access to higher education. This is becoming less and less with every passing year. Women are being given more and more assistance to get a higher education, so they use it.

Is ephilosophy an addiction for you?
No, its just part of an ongoing education for me. If you stop learning then your mind atrophies. Also,, its either this during my breaks or idiot Soap operas.... Really is there any choice?? Very Happy

Quote :
"You catch more flys with honey than with vinager." Agree or disagree

I actually put that one to a real test some years back. It was 50/50
Its true for humans too. We all have our own ways. Sometimes we respond well to kindness and sometimes we respond well to abuse, it depends upon the person and the situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with kriswest   Interview with kriswest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview with kriswest
Page 1 of 1