Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.

Go down 
+3
creasy
Ivan
The Fool
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:02 pm

Found it!

This is the other side of 'What I teach' in The Seven Lesson School Teacher,

'Who I teach',

"1. The children I teach are indifferent to the adult world. This defies the experience of thousands of years. A close study of what big people were up to was always the most exciting occupation of youth, but nobody wants children to grow up these days, least of all the children; and who can blame them? Toys are us.

2. The children I teach have almost no curiosity, and what little they do have is transitory. They cannot concentrate for very long, even on things they choose to do. Can you see a connection between the bells ringing again and again to change classes and this phenomenon of evanescent attention?

3. The children I teach have a poor sense of the future, of how tomorrow is inextricably linked to today. As I said before, they live in a continuous present, the exact moment they are in is the boundary of their consciousness.

4. The children I teach are a-historical; they have no sense of how the past has predestinated their own present, limiting their choices, shaping their values and lives.

5. The children I teach are cruel to each other; they lack compassion for misfortune; they laugh at weakness; they have contempt for people whose need for help shows too plainly.

6. The children I teach are uneasy with intimacy or candor. They cannot deal with genuine intimacy because of a lifelong habit of preserving a secret inner self inside a larger outer personality made up of artificial bits and pieces of behavior borrowed from television or acquired to manipulate teachers. Because they are not who they represent themselves to be, the disguise wears thin in the presence of intimacy; so intimate relationships have to be avoided.

7. The children I teach are materialistic, following the lead of schoolteachers who materialistically "grade everything" and television mentors who offer everything in the world for sale.

8. The children I teach are dependent, passive, and timid in the presence of new challenges. This timidity is surface bravado, or by an frequently masked by anger or aggressiveness, but underneath is a vacuum without fortitude."

John Taylor Gatto
THE PSYCHOPATHIC SCHOOL

http://www.spinninglobe.net/jtgpsychosch.htm

See also here for more related links and discussion.
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Juvenile Delinquency - Who is Responsible?   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:24 pm

Canada is introducing a law that makes parents responsible for juvenile infractions.

One can say that the buck stops with the parents.
But the State also bears responsibility.

The problem here is that most parents are themselves the product of a dysfunctional upbringing by parents who were also the product of a dysfunctional upbringing......
The problem goes all the way back to the start of the industrial revolution, when people came off the farms and congregated in cities.
That move broke up the family unit.
The parents ended up on the mass production lines
The kids were stuffed into crowded classrooms and indoctrinated to chase after the buck.
Family values went out the window

So now we are left with Catch 22.
The school cannot evoke creativity
The parent who is the natural teacher does not know how to teach
In fact parents don't know how to parent.

If you cram young minds into a classroom for six hours a day for twelve years and systematically spoon-feed them with a preset curriculum of text book analysis, you are engaged in an unnatural form of extreme mental indoctrination. You throttle intuitive inspiration and end up with a largely robotic population not fit for much more than manning the mass production lines. They can be easily manipulated to engage in deadly wars, both holy and otherwise.

I broke the brain-washing cycle second time round.
I said to hell with the child education system, retired to the desert on a tiny income and devised my own home-school curriculum. One that put family values and personal ethics first and let academics look after itself.

It has worked perfectly.
I have eight kids.
They are all academically self-tutored
I gave then oral instruction up to puberty and then left them to educate themselves
All have graduated as A grade scholars
Their personal integrity is 100%
Not one black sheep
I have never had a sleepless night.

Solution for the state.
Reestablish the family unit
Support both parents in the home
Disdain early script based indoctrination
Let them play and discover themselves first
Concentrate on evoking the inner ethic of personal excellence.
It can be awakened by puberty
Once that inner ethic is excited you have a self-policed student, eager to learn more.
They are forced to excel within themselves
A week of basic kindergarten grammar and arithmetic instruction
is all that is necessary from the parent
they pedal off by themselves thereafter
and master twelve years of texts inside three years
with just one hour a day hitting the books

We have to radically alter the mass education system
Let the parents do the teaching
Let the kids stay at home

The industrial revolution is over
Machines can man the production lines
Developing nations need production lines
that our out-sourcing brings them

That solves the unemployment problem
Gives graduates a secure spot on the work place
and make that work focus on planet management
not mickey mouse corporate goals
That helps foreign relations

It also puts and end to office romances and adultery
Brings down the divorce rate
Its win/win/win
Especially for the kids

The source of national power
is sound family values
The source of national wealth
is creative graduates

The waste of national power
is endless policing

Teach the kids ethics
THAT is the source of creative intelligence

That is the REAL value of the GNP.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:17 pm

MagnetMan wrote:
Where'd that come from MM? Question

It seems random.
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

PostSubject: Re: Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:27 pm

MagnetMan wrote:
The problem here is that most parents are themselves the product of a dysfunctional upbringing by parents who were also the product of a dysfunctional upbringing......
The problem goes all the way back to the start of the industrial revolution, when people came off the farms and congregated in cities.
What if it goes back to the Agricultural Revolution?

Quote :
The kids were stuffed into crowded classrooms and indoctrinated to chase after the buck.
Family values went out the window
This happened in Sparta too. And weren't the Indians the grand masters of this game?

But can't an old dog learn new tricks?

Quote :
I broke the brain-washing cycle second time round.
I said to hell with the child education system, retired to the desert on a tiny income and devised my own home-school curriculum. One that put family values and personal ethics first and let academics look after itself.
Have you found any resistance from the central authorities?

Quote :
I have eight kids.
Students? Biological children? Internet memes?

Quote :
Not one black sheep
Isn't this geneticlly determined; can you teach a sheep to be white?

Quote :
Solution for the state.
Reestablish the family unit
After fighting so long to destroy it?

Quote :
Disdain early script based indoctrination
Don't autistic sorts like script best?

Quote :
It can be awakened by puberty
Not beore?

Quote :
Once that inner ethic is excited you have a self-policed student, eager to learn more.
A taste of sarcasm?

Quote :
?

Quote :
A week of basic kindergarten grammar and arithmetic instruction
is all that is necessary from the parent
they pedal off by themselves thereafter
and master twelve years of texts inside three years
with just one hour a day hitting the books
That's
a nice
poem.

But don't these kids grow up with retarded social skills?

Quote :
That solves the unemployment problem
Gives graduates a secure spot on the work place
and make that work focus on planet management
not mickey mouse corporate goals
That helps foreign relations
How? Do home-school teachers eat books or something? The central authority ought to pay these teachers, no?

Quote :
Brings down the divorce rate
Its win/win/win
Especially for the kids
Maybe it was the formation of families (at the agricultural revolution) that led to all this?

Quote :
The source of national power
is sound family values
The source of national wealth
is creative graduates
Which nation is that, the kingdom of God?

Quote :
The waste of national power
is endless policing
Do the students pledge allegiance to the state, but not to the other corporations?
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

PostSubject: Re: Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:42 pm

MagnetMan wrote:

Quote :
Where'd that come from MM? Question

It seems random.

Married women get hit on in the office hourly, specially by their bosses. They should be back home educating their kids. Their husbands should be home too. You can't parent from a commercial office. The state is trying to get their cake and eat it too.

Serge wrote:
MagnetMan wrote:
What if it goes back to the Agricultural Revolution?

There was no parenting problem in the Bronze Age. Kids stayed on the farm with their folks. At puberty they went through circumcision ordeals and made sound community commitments.

[quote='MM"]I have eight kids.[/quote]
Quote :
Students? Biological children? Internet memes?
Biological students.

mm wrote:
]Not one black sheep
Quote :
What does a black sheep gene look like?

MM wrote:
]Once that inner ethic is excited you have a self-policed student, eager to learn more.
Quote :
A taste of sarcasm?
A taste of sincerity is what happens.

Quote :
?

When you become conscious of the spirit within, there is no denying it's demand for the best that is in you.

Quote :

I have eight kids talking to each other and kidding each other all day long. How many people do you speak to at any given moment? Define retarded social skills
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

PostSubject: Re: Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:00 pm

MagnetMan wrote:
mm wrote:
]Not one black sheep
Quote :
What does a black sheep gene look like?

MM wrote:
]Once that inner ethic is excited you have a self-policed student, eager to learn more.
Quote :
A taste of sarcasm?
A taste of sincerity is what happens.

Quote :
?

When you become conscious of the spirit within, there is no denying it's demand for the best that is in you.

Quote :
I hope you're not the computer and HTML teacher?
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

PostSubject: Re: Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:09 pm

Serge wrote:

I hope you're not the computer and HTML teacher?

Nope just their dad. They are their own teachers. I have a hard enough time just keeping my own act together.
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

PostSubject: Re: Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:13 am

MM, have you experienced any resistance from the system?
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

PostSubject: Re: Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:30 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7861762.stm

Selfish adults 'damage childhood'

The report says children's lives are "more difficult than in the past"

The aggressive pursuit of personal success by adults is now the greatest threat to British children, a major independent report on childhood says.

It calls for a sea-change in social attitudes and policies to counter the damage done to children by society.
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

PostSubject: Re: Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:29 pm

Serge wrote:
MM, have you experienced any resistance from the system?
I would have if I had stayed in L.A. We escaped to a remote desert location in Nevada and trained the kids there for the past 15 years. They sent out home-school inspectors in the beginning. But we could see them coming from miles away, so they never caught us un-prepared. Then ten years ago, when our two oldest got the highest academic scores in the county, we have never seen hide nor hair of them since. We have since graduated two more with even higher scores. We have three still to go. The local school board knows we have far better students, but do not want tp know how we do it.
We did it by filing away the text books until each reached puberty. Then let them teach themselves from there onwards. 3 years later, with only 1 hour per day of study, they were ready for varsity. We have one in college right now. His SAT score in the top 15%

Quote :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7861762.stm

Selfish adults 'damage childhood'

The report says children's lives are "more difficult than in the past"

The aggressive pursuit of personal success by adults is now the greatest threat to British children, a major independent report on childhood says.

It calls for a sea-change in social attitudes and policies to counter the damage done to children by society.

Parental care and responsibility includes body/mind/soul encouragement and education.
The Heartsart home school program our foundation has developed allows parents with barely a high school education to graduate college students who also have a high ethical standard about personal excellence and community responsibilities.

None of our graduates want to work for money. They call themselves global stewards. So far the extent of their global responsibilities remains just here in our research station. On principle we do not apply for grants. The whole world is tired of money. We have never used any more of the dollar than just to keep the food and health on the table. We owe Uncle Sam a for all of it. And Uncle Sam owes the world a lot. So our research is free globally. The Heartsart program is on the internet Anybody is free to take any information they want and use it if they see its value. It is not free to anybody who wants to make money out of it. We will listen to reason and retain the right to change our policy if we are convinced that there is no other way to go in the short term.

In the long term
all of us
will once again be be safely back
in the home
enjoying the most important years of our life.
And never want to leave the family estate untended
for the sake of money alone

I am sure we all agree
That is a given.

Heartstart
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

PostSubject: Re: Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:06 pm

I have just been reading back over some of my previous correspondence on this thread,
Forgive me for repeating myself
I am writing far too much
mundane babble
for one man to do so
with precision

And I will state it now
precise is what this place seems to be so
I like the layout
and bumping into strangers

Of course you also realize
that I have compromised myself
and the future lives of all my many children
with the serious consquences of defying state laws
and experimenting with children
so mum is the word
for the time being
on all personal stuff
becoming public stuff

Last edited by MagnetMan on Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Your stewardship sounds tempting to join MM.

But I have 30k in debt to pay off and military establishments that I need to assimilate into, me thinks.
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

PostSubject: Re: Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:25 pm

MagnetMan wrote:
I have just been reading back over some of my previous correspondence on this thread,
Forgive me for repeating myself
I am writing far too much
mundane babble
for one man to do so
with precision

And I will state it now
precise is what this place seems to be so
I like the layout
and bumping into strangers

Of course you also realize
that I have compromised myself
and the future lives of all my many children
with the serious consequences of defying state laws
and experimenting with children
so mum is the word
for the time being
on all personal stuff
becoming public stuff
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

PostSubject: Re: Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
Your stewardship sounds tempting to join MM.

But I have 30k in debt to pay off and military establishments that I need to assimilate into, me thinks.

I dislike all talk about money
especially owed money

otherwise
you have my condolences
on your trials towards manhood
which arrives for all of us
at menopause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.   Segregation Society.  The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Segregation Society. The means of enforced inequality and prejudice within the education system.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2