Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Depraved mod

Go down 
+4
maryshelley
Satyr
Unreasonable
Taras
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Faust

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:38 pm

Hey, do you folks need a mod over here?

(Heard a rumor.)
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Faust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Or is this a Faust imposter?)

Long time no see!

What up buddy!

-Niki
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:38 pm

Laughing

What a laugh!
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male
Number of posts : 540

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:06 am

Faust wrote:
Hey, do you folks need a mod over here?

(Heard a rumor.)
Hey Faust, how does it feel to pretend you are some hippy, open minded, thinker and then find yourself part of the establishment, defending the normality of popular culture?

What happened to all those wide-eyed youngsters of the sixties, full of love and open to the universe's possibilities and adventure?
Did they grow up to be sad businessmen holding onto their investments for dear life and going through their mid-life crisis desperately holding onto their lost youth?

What happened to all those mavericks and wild hearts running with the wolves?
Did they settle for being sheep dogs, in barns, because they woke up one day and realized that they weren't as free or as wild as they had pretended to be, using all those uncontrolled substances, but that they were really sheep looking for the herd with the most fluffy wool?

The forest can be a dangerous place. The barn is all warm and soft and the master can be kind...at times.
Throw him a bone!!!

I bet it feels good to be the censoring tool rather than the censored...but justifying it can be rough.
You have to pretend you are protecting others when you are. really, protecting yourself.

I, for one, support your nomination for moderator.
Your closed minded obtuseness, your desire to make it all about the joke - like Tabual Rasa - and about the social milieu (My blood pressure is fine by the way. I'm actually considered laid back by most people who actually know me) makes you a perfect candidate for policing rules he doesn't fully believe in or understands.

Share a joke with Britney Smears...he seems to need this communal interaction because, presumably, he lacks it...and he is unable to utter a single word that is in any way interesting or insightful or even relevant.
His attempt at ridicule with his "The Masculinization of Women" was indicative of his overall thickness.
I bet he still thinks its all only about muscles and cocks and pussies and tits and ass and me pretending I am the ideal male and blah, blah, blah...

What a perfect debater he will be in the upcoming, and quickly becomnig boring, debate battles.

Nice place you moderate there.
I wouldn't accept the offer, if I were you.

The graphics suck over here and the idiots are of a different kind.
Less of your kind. geek

Last edited by Satyr on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:27 am

When someone calls another an idiot or stupid or an imbecile. Is that not an attempt to demean in order to silence; to apply censorship? One that has been successfully used for as long as there has 'been' a god.

Shut up stupid.
What do you know, idiot?
Content deleted.
Banned.

Seeking comfort with sheep or with wolves? All mammals seek comfort when their bellies are full.

Let us humans gain comfort from our 'ideals' at least; or our minds whilst we possess them.

Or live with our discomforts.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:05 am

maryshelley wrote:
When someone calls another an idiot or stupid or an imbecile. Is that not an attempt to demean in order to silence; to apply censorship? One that has been successfully used for as long as there has 'been' a god.
all debate is a competition, little girl.

Silencing the other by force of will, force of intellect and silencing another through force of institutional support, are two different strategies.

If i defeat the other using my own powers and if I do so by calling the cops, is not the same thing, darling.

Quote :
Shut up stupid.
What do you know, idiot?
Content deleted.
Banned.
What more honest way to express an honest opinion, you stupid idiot?!!!!
Do you prefer me thinking it, while i pretend to respect your views?

This is why you prefer the bullshit of social graces. It protects you from reality and it offers you the illusion that your opinions are intelligent and not adopted from others.

Quote :
Seeking comfort with sheep or with wolves? All mammals seek comfort when their bellies are full.
No, dimwit, all animals seek what they lack...when the belly is full no animal hunts. When the organism is afraid and seeks comforting, it seeks comforting, not a full belly you metaphor mixing dolt.

Quote :
Let us humans gain comfort from our 'ideals' at least; or our minds whilst we possess them.

Discomfort results in action.
The illusion of comfort is what drives you to remain as dumb as you are. You inebriate yourself.
Back to top Go down
Faust

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:10 am

Hey Satyr - I would think it a waste of time to have spent so many years thinking about philosophy and still be "open-minded". If I hadn't eliminated some bad ideas by now, I'd just give up. The point of philosophising is to narrow the mind, not to broaden it.

You know, like the way you justify all this puerile nastiness as "strength". As if that is the sole criterion for message-board politics. As if it was more than just nastiness.

And you're right - I do police an occasional rule that I don't agree with.

So, thanks for your support.

And now I will say something you won't agree with.

Your formidable intelligence and writing skills are simply wasted as you use them to bludgeon those who possess less of either. For the wolf must follow the flock - or starve. To be a wolf is to be dependent.

So it's really a shame that you are not of a more independent spirit. That your feeding habits are so specific, yet so demanding. Like that endangered hawk in the Everglades, that feeds only on snail darters. The way you feed only on sheep.

You would benefit from a more omnivorous approach.

And, in the end, it's moral consideration - which means it's a matter of taste.

An overly-specific taste is poor taste indeed.

Some time ago, when you were willing to put some effort to the task, when you sliced and diced your victims with some subtlety and taste - when your razor was so sharp that they didn't even feel the pain even as the blood gushed from their veins, you were entertaining. But you have lost your edge.

I think it's because you managed to gain some true disciples. Like Unreasonable. And you panicked.

A shame, really.

But many is the talent who finds celebrity and can't handle it.

I remain a fan - waiting for you to get your groove back.
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:14 am

It's the real Faust!
Back to top Go down
Faust

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:30 am

What gave it away?

And how do I know you?
Back to top Go down
Faust

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:39 am

Nothing. I still don't trust that you are really the real Faust.

How do you know me? Maybe we don't know one another at all?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:52 am

Faust wrote:
Hey Satyr - I would think it a waste of time to have spent so many years thinking about philosophy and still be "open-minded". If I hadn't eliminated some bad ideas by now, I'd just give up. The point of philosophising is to narrow the mind, not to broaden it.
Then you admit to being obtuse or being unable to use philosophy to broaden your mind or to use insights for practical reasons.

If your alternative is to remain as unguided and noncommittal as you are, then surely your indecision or inability to take a stance will be taken as "goodness" by most.

Quote :
You know, like the way you justify all this puerile nastiness as "strength". As if that is the sole criterion for message-board politics. As if it was more than just nastiness.
This is your judgment based on what philosophical principles?

In the previous sentence you denounce philosophy and now you posit a judgment based on a philosophical position...a social one.
Which philosophical position to you take for granted and you consider self-evident?

What "respect" do I owe you or anyone, and on what grounds is this respect earned or justified?

Quote :
And you're right - I do police an occasional rule that I don't agree with.
Exactly, because the interests of the moderator has to reflect the administrator's and the majority's...therefore you are but an instrument of mediocrity in a system - in this cases a forum - with certain motives.
The motive in this case, as with any social system, is inclusion...popularity.

Quote :
So, thanks for your support.
You are welcome.

Quote :
And now I will say something you won't agree with.
Why? Did you just say something I did agree with?

Quote :
Your formidable intelligence and writing skills are simply wasted as you use them to bludgeon those who possess less of either. For the wolf must follow the flock - or starve. To be a wolf is to be dependent.
All that lives is dependent to a degree or another.

Have I not said that the absolute is non-existent and so the idea of absolute freedom is also so?

Quote :
So it's really a shame that you are not of a more independent spirit.
What is more of a shame is that you use such pathetic methods to defend your mediocrity.

My independence is from your particular herd, but even this is not total. You people vote...I cannot change the system as I ca change forums.
There is no alternative to your kind. Your kind is what every large system needs: docile, obtuse, hypocritical, dimwits trying to be funny or pleasing to their own kind.

Did my blood pressure just go up? Tell Magsy, that brown, cow, not to worry.

Quote :
That your feeding habits are so specific, yet so demanding. Like that endangered hawk in the Everglades, that feeds only on snail darters. The way you feed only on sheep.
What do you feed off?
Grass...

Quote :
You would benefit from a more omnivorous approach.
Don't fool yourself, you are a herbivore through and through. You have no teeth for flesh and so you protect those grass grinders because that's the only way you get your cooked meat from the master.

Quote :
And, in the end, it's moral consideration - which means it's a matter of taste.
No, simpleton, morality isn't taste.
Morality is the imposition of taste or the lack of it, in your case.

You have no palate to speak of; your taste buds have been burned with all that cooked meat you've been eating.

Quote :
An overly-specific taste is poor taste indeed.
Discriminating taste is only tasteless to one that lacks it.
You are a perfect example.

How pretentious a man that can taste nuances in the wine appears to those that can't tell the difference between water and pig-swill.

Quote :
Some time ago, when you were willing to put some effort to the task, when you sliced and diced your victims with some subtlety and taste - when your razor was so sharp that they didn't even feel the pain even as the blood gushed from their veins, you were entertaining. But you have lost your edge.
No, I've lost the desire to offer so much energy to remaining subtle.

The thick of hide cannot feel a pinch...they need to be slapped or punched. All nuance, as you've witnessed with McMiserable, is lost on them.
Wasted effort. A lost cause. Might as well caress a wall.

Best to use them as specimens of the very phenomena I describe.
But this desire is leaving me, as well.
Now I just need my own kind. My point has been made, to all with eyes for it...the rest...can stay just the way they are.

Quote :
I think it's because you managed to gain some true disciples. Like Unreasonable. And you panicked. A shame, really.
This is where you are wrong...he isn't even close to the type I was describing.
He's another manifestation of your kind, dear fool.

A follower, a wannabe, a needy mind, with obviuos psychological issues, seeking a master to follow, a leader to emulate and imitate.
Just like you and different only in which master he follows, in comparison to you.

The fact that this leader, for him, was me does not flatter me or cause me to lose sight of reality.
There's no panic...there is only a growing indifference.

Quote :
But many is the talent who finds celebrity and can't handle it.

I remain a fan - waiting for you to get your groove back.
My internet celebrity is not my doing, nor is it my goal.

I do not search for converts.
lol!
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 242

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:29 am

maryshelley wrote:

Quote :
all debate is a competition, little girl.

Indeed, I just cannot help expressing my opinion when I see hypocrisy in one who so enjoys to point out the hypocrisy of others. The results are debatable.

Quote :
Silencing the other by force of will, force of intellect and silencing another through force of institutional support, are two different strategies.

If I defeat the other using my own powers and if I do so by calling the cops, is not the same thing, darling.

Hmm yes did you defeat something already? And shouting 'idiot' makes you feel oh so powerful? The cops do it all the time, as they beat you. Torturers as well. Should I clap now?

Quote :
Shut up stupid.
What do you know, idiot?
Content deleted.
Banned.

Quote :
What more honest way to express an honest opinion, you stupid idiot?!!!!
Do you prefer me thinking it, while i pretend to respect your views?

I prefer an 'honest opinion'. I just know there is no such thing......but do keep deluding yourself that YOU are in possession of one. I assume by deleting content and banning some people are expressing their honest opinion on particular views. Or they just can't handle your views so they shout 'idiot'? Or beat you with a stick? Or hose you down with a fire hose? Is there a metaphor in here somewhere?

Quote :
This is why you prefer the bullshit of social graces. It protects you from reality and it offers you the illusion that your opinions are intelligent and not adopted from others.

I prefer social graces. That is funny. You don't know how funny but I'll leave it there. No. I just don't find calling someone stupid; intelligent. But that is my opinion! That you think my opinion is derivative and that yours is not suggests that you are as deluded as any of the saps you love to beat up on. And if you are indeed more intelligent than I. Well just keep shouting 'idiot' that should prove something.

Quote :
Quote :
No, dimwit, all animals seek what they lack...when the belly is full no animal hunts. When the organism is afraid and seeks comforting, it seeks comforting, not a full belly you metaphor mixing dolt.

Oh there goes satyr's mighty opinion again. Clunk.

Once fed an animal seeks comfort through sleep, social interaction or play. When afraid it prepares to defend itself and/or calls others to come to its aid. It does anything but seek comfort at that point because to seek comfort would end most likely in its death.

And if I may mix my metaphors again; sheep have little to fear from an overfed lone wolf. And a little knowledge randomly applied can be a dangerous thing.

So if you are going to attempt to use a metaphor intelligently make sure the metaphor is an appropriate fit. Or instead just try expressing your honest opinion.

Faust you are a sell-out has anice ring to it.

Quote :

The illusion of comfort is what drives you to remain as dumb as you are. You inebriate yourself.[/quote]

Inebriate - only once a year on boxing day when all the social interaction has become too much!
Discomfort is unavoidable satyr so one must learn to either live with it; or die. I'm not ready to die, yet. Are you?
Back to top Go down
Faust

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:06 am

Quote :
Then you admit to being obtuse or being unable to use philosophy to broaden your mind or to use insights for practical reasons.

I have no opinion on my obtuseness, but I admit to being unwilling, if not unable, to broaden my mind just for the sake of broadening my mind. Just a value we do not share.

Quote :
If your alternative is to remain as unguided and noncommittal as you are, then surely your indecision or inability to take a stance will be taken as "goodness" by most.

I also have no opinion about whether I am perceivd as good by most. You are certianly entitled to yours.

Quote :
This is your judgment based on what philosophical principles?

It's not based on philosophical priciples at all. I don't need philosophical principles for trivia.

Quote :
In the previous sentence you denounce philosophy and now you posit a judgment based on a philosophical position...a social one.
Which philosophical position to you take for granted and you consider self-evident?

I did no such thing. But philosophy is a social endeavor. Materialism is self-evident, but the assumption we make to found our philosophical positions are not important. We all have assumptions. Philosophy is about the arguments we make for our positions. We can have the positions themselves without philsophising.

Quote :
What "respect" do I owe you or anyone, and on what grounds is this respect earned or justified?

Absolutely none. Nor was any asked for.

Quote :
Why? Did you just say something I did agree with?

How should I know? That assumption was not present in my statement.

Quote :
All that lives is dependent to a degree or another.

But the degree matters.
Quote :
Have I not said that the absolute is non-existent and so the idea of absolute freedom is also so?

Couldn't agree more.
Quote :
What is more of a shame is that you use such pathetic methods to defend your mediocrity.

My independence is from your particular herd, but even this is not total. You people vote...I cannot change the system as I ca change forums.
There is no alternative to your kind. Your kind is what every large system needs: docile, obtuse, hypocritical, dimwits trying to be funny or pleasing to their own kind.

Did my blood pressure just go up? Tell Magsy, that brown, cow, not to worry.

Ifd there is no alternative, then you cannot be an alternative.

It's getting tiresome that we agree so much.

Quote :
Don't fool yourself, you are a herbivore through and through. You have no teeth for flesh and so you protect those grass grinders because that's the only way you get your cooked meat from the master.

Like you, I have a congenital defect - English teeth. Can't help it.

Quote :
No, simpleton, morality isn't taste.
Morality is the imposition of taste or the lack of it, in your case.

You have no palate to speak of; your taste buds have been burned with all that cooked meat you've been eating.

Okay, the imposition of taste. You are only supporting my point. And I have thanked you for your support. But do I really want it?

I guess.

Quote :
Discriminating taste is only tasteless to one that lacks it.
You are a perfect example.

How pretentious a man that can taste nuances in the wine appears to those that can't tell the difference between water and pig-swill.

Again, bolstering my case for taste.

I had hoped for more, but you have disappointed me in the past. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Quote :
No, I've lost the desire to offer so much energy to remaining subtle.

I can see that. I don't disagree. It's a loss to me and all your other fans. But what should I expect for free?

Quote :
Now I just need my own kind.

Then you are happy in your new home. I am happy for you.

Quote :
This is where you are wrong...he isn't even close to the type I was describing.
He's another manifestation of your kind, dear fool.

I love it when to talk sweet to me.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:18 pm

maryshelley wrote:

Indeed, I just cannot help expressing my opinion when I see hypocrisy in one who so enjoys to point out the hypocrisy of others. The results are debatable.
yes, and your declarations are a good argument.

Quote :
Hmm yes did you defeat something already? And shouting 'idiot' makes you feel oh so powerful? The cops do it all the time, as they beat you. Torturers as well. Should I clap now?
Should I lie?
YOU are an idiot...how can I ignore that?

Quote :
I prefer an 'honest opinion'. I just know there is no such thing......but do keep deluding yourself that YOU are in possession of one.

I assume by deleting content and banning some people are expressing their honest opinion on particular views. Or they just can't handle your views so they shout 'idiot'? Or beat you with a stick? Or hose you down with a fire hose? Is there a metaphor in here somewhere?

Quote :
Here's another one...you are another sock-puppet...and an idiot trying, once more, to make yourself visible to me.

Quote :
I prefer social graces. That is funny. You don't know how funny but I'll leave it there. No. I just don't find calling someone stupid; intelligent.
No, but it is honest.

Quote :
But that is my opinion! That you think my opinion is derivative and that yours is not suggests that you are as deluded as any of the saps you love to beat up on. And if you are indeed more intelligent than I. Well just keep shouting 'idiot' that should prove something.
The alternative is to beat my fist upon a wall.

I'm done wasting my time.

A stupid challenge deserves no serious or respectful response.

What should I call an adult child telling me what amounts to Santa Claus?

Quote :
Oh there goes satyr's mighty opinion again. Clunk.

Once fed an animal seeks comfort through sleep, social interaction or play.
Is that all, dear idiot?
Are these not needs?

Quote :
When afraid it prepares to defend itself and/or calls others to come to its aid. It does anything but seek comfort at that point because to seek comfort would end most likely in its death.
Thank you.

Quote :
And if I may mix my metaphors again; sheep have little to fear from an overfed lone wolf. And a little knowledge randomly applied can be a dangerous thing.
do they have anything to fear from an overfed, lone wolf with one eye and a limp?

Jeez, why don't you stack the deck and create a caricature that suits yuor needs, little girl?

Are wolves not social animals?

Quote :
So if you are going to attempt to use a metaphor intelligently make sure the metaphor is an appropriate fit. Or instead just try expressing your honest opinion.
I do beleive I used it quite appropriately...if you could not follow it, that is your problem.

A sheep is a sheep is a sheep is a sheep....*Yawn*
I'm getting sleepy.

Quote :
The illusion of comfort is what drives you to remain as dumb as you are. You inebriate yourself.
The hypocrite exposes herself.

Did I ever say anything about comfort being absolute or did I mention, about a thousand times now, that life is discomfort to varying levels?

You are my biatch!!!
you want me to rape you. You just don't know how to ask me without losing face.

Quote :
Inebriate - only once a year on boxing day when all the social interaction has become too much!
Discomfort is unavoidable satyr so one must learn to either live with it; or die. I'm not ready to die, yet. Are you?
Discomfort is what drives overcoming and progress and creativity and life and existence.

Thanks, little woman, for telling me what I've been saying for over two years now.

Maybe next you can "teach" me that there are no absolutes or that there's no center on the wheel.

I do think I'm done with this alias.

Soon I'll be withdrawing altogether from this forum...at least not participating quite as much as I used to.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:24 pm

Satyr wrote:
Soon I'll be withdrawing altogether from this forum...at least not participating quite as much as I used to.
Save your time and strength Satyr; there are no other challenges out there.

I looked already.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:40 pm

Faust wrote:
I have no opinion on my obtuseness, but I admit to being unwilling, if not unable, to broaden my mind just for the sake of broadening my mind. Just a value we do not share.
Whatever.

Quote :
I also have no opinion about whether I am perceived as good by most. You are certainly entitled to yours.
But you do have an opinion ion wishing to be perceived as 'good" or "nice" or personable and "funny".

Quote :
It's not based on philosophical priciples at all. I don't need philosophical principles for trivia.
And yet your need to be civil is based on philosophical principles, even if you may not admit to them or be aware of them.

Quote :
I did no such thing. But philosophy is a social endeavor.
There you go...is it a social endeavor or is it a personal one.

Lover of wisdom does not imply an orgy.
The self, the individual is the one that loves and seeks truth. The other aids him or hinders him or is apathetic towards him.

Quote :
Materialism is self-evident, but the assumption we make to found our philosophical positions are not important. We all have assumptions. Philosophy is about the arguments we make for our positions. We can have the positions themselves without philsophising.
The positions themselves are philosophical ones, since all positinos are positions of truth in reference to a reality.

Your self-evident materialism is a philosophical position.

Quote :
Absolutely none. Nor was any asked for.
Then why is it expected?

Quote :
How should I know? That assumption was not present in my statement.
You are now dancing about like a pretty ballerina.

Quote :
But the degree matters.
Yes...it is the only thing that matters because the absolute is non-existent...it is non-existence.

Quote :
Ifd there is no alternative, then you cannot be an alternative.
i am a reaction...a resistance.

Quote :
It's getting tiresome that we agree so much.
So, go back to your den of idiots and play fireman or detective or funny jester out for a quick witticism and a smirk.

I do not have a sense of humor.
That's what everyone that knows me says.
You people are fucked up!!!

Shit the debate will be hilarious. especially since the starting energy has fizzled into a humdrum whining and endless chatter.
Can't wait for the idiot Britney Smears to make his opening remarks...that will be funny.

Quote :
Like you, I have a congenital defect - English teeth. Can't help it.
What "defect" do I have?

No, wait...I'm cruel and uncivil and not willing to offer the benefit of the doubt or humor stupidity into a calm sense of community.

Quote :
Again, bolstering my case for taste.

I had hoped for more, but you have disappointed me in the past. I guess I'll just have to live with it.
Games people play.

Disappointing you or impressing you is the furthest thing from my mind.

Quote :
I can see that. I don't disagree. It's a loss to me and all your other fans. But what should I expect for free?
A sarcastic remark and a hot dog to ease the pain.

but i forgot that, as McMiserable reminded us all and taught us with such eloquent grace, that pain is all there is.

How well you tolerated that whining, specimen of failed civilization. He, despite being repetitive, annoying and simplistic, never mind the fact that he contributed nothing to your precious forum, was tolerated just fine by you and all.

He didn't remind you of your inadequacies but, reversely, made you feel better about them...that's why he will never, ever, be banned.
This pathetic loser can spend decades saying the same shit, groveling for attention and then turning on the ones that offer it to him, because he makes them feel better about who and what they pretend to be, and nothing will happen.

Why?
Because he is the other side of that nihilistic coin. A different variation of the same mediocrity.

What's the difference...an imbecile declaring over and over again that Jesus is his savior and all that beleive will go to heaven, or one that declares all is hell and death makes it all not worth it?
Same absolutist thinking, different focus or a different way of coping with existence.

Quote :
Then you are happy in your new home. I am happy for you.
Very much so.
Back to top Go down
Faust

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:47 pm

I do like to be funny.

You got me there.

But my need to be civil is not based on philosophy. My desire to enforce civility on ILP is simply a desire to perform the task that I agreed to perform when I signed up as mod. I am not always civil. I am mostly civil to you because I like you. It's a matter of context. It's boring to be the same in every context.

Philosophy is social if the philosopher expresses it. It's communication then, just like any other utterance.

Positions are philosophical only if we argue for them.

Else every claim is philosophy, which renders the word useless. If everything is philosophy, nothing is.

I don't expect anything from you. How you got that impression I do not know.

But thanks for calling me pretty. Again, you sweet-talk me.

You are a flirt.

But sure, I'll go back. It was nice chatting with you.

Get back to me on that mod thing. You know where to find me.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:02 pm

Faust wrote:
I do like to be funny.

You got me there.

But my need to be civil is not based on philosophy. My desire to enforce civility on ILP is simply a desire to perform the task that I agreed to perform when I signed up as mod. I am not always civil. I am mostly civil to you because I like you. It's a matter of context. It's boring to be the same in every context.
I know you like me...and that's what makes your participation in the machine that banished me all the more normal.

Quote :
Else every claim is philosophy, which renders the word useless. If everything is philosophy, nothing is.
You are wrong.
Everyone has a philosophical outlook, whether this is a result of personal efforts or it is adopted from peers or authorities from childhood.
This is why i disagree with amoralists, to some extent.

I think all have a moral fiber, based on group dynamics as simple as those between a herd or, even more primitive, based on the simple "good/bad" of primal conscious discrimiantion.
You see, for me, nothing is just invented out of thin air or is unique. All inventions and innovations are based on previous thuoghts or systems or ideals. The commonplace is take and then amalgamated into soemthing new.

The difference in the term philosophy and morality is one of degree, again, and in intent.

Quote :
I don't expect anything from you. How you got that impression I do not know.

But thanks for calling me pretty. Again, you sweet-talk me.

You are a flirt.
Only if I think I have a chance.

Quote :
But sure, I'll go back. It was nice chatting with you.

Get back to me on that mod thing. You know where to find me.
What 'mod thing', I thought you turned it down.
Besides it's not my call.
Back to top Go down
Faust

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Well, about that banning - we were really only giving you what you wanted. It's just one message board site, with its rules and regulations. Which you knew. You even stated that you would be playing for a while until you got banned. In fact, very few banned members are surprised by their banning.

But to say that everyone has a philosophical outlook is sort of like saying that atheism is a religion. It is if you think it is.

I also think it would inflate the importance of, say, a message board site to say that its rules are moral, any more than the rules of hopscotch are moral. They are only rules.

And I do understand the objection to rules. But no one at ILP thinks the rules of the site should apply to any other site, much less to all of humanity.

Look - I can't make you follow the rules - I can only express my disappointment that we have lost an intelligent and witty poster because he has decided that a show of rhetorical strength is his highest value as a member. Anyone can be a wiseguy on the internet. Very small potatoes.

I saw the thread here where SS opined that your fatal step was to post a link to this site. But the link has not been removed - I use it myself to navigate to here. Shit - if it brings you some traffic, all to the good. I can only speak for myself, but I don't care what you post here - I only care what you post on ILP. This is not morality.

I see the comments that you are somehow "too dangerous" to be allowed on ILP. This is laughable. Like any place of business, we want a certain ambiance. That's really all there is to it. Ambiance. Not morality, not safety, not the protection of the herd.

I almost wish I could post the staff discussions here. Those of you who think that you are somehow dangerous - that you are that important, are just plain wrong.

It's just ambiance. And that's the way the world is.

But you have a cozy little place here.

Then again, that's a depraved man talking.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:02 pm

Faust wrote:
Well, about that banning - we were really only giving you what you wanted. It's just one message board site, with its rules and regulations. Which you knew. You even stated that you would be playing for a while until you got banned. In fact, very few banned members are surprised by their banning.

But to say that everyone has a philosophical outlook is sort of like saying that atheism is a religion. It is if you think it is.
Then you cannot follow the roots to how ideas evolve.

Quote :
I also think it would inflate the importance of, say, a message board site to say that its rules are moral, any more than the rules of hopscotch are moral. They are only rules.
Morals are rules of behavior/thinking imposed upon the individual by the majority.

Quote :
I saw the thread here where SS opined that your fatal step was to post a link to this site. But the link has not been removed - I use it myself to navigate to here. Shit - if it brings you some traffic, all to the good. I can only speak for myself, but I don't care what you post here - I only care what you post on ILP. This is not morality.
If you cannot see how morality is group think imposed upon the individual, then i cannot aid you further.

Morality is simply the will of the many or of the group imposing itself upon the will of the one.

the act of banishment, no matter how you sugarcoat it, is a moralistic act based on moralistic principles.

Quote :
I see the comments that you are somehow "too dangerous" to be allowed on ILP. This is laughable. Like any place of business, we want a certain ambiance. That's really all there is to it. Ambiance. Not morality, not safety, not the protection of the herd.
Not dangerous to the herd, per se, but to the individual moron being aprt of the herd.

Outside the herd, separated from it, it becoems vulnerable and unable to deal with the danger.
It's basic natural selection.

You still can't understand or accept how your role there is that of protector of those that cannot defend themselves agaisnt a challenge or who lack the ability to defend their opinions because they are not their own opinions but are the opinions they've adopted and that are dependent on external support.

Quote :
I almost wish I could post the staff discussions here. Those of you who think that you are somehow dangerous - that you are that important, are just plain wrong.
I wish you could, also, because I guarantee you more was going on than you were aware of.

Words are cheap, actions are more expensive and so they are more honest.
I can tell someone I love them with ease, but I will have trouble backing this assertion up with actions if I do not actually feel it.

People always pay lip-service to their chosen ideal, especially in public, while they rarely live up to them or act in accordance with them, especially in private.

So, what you think was being said in these closed sessions and what actual motives lay behind them, are two different things.

Quote :
"Ambiance"? Oh jeez, this is so precious.
is that your preferred word to replace morality or milieu or cohesion?

If your ambiance demands that the weak and the stupid should be spoiled more than what they already are, by humoring their simplicities and by pretending that they deserve to heard, no matter how stupid and absurd their positions are, then welcome to the desert of the real, dear fool.

You are, like in the movie The Matrix, a mindless agent...powerful within the matrix but irrelevant outside it.

Could not these fictitious, metaphorical, movie figures not defend their role as being the protectors of ambiance?

I watch your ambiance and you know what? It ain't that groovy, maaaaan.

If your idea of ambiance is a room full of toddlers fighting over who gets to play with the Legos while we sit around smiling at how cute they are and pretending we are making pr9ogress, then you can have it.

I bet you get very, very, bored at times, even if you will not say it out loud.
It's not politically-correct and it will ruin the ambiance.

Shit, you think philosophy is about providing you with an environment that makes you feel safe and comfortable?
You have to fight for those, dude, using philosophical insights.
They are not provided to you, ready made.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:06 pm

Faust wrote:
I see the comments that you are somehow "too dangerous" to be allowed on ILP. This is laughable.
It is "laughable", because it exposes you for what you are. And you are deeply scared about this; it shakes you that another knows you so well.

Faust wrote:
Like any place of business, we want a certain ambiance.
..."place of business", yes, you are correct. -- that is what ILP is all about: business, the status quo.

That, my friend, is not "philosophy".

Faust wrote:
That's really all there is to it. Ambiance. Not morality, not safety, not the protection of the herd.
Disassociation tactic.

Denial.

Faust wrote:
I almost wish I could post the staff discussions here.
Empty threat.

False sense of superiority.

Faust wrote:
Those of you who think that you are somehow dangerous - that you are that important, are just plain wrong.
Presumptuously Hypocritical.

And I know for a fact that I am dangerous, and you know it as well Faust.

There is no other reason to ban somebody except by how they threaten social cohesion; you cannot reasonably argue with me.

Faust wrote:
Downplay.

You then assert you know the way of the world too ... presumptuous indeed.

Faust wrote:
But you have a cozy little place here.

Then again, that's a depraved man talking.
Downplay.

Diversion & misdirection.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:19 pm

And, by the way, I would very much enjoy to take this opportunity to express my disappointment with ILP...

I love philosophy!? What a joke!

You do not love philosophy ... at all. The entire website is a scam. I loooooooooooove philosophy???

Disappointment, that is all I have.
Back to top Go down
Faust

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:44 pm

Neither of you seem to be able to tell the difference between a website and philosophy.

That's a problem.

Unreasonable - I would like you better if you stopped groveling.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:49 pm

Faust wrote:
Neither of you seem to be able to tell the difference between a website and philosophy.

That's a problem.
Spoken like a true hypocrite.

Faust wrote:
Unreasonable - I would like you better if you stopped groveling.
Faust - I would like you better if you stopped your hypocrisy.

In due time, you will get your wish. The question is whether you will extend me the same courtesy. -- that would be something.
Back to top Go down
creasy
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 75

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Unreasonable,
you focused on the idea of being dangerous, but I notice you did not mention 'important'. Some jerk can come into my party and pee on the carpet and it can be seen as dangerous to the mood of the party, but it does not make his peeing important. I don't think most of the posts here or in ILP are very important. Though some are more intelligent that others, not a lot of new ground is being opened up. To see your rejection from ILP as an indication of your importance or the importance of your ideas is really pretty silly.
Satyr,
you tend to get banned from sites because you use ad homs regularly and higher than average % of each of your posts is focused on positioning yourself as more intelligent than the people you are arguing/discussing with. Ad homs and implications rather than a consistent focus on the issue at hand and the various posts.

Perhaps it is wrong to try to cut down on ad homs and the kind of dominance behavior you enjoy, but none of that makes your ideas interesting or means that people who banned you were somehow afraid of your genius or really that there is anything new or interesting in what you say.

Both of you,
try going back and avoid ad homs and telling people how smart and interesting and radical your ideas are and how free your minds are, as opposed to theirs. Just lay out your philosophies and see if you get banned.

But if it is really key that you want others to know you are better than them, well you've found a nice home where you can tell each other that.

By the way, a thread where each of you lists the ideas you have that you think are unique might provide some back up for your victim martyr stances.
Oh, and that is how it comes off...
like you each think you are victims. The ubermensches being held down by the sheep.

and yes, if some asshole comes to a party at my house and pisses on my carpet, I'll ban him from my house. And if he tells me it was performance art and really deep, I'll show him the clippings of other performance 'artists' who have done the same damn thing. Yawn and the ban still holds.

Last edited by creasy on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Depraved mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Depraved mod
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Guest Forum-
Jump to: