Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Extra Sensory Perception

Go down 
+7
Drone
Satyr
-Psychonaut
maryshelley
kriswest
Unreasonable
MagnetMan
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male
Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:06 pm

Drone wrote:
Satyr wrote:

What maddening effect you people have over me.
I am made helpless before your cutting wit and deep cuts of reasoning.

if you made a (huge) effort, you could be as smart as me at least study

but you don't try! scratch
I am! I am!! I AAAAAAM

Tell me, how can I ever reach the heights of intelligence, amongst your peers, you have?

Notify me next time you post something...it'll be brilliant, I'm sure.

Just as brilliant as this one.

Damn you!!!!
How you play with my emotions.

How can I pretend to be superior when you and others, have such an effect on me?
Back to top Go down
http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:16 pm

right, you're learning... Twisted Evil

we'll be good buddies from now on.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Drone wrote:
right, you're learning... Twisted Evil

we'll be good buddies from now on.
You promise?

I mean, I always said that you and I had soooo much in common.

bounce
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:47 pm

I don't know why but...suddenly...I'm getting some psychic information....Something is coming in....from the trans-dimensional rift in MagnetMan's anal cavity.....something about a Xev...is she here?!!!!

Is she watching?!!!
Yes.

And...and why am I sensing a Slovenia?
Maribor, Brezovica....or somehting and Wyoming....Why?... Why?...Wyoming?!!

The gates of hell have opened up and I am finally free of my anger!!!!

Or am I?
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:56 pm

Satyr wrote:

Wyoming....Why?... Why?...Wyoming?!!
Nope, nor Idaho
See!
your innate Esp skills are dull
Follow me
and I will show you how to open yr 3rd eye cyclops

I know you want to know thyself
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:59 pm

See how not in tune you are?

I wasn't talking to you, old fart.

Heal thyself, doctor!!!
Your "third-eye" is the one between your legs.

You've got just about as much extrasensory perception as you've got sense, and just about as much psychic abilities as you've got brains.

You, pathetic blind-in-all-three-eyes retard, are in IDAHO!!!

That much mindlessness can only come from the States.

I-da-ho
Who da ho?
I...da-ho?!

No you da ho!!!
Biatch!!!!
Back to top Go down
MаgnetMan
Unestablished Ideals
Unestablished Ideals
MаgnetMan

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:36 am

Satyr wrote:
No you da ho!!!
Biatch!!!!

Know how yet? It's ESP.
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:53 am

MаgnetMan wrote:
Satyr wrote:
No you da ho!!!
Biatch!!!!

Know how yet? It's ESP.

You flatter me
one who desires to be like me
an alter ego at long last
I never liked the satyr character much anyway
he was drowning
in a barrel of black molasses
Back to top Go down
MаgnetMan
Unestablished Ideals
Unestablished Ideals
MаgnetMan

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:58 am

MagnetMan wrote:

I never liked satyr much anyway
Well, I do like Satyr. Just I don't speak with him much as I don't really know what to say.

Satyr, did you figure out how yet?

Here is a hint:

a

а

Google each.

Сайт юмора, веселья и развлечения.

Fun right!?
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:08 pm

MаgnetMan wrote:
[
Well, I do like Satyr.
You must be some angel. Not even his mom likes him

Quote :
Just I don't speak with him much as I don't really know what to say.
You have my sympathy
It is difficult to understand him
he never knows what he is saying himself

[
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:14 pm

MagnetMan wrote:
MаgnetMan wrote:
[
Well, I do like Satyr.
You must be some angel. Not even his mom likes him
i hate that bitch!!!

Quote :
Quote :
Just I don't speak with him much as I don't really know what to say.
You have my sympathy
It is difficult to understand him
he never knows what he is saying himself
Now, now, retard, if you don't understand what I'm saying, that's only natural.
Genetics, old fart, genetics....not magic, not psychic powers, pure, genetics.

You were born to retard parents and so you are dumb as a do-do bird.
You need that mystical stuff to make yourself feel special and to make the world less complicated and threatening.
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Satyr wrote:

Genetics, old fart, genetics....not magic, not psychic powers, pure, genetics.

That is the title of my thesis Psyche-Genetics
Bout time you read it.
You'd be twice as smart
It proves that you can't have a body without a soul
and vise versa

One day
when the dust settles
it will make me immortal.
The first man to prove
that there is soul in the atom.
It'll make my ancestors proud
they will say
See!
its all in our genes
Back to top Go down
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
-Psychonaut

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:43 pm

Satyr, the claims of magnetman's that you refute do not truly require rebuttal, and you would be insane to think that there is any progress made by the act; the level of reasoning required to dismiss the claims is such that he can only have avoided it so far in his life by wilful intent. There is not even the good that comes from sharpening tools against such madness. The only tool that would truly work is electro-convulsive therapy, or any other form of torture.

There is only one productive reason to play with children and cripples and that is for their benefit, in gentle games that they can play along to. Why do you insist on playing rugby with them? Does it feel good for dwarves to walk as giants in the land of Lilliputians?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:54 am

I am quickly become aware that it is an exercise in futility.

Exposing their stupidity, served as a primary motive, but that is becoming not as rewarding as it used to be.

I guess I'm getting too old for such children...even the older ones.
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 2:55 pm

-Psychonaut wrote:
The only tool that would truly work is electro-convulsive therapy, or any other form of torture.

Says the man displaying a fortune-teller's card.
Must be just a coincidence. farao
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:56 pm

Good point.

Who can dispute the validity of your arguments?

Not I.

You have, certainly, taught me a good lesson.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
-Psychonaut

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:31 pm

Quote :
Must be just a coincidence.

The card holds symbolic, not supernatural, significance to me.
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:37 pm

-Psychonaut wrote:
Quote :
Must be just a coincidence.

The card holds symbolic, not supernatural, significance to me.
Define the difference
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:38 pm

This is pathetic.
Back to top Go down
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
-Psychonaut

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:49 pm

Quite simply, I do not hold the belief that Tarot can be used to predict the future, but I do like the symbolic meaning of the card.

In Tarot the Hanged Man represents a person who is obtaining another perspective on the World in order to obtain enlightenment (note the smile on his face and the halo). Specifically, the inverse Hanged Man is symbolic of the World being upside down while the man is the right way up.
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 8:59 am

-Psychonaut wrote:
Quite simply, I do not hold the belief that Tarot can be used to predict the future,

One day, just before leaving South Africa, I was rummaging through some drawers when I came upon a pack of unused post cards that I had bought some-time previously. There were six cards in the pack, all faced with a different sepia-tone drawings created by oriental artists. As I put my hand on the pack I was overcome by a strange sensation. I felt that I had fallen into some kind of spiraling time warp. The pack of cards felt infinitely heavy in my hands. I had a distinct premonition. For some unfathomable reason, I had a powerful inner sense that I was holding my own destiny in my hands. As the disconcerting spiral subsided, I turned to the cards and spent a long time studying each one of them, trying to decipher what each of the drawings was foretelling.

The first card showed a picture of the Buddha. He was surrounded by a shining halo and sitting re-splendid on a lotus throne.
The next was a black goat.
The third was a portrait of two geisha's sitting side by side.
The fourth was a drawing of a man dressed in silk robes lying under a tree out in the country; the caption beneath it (the only card with one) read “Nobleman retires to the county for a period of rest and contemplation.”
The fifth showed a single, younger, geisha girl.
The sixth and final card showed a religious procession of some sort, with a group of people carrying banners and circling a pagoda.

None of the cards made any clear sense to me at the time and over the following months and years as my life went on, the weird feeling that they told my life story gradually faded from my consciousness.

Here, briefly, follows the sequence of seemingly unrelated events that led me back to that deck of cards.

After a traumatic period of personal confrontation with the administrators South African Broadcasting Corporation, over their banning of an anti-apartheid production if mine, together with threats of house arrest from the Bureau of State Security hanging over my head, I felt forced to leave South Africa and seek my fortune abroad. After some time spent in the Middle East and Europe, I ended up, more or less moribund, in the Ojai Valley in California, not knowing which way to turn. Added the confusion of the direction my life was taking me, my second wife decided that she wanted me out of her life. I left America alone and went off to the Far East where I eventually landed a job as a television producer for Radio Television Hong Kong. For the next two years I produced, virtually single-handedly, a weekly magazine program entitle “Here in Hong Kong”. Though my program was rated at the most watched, eventually the sheer pressure of the Monday night, prime-time deadline took its toll and I ended up mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted. With some vague idea of seeking a retreat, I walked out of the producer’️s job in Hong Kong and caught a plane to Japan.

Upon arrival in Tokyo, for the first time in my life, I had a frightful moment of complete disorientation. I suddenly had no real idea of what I was doing, where I was going, or why I was ten thousand miles away from my place of birth. With every sign written only in Chinese characters and nobody speaking English, I did not know where to go next or whom to consult. I sat down on my suitcase for a good twenty minutes, desperately fighting off the panic attack. I managed to pull myself together and caught the bullet train to Kyoto.

By some stroke of fortune I met a Japanese girl who not only spoke English, but when I mentioned an interest in spending some time in retreat in a Zen monastery, she personally knew of one of the few monasteries in Japan which accepted the occasional geijin.

So it was that I spent a year in Hosshinji monastery, prostrating myself daily inside the meditation zendo, before a statue of a shining Buddha sitting on his lotus throne. At the end of that year, before my visa expired, I accepted ordination by the roshi, and was formally registered as a Buddhist minister at the Soto Zen headquarters in Eiheji,

And so it was, some five years after seeing it, that the first card in my private tarot pack fulfilled its prediction.
Since then the third, fourth and fifth cards have all exactly fulfilled their predictions.
I have seen the devil.
I became a polygamist for twenty years.
I have been retired to a large country estate now for fifteen years
I am now a monogamist.

Five coincidences
of course

I await only on the sixth.

Quote :
In Tarot the Hanged Man represents a person who is obtaining another perspective on the World in order to obtain enlightenment (note the smile on his face and the halo). Specifically, the inverse Hanged Man is symbolic of the World being upside down while the man is the right way up.

I see a godly man pilloried for his holy convictions.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 9:14 am

-Psychonaut wrote:
Quite simply, I do not hold the belief that Tarot can be used to predict the future, but I do like the symbolic meaning of the card.

That is somewhat amusing to me...

I had a very abstract dream within the last few months where I dug a hole upward from the center of the Earth. Though, the thing was, I felt like I was digging my way downward. I had no idea I was digging up. I was standing there right-side-up in my dream. So I keep digging downward at my feet until I finally broke through the bottom. And I see empty space full of stars below me, the Universe. It felt as though I had hit the bottom of my unconsciousness. I dropped through this hole and something unexplainable happened in my mind. I liken the experience to stepping through a mirror. Everything I knew was wrong; up was down. I did realize the full extent of this dream until some weeks after. This has confirmed many fears I have held since I was a very young child, many things concerning Reality & Actuality that I would rather not explain to anybody living today. Suffice to say, this was one of the most profound experiences of my life.
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 10:10 am

A touch off-topic, but this is my favorite tarot card, the lobster is creepy,

Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 36f77c3745fc
Back to top Go down
MagnetMan
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
MagnetMan

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:40 pm

Taras wrote:
A touch off-topic, but this is my favorite tarot card, the lobster is creepy,

Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 36f77c3745fc

Lobster or crab is Cancer
The wolf and the domestic dog I see as the evolution of culture
taming of our wild side
the element is water
the card appeals to the sub-conscious emotions
the moon is waning
the towers form a gateway to a far land

Last edited by MagnetMan on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
-Psychonaut

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:42 pm

Quote :
I await only on the sixth.

May it be soon in the coming Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra Sensory Perception   Extra Sensory Perception - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extra Sensory Perception
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Philosophy-
Jump to: