Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.

Go down 
+7
Lucretia
Satyr
Alexi
deepthought
Unreasonable
SilentSoliloquy
The Fool
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:41 pm

No not religious at all, but I sure can take the good and throw away the crap. I have yet to find anything that is totally useless. Note: I did not mention people. Smile

Certain things are common sense in most religious doctrines. Most of the rest is indoctrination for those that need to follow rather than risk being seperate. that would be the crap part.

Just because the wrapper is inedible that does not mean you throw out the twinkie.
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:10 am

kriswest wrote:
Life is justified one way or another.
I change my answer from above. My loving another has nothing to do with it (this is the trap of egoism), by non-intervention (aka 'I don't give a shit') I respect the other even if I do not love them -- particularly that I do not love them. Still, it is hard to put words on it (hmm, I wonder why?), 'respect' in the last sentence is wrong, it should read more like 'forget.'
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:15 am

Ivan, why not respect that people love those that could be or are a burden to society? Love has a lot to do with how we treat each other. Respect for love is basic in morals and ethics
Back to top Go down
Lucretia
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Lucretia

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 am

kriswest wrote:
Life is justified one way or another. While I am considered an athiest there are certain religious thoughts that make sense such as: Let ye who is without sin cast the first stone, Judge others as you would be judged.
Now it seems to me that I would be a pretty crappy person if I had no compassion for weaker defensless creatures or humans. Take and not give is a pretty crappy way to live. To remove a life because it is not up to your standards of perfection is nothing more than animal survival instinct to keep the biggest share for yourself and let others die. That attitude sure does not sit well. Retarded and physically handicapped humans have a niche in society they do not drain they give. Those that wish to only keep for themselves are the ones that drain society of resources.
Folks that are not "good" physical or mental human specimans still provide if you care to look. those that wish to remove them are repulsed by these broken humans,, Why? Fear? Probably.

I am without the sin of retardation and so I am at liberty to cast stones. If I were mentally retarded I would want people to kill me. The mentally retarded give to the narcissistic mothers who raise them knowing they'll be a burden on the intellectual community around them because it pleases their maternal instincts to have a life long child. They are a significant tax burden when they could have been avoided in the first place.

Of course, this a moral argument, not a legal one. In a society we have to allow them to exist because the law would be on dangerous ground to say that any person is not at liberty to exist for their own sake. However, people who knowingly give birth to mentally retarded children are being incredibly selfish and foolhardy.
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:49 pm

So you see it as only mothers that love these children?
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:31 am

Lucretia wrote:
I am without the sin of retardation and so I am at liberty to cast stones.
You are also sinlessness. Your ultimate sin is seeing things materialistically. (Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.)

Quote :
...narcissistic....
Status is a counter-part of resourceism, it is the cash money, the face value of the bill.

Quote :
Of course, this a moral argument, not a legal one.
Au contraire!

Quote :
...people who knowingly give birth to mentally retarded children are being incredibly selfish and foolhardy.
Right, right.

(I would love to read your interpretation of Lucretia.)
______

kris wrote:
Ivan, why not respect that people love those that could be or are a burden to society? Love has a lot to do with how we treat each other. Respect for love is basic in morals and ethics
Love is the game.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:56 pm

*thread locked due to The Fool's departure*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: The Arena-
Jump to: