Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Depraved mod

Go down 
+4
maryshelley
Satyr
Unreasonable
Taras
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Depraved mod - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:30 am

Faust wrote:
Yes, sir. Philosophy is more than a hobby. Posting on message board is not.
But what is delightful about BBS is that you can have your errors pointed out; (or ridiculed). And it is by mistakes that we learn. Those who make the most mistakes...
Back to top Go down
Ingenium

PostSubject: Note to Faust   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:34 pm

You certainly like to apply your own special context to things, don't you, Faust?

Since Satyr resides here now AND since I don't have to join this forum to be a one-time 'guest'...AND because you decided to come here and characterize to him the contents of a private PM I sent to you...then I'm going to respond here, rather than to yet another PM from you sitting in my ILP Inbox. Might as well head it off at the pass if it's going to end up being discussed over here anyway, right?

My original PM to you on the matter wasn't about Satyr; it instead questioned why a thread with posts of mine in it had been removed. To which you responded something like 'well, Satyr misbehaved, the thread had to go and it didn't make sense to keep your part'. When I commented in return that I'd put some time into those posts but I guess it's always about Satyr, isn't it?, you responded something along the lines of 'well, why do you bother interacting with him, anyway, is it really worthwhile?' and 'you can always go find him at his new forum if you need to'. (And, by golly, you even led the way!) Then you posted here, for reasons known only to you, that the PM I'd written to you about banning Satyr indicated that I 'miss him'. Not what that PM actually indicated, which was that I considered his banning to be a dumbassed overreaction by ILP moderators. I guess that meaning just has to derived from reading between the lines of your statement "Ingenium ripped me a new asshole", though.

And, after chastising me for not 'discussing' it with you but rather sending you a 'diatribe', you then noted how you're 'glad I'm staying on', even though I'd never mentioned my going elsewhere. YOU did.

Your responses to me have continued to be patronizing, which is why I gotta laugh (albeit mirthlessly) when you respond back complaining about my attitude. That I, personally, missed Satyr's presence on ILP is something I can easily deal with and thus had no need to broadcast to anyone. It's just how it is. As I said, my PM to you was not about that, but instead was a response to your question about why I interact with him. And, along those same lines, it was about my opinion of the choice to ban someone who, yes, has an obnoxious and impatient temperament, but also has the redeeming quality of being an adept and uncompromising thinker which, IMO, adqeuately offsets how much of a PITA he can be at times. You disagree...apparently because you take a forum moderator's view that the peace and luv must be maintained and that Satyr simply doesn't work within the confines of whatever the determined necessary degree of ILP peace is -- even after he's relegated to a basement forum in order to be contained to the degree it gives y'all comfort.

So I think you overreacted and the forum lost a superior contributor, although I got another PM from you today informing me that he's back under another name. Perhaps you sent it to be the Good Guy and help mend my broken heart? Crying or Very sad Oh, wait...it still was snotty, so that must not be the reason. Whatever. You da man, after all. I'm not into participating in a snottiness contest with you, so will concede that you win and may pin the gold star to your chest. Or, alternatively, shov...oh never mind, it's not worth it.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:40 pm

Oh she-it!
Back to top Go down
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:25 am

Well, that's ironic. I was only kidding when I said you missed him - I had no idea it was actually true.

I also offered to send you your posts, which you could have re-posted if you wanted. I don't know what's patronising about that.

Oh well, another popularity contest lost.
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:20 am

Faust wrote:
I also offered to send you your posts, which you could have re-posted if you wanted.

Will you send me mine too? One in particular. Art and Hentai.

Don't worry Faust, I still like you. I was wondering too, how do you get water out on Walden, just from the lake? Can you shoot deer? Do you have any sheep? (Real sheep, not metaphorical), I hear they are better than cows or goats. Do you have a garden? How do you get internet? Don't you get crazy out there in that cabin in the winter?
Back to top Go down
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:36 pm

Ivan - I will be happy to send it to you. I assume I can PM here, even as a guest?

And we use bottled water - limousine liberals. We can only shoot deer in November (that's my story and I'm sticking to it), and there are no sheep. "Garden" is a relative term. We do cultivate certain plants, but we prefer to grow them singly in secluded areas - to avoid that nasty aerial surveillance. We use WiFi repeaters for the internet, and we don;t blame winetr for making us crazy.
Back to top Go down
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:37 pm

It looks like I can't PM.

Let's see - I can't remember your latest nicks at ILP. Acacia?
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:25 pm

You must use bottled water, or lake and ground water is very hard or something like this? Those game rules are obnoxious; you may have one per season? That's tyrannical; I'm glad I'm not a Red Indian or I'd be up in arms; but they get a little more freedom -- at least with respect to hunting than the occupiers I think? (I'm not too worried about secluded gardening, but more power to you.) But there must be fish? No sheep, hmm. Rabbits are easy too, and much quieter than roosters. Oh, do you have a goose infestation out there? I just googled "WiFi repeaters," is that common throughout the world or just in Walden, maybe you don't know? I'm getting interested in this sort of life, but I'm very ignorant about how people get along in the country-side. As you're on these BBSs I suppose you don't spend your evenings knitting, but it must get boring sometimes?

Last edited by Ivan on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:34 pm

I think we already have a pretty good handle on the banned members who are not really banned.

You can usually get a buck and two or three does, I think. I don't hunt deer. They wander around all over the place here - it just doesn't seem like much of a challenge.

There are fish. My favorite is to fish for smelts, because it requires minimal gear and because I love to eat them.

I have no idea what a WiFi repeater is. I was kidding. I even have cable television out here. I am planning to move to Portland, Maine, this summer. It's got many of the amenities of a city - a passable art museum, a professional but not great symphony orchestra - and it's still only an hour and a half from Boston, near which I grew up. We have automobiles here - they transport us. I could even drive to Walden Pond in about the same time. I have been there. It's nothing special.

I was kidding about the water, too. Most Mainers use wells.

Anyway, there is not all that much to do here, but those cars get us to places where there is.

I'll try to find that post.
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:42 pm

Thank-you kindly.
______

Quote :
They wander around all over the place here - it just doesn't seem like much of a challenge.
If 'you' have to go chasing them all over the woods 'you' don't feel so bad about it?
Back to top Go down
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:20 am

Quote :
If 'you' have to go chasing them all over the woods 'you' don't feel so bad about it?

I don't feel bad about it at all. What gave you that impression?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male
Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:19 am

Faust wrote:
Well, that's ironic. I was only kidding when I said you missed him - I had no idea it was actually true.
You are a perfect example of the little mind-games females and effeminate males, like you, play.

Some of us know, and you and your kind can intuit, the relationship between male demeanor and female attraction, and you choose to expose it, as if by ignorant innocence, and show yourself as the 'clever one'.
You seek attention.

This is why you, and Tab, are so cute.
The innocence and boyish charm of a child blindly acting without knowing how or why...and being excused for all its indiscretions because of it.

Look at the Blank State's recent contribution to the ongoing debate fiasco.

A self-deprecating text, that does not say much, but maintains the diplomatic humility of one forced to speak as if he knew what he was talking about and forced to act as if his position is superior than the opposition's...and then apologizing about it, a few times, so as to let the reader know that it's all just for show and that he is truly sorry he must go that far for the purposes of debate.

He never showed any conviction before and now, that he is forced to, he feels like he's being exposed or that he is being forced to compromise his position, his persona. A likable man-child that prefers to be liked, by the majority, than ever saying anything honest.

When cornered he might resort to humor to be defensive or aggressive, while maintaining plausible deniability.

Quote :
I also offered to send you your posts, which you could have re-posted if you wanted. I don't know what's patronising about that.

And behind that attempt to avoid responsibilities for your own actions and explain why you risked your reputation or any trust you had with her for the purposes of making yourself relevant, you admit, even if under the pretense of jest, that popularity is your main concern.

That's what makes you such an idiot.

In a room of such back-slapping, I repeat, anyone that dares question the bullshit going on, and risks ruining the party, must be ill or drunk...even if he's the most sober one there and, perhaps, the most healthy one.

Anyone that goes on-line, to a philosophy forum, no less, to indulge in the same social bullshit he can in his immediate environment is either exposing that he has no immediate environment or he wishes to mask socializing behind the mask of intellectual discourse or that he naively assumes that reality and happiness are tautologies.

Last edited by Satyr on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:17 pm

I'll get back to you on this. Every time I try to read your post, my eyes glaze over. I must need new glasses or something.

I did manage to get through the first sentence.

I really think that one drunken weekend in Key West is not enough to make me "effeminate".

And how did you hear about that, anyway?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Faust wrote:
I'll get back to you on this. Every time I try to read your post, my eyes glaze over. I must need new glasses or something.

I did manage to get through the first sentence.

I really think that one drunken weekend in Key West is not enough to make me "effeminate".

And how did you hear about that, anyway?
An insult followed by something cute...your operating style.

Want me to imitate you?
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:22 am

Ahh, darn still no popcorn eating emoticon,,,,,,,, it would be so apropriate right now.... while you all are looking for it,, throw in a beer drinking one too,,, pretty please. drunken the drunken one just does not quite fit the bill Laughing
Back to top Go down
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:46 am

It's a rerun, Kris.

Ham and eggs would be more appropriate, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:50 am

Faust wrote:
It's a rerun, Kris.

Ham and eggs would be more appropriate, anyway.
Then why do you come here?

Have the reruns of bullshit and crap, served up in your forum, become distasteful for you or do you find their nutritional value questionable and the servers robotic?
Back to top Go down
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:47 pm

I actually forgot why I first came here. But you know what happens - you get yakkin' with an old friend, and the time just flies.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Faust wrote:
I actually forgot why I first came here. But you know what happens - you get yakkin' with an old friend, and the time just flies.
What I really actually know is that most human beings are rarely aware of their own motives or why they do the things they do.

I've made it my life's mission to know more about their motives than they do...and you, my simpleton friend, are a very simple and, for that reason, predictable, case.

There's an impulse there, you cannot fully comprehend and so you choose to attribute to self-flattering motives.

You wish to preserve your well-being, your comfortable delusions, but you intuit that you must do so by going beyond tour comfort zones sop as to preserve a longer term well-being.
You want to avoid suffering but, deep down inside, you know that you must suffer to avoid greater suffering in the long-term.

You sense this and so you are attracted, despite yourself, to anything that you instinctively feel promises this.

THAT, you simpleton, is why you come here, despite your better judgment.
Otherwise, you imbecile, you would be back there, amongst your sheep friends, exchanging formalities, and the usual social graciousness that makes you feel content and safe.

You know, in your heart, that it is you and your kind that are drunk and ill...and that is why you are all so carefree and so joyously aloof and dismissive to anything that disturbs your adolescent party.

Time to grow up, you pathetic child....or remain as you are.
Be sure that the system wants you as you are and will protect you from anything threatening.

Did not your forum cast me out?
Why did it not cast out Macmiserable or the child Unreasonable?
Because their childishness makes them salvageable and so not as disturbing. They can be humored and many of your kind can patronize them as a way of expressing arrogance and ego without actually having to do it as overtly as I did.

That's what makes you folk simple and predictable.
Back to top Go down
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:45 pm

Man, I'm lookin' good with this black background.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Depraved mod   Depraved mod - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Depraved mod
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Guest Forum-
Jump to: