Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is your occupation?

Go down 
+11
The Valkyrier
Unreasonable
Hadji
Sonofgloin
Drone
Tor
maryshelley
SpeedOfSilence
Satyr
kriswest
The Fool
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male
Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2008-12-12

What is your occupation? Empty
PostSubject: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:26 am

Currently I'm a part time wage earner however I'm going back to school in January for about two months to get my CDL in which I plan to drive one of these as a career:

What is your occupation? Semi%20Truck

It is my hope that eventually over a period of time I can buy my own semi truck where I can be a independent contractor by making my own hours and choosing my own employers to work for in transporting.
Back to top Go down
https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 1:44 pm

Sweet rig,
I work out of my home taking care of the place , trying to make it pay for itself and doing odd jobs for our employer, I was recently informed I get to be a cat chauffeur this winter. Yippee skippee. A paid chauffeur for cats. Wonderful I will probably have to use my car too... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male
Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 1:44 pm

Profiler
Back to top Go down
http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
SpeedOfSilence
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
SpeedOfSilence

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:58 pm

The internet occupies my time right now. I'm waiting for a beautiful (rich) woman to sweep me off my feet.
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:29 am

Aren't we all?
Back to top Go down
SpeedOfSilence
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
SpeedOfSilence

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:35 pm

maryshelley wrote:
Aren't we all?

lesbian? maryshelley
Back to top Go down
Tor
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:56 pm

SpeedOfSilence wrote:
maryshelley wrote:
Aren't we all?

lesbian? maryshelley
My thoughts exactly... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tor
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:04 pm

Oh, and my current occupation is 'Social Butterfly' Wink but not through choice, but through boredom and neccessity...
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:13 pm

i work as a civil servant in a small city near São Paulo. Though it's not the job of m dreams, I cannot really complain, because it's relatively easy and the money is enough for me to take care of myself...
Back to top Go down
Sonofgloin
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Sonofgloin

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:12 pm

This is pretty cryptic but it's as close as I can come without disclosing personal information.

I am the pre cursor that people with money use to pave the way for further aquisitions to add to their wealth. I travell extensively, being away from home four months a year. It is in the mining industry so I spend a great deal of time in some remote corners of the third world. It's a living and I enjoy the feeling of discovery that I experience when I travel. It also gets me away from a load of offspring, this has saved my sanity to no small extent. So it is a vocation and a vacation at the same time. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hadji
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Hadji

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:59 pm

Sonofgloin wrote:
I travell extensively, being away from home four months a year. It is in the mining industry so I spend a great deal of time in some remote corners of the third world.
Rio Tinto. Or is your contract directly with the US military?
Back to top Go down
Sonofgloin
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Sonofgloin

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:39 pm

Hadji wrote:
Sonofgloin wrote:
I travell extensively, being away from home four months a year. It is in the mining industry so I spend a great deal of time in some remote corners of the third world.

H I have been contracted by a foreign govt agency for the last two years, and thats all I can say. Sounds a bit suspect, but believe me my role is mundane in the scheme of things and the only intrigue is about the money that the new venture will bring to investors and interested parties.
Back to top Go down
Hadji
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Hadji

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Sonofgloin wrote:
Hadji wrote:
Sonofgloin wrote:
H I have been contracted by a foreign govt agency for the last two years, and thats all I can say. Sounds a bit suspect, but believe me my role is mundane in the scheme of things and the only intrigue is about the money that the new venture will bring to investors and interested parties.
Chinese or Australian? Same I suppose.

It is profoundly unethical what you are doing. Don't get me wrong, I'm involved in something quite similar; an agent for the imperialist agressors and the NWO. But it's still wrong, I'm trying to find a way out, reduce my reliance on income ... get back to my village so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:55 pm

What is your estimation Hadji? -- diamonds, gold, oil, plutonium, etc.?
Back to top Go down
Hadji
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Hadji

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
What is your estimation Hadji? -- diamonds, gold, oil, plutonium, etc.?
re. sonofgolin? Gold, copper, zinc, iron, lead, tin, antimony, uranium... It depends on the contract and where the exploration is being done; Brazil, the out-back, Africa... It all ends up as iPods, rail-lines, and F-16s.
Back to top Go down
The Valkyrier
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
The Valkyrier

Male
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:42 pm

I'm a student. My game is the Behavioral sciences, which in the Swedish consists of Psychology, Sociology and Pedagogy. As my minor I have Aesthetics but that's just a load of crap. There is no such thing as a scientific aproach to art.
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:47 am

SpeedOfSilence wrote:
maryshelley wrote:
Aren't we all?

lesbian? maryshelley

What? Are you offering me one? Or suggesting it as a potential occupation? She better be rich either way.
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:49 am

Tor wrote:
SpeedOfSilence wrote:
maryshelley wrote:
Aren't we all?

lesbian? maryshelley
My thoughts exactly... Laughing

Fools seldom differ?

Lesbian? In your imaginations, perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:38 am

maryshelley wrote:

What? Are you offering me one? Or suggesting it as a potential occupation? She better be rich either way.

Maryshelley is back! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sonofgloin
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Sonofgloin

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Drone wrote:
maryshelley wrote:

M, If I may add a relevant and personal observation on homosexuality. I grew up in the inner city and was at ground zero in regard to the gay revolution of the 70's. I watched pubs and clubs go gay in my area of the inner city over a ten year period, initially the client base moved from criminals and prostitutes to gays. I then watched the ownership of the afore mentioned clubs and pubs turn gay, cementing the ongoing theme of a gay area into the future. Being a local lad the gay revolution impacted on the venues I grew up with and acceptance of this fact was not difficult or a culture shock to me as I grew up in the hippy era of acceptance of all things except the establishment.

But to this day I still shudder inside when I see an unatractive lesbian with a male hair cut, dressed in flanelette shirt and pants and attempting to be as masculine as they can be. Yet two fem lesbians bring no such feelings, homosexual males dressed in drag (trannys) bring no such feelings, macho or straight looking gays bring no such feelings. If I attempt to justify why I feel this way I find that the anti male sentiment and scorn from these masculine (more man than man) dykes openly display when you interact with them at it's base. I honestly do not hold any negative feelings to the gay culture or the individuals of that culture, in fact I see the gay society as a more honest and caring social set than the rest of society as a whole.

Having said this I still could projectile vomit over a masculine dyke that carries the afore mentioned attitudes. For me, the obvious exclusion and dismissal of me as an individual by these dykes because I am male generates an emotion close to anger.

So M if you choose to play lesbian pick a pretty fem girl, not an ugly, cold heartd, tatooed parody of a man.
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:30 am

Sonofgloin wrote:
Drone wrote:
maryshelley wrote:

M, If I may add a relevant and personal observation on homosexuality. I grew up in the inner city and was at ground zero in regard to the gay revolution of the 70's. I watched pubs and clubs go gay in my area of the inner city over a ten year period, initially the client base moved from criminals and prostitutes to gays. I then watched the ownership of the afore mentioned clubs and pubs turn gay, cementing the ongoing theme of a gay area into the future. Being a local lad the gay revolution impacted on the venues I grew up with and acceptance of this fact was not difficult or a culture shock to me as I grew up in the hippy era of acceptance of all things except the establishment.

But to this day I still shudder inside when I see an unatractive lesbian with a male hair cut, dressed in flanelette shirt and pants and attempting to be as masculine as they can be. Yet two fem lesbians bring no such feelings, homosexual males dressed in drag (trannys) bring no such feelings, macho or straight looking gays bring no such feelings. If I attempt to justify why I feel this way I find that the anti male sentiment and scorn from these masculine (more man than man) dykes openly display when you interact with them at it's base. I honestly do not hold any negative feelings to the gay culture or the individuals of that culture, in fact I see the gay society as a more honest and caring social set than the rest of society as a whole.

Having said this I still could projectile vomit over a masculine dyke that carries the afore mentioned attitudes. For me, the obvious exclusion and dismissal of me as an individual by these dykes because I am male generates an emotion close to anger.

So M if you choose to play lesbian pick a pretty fem girl, not an ugly, cold heartd, tatooed parody of a man.

Well SG I certainly hope there aren't any butch lesbians here as they are probably not feeling the 'warm atmosphere' created by the participants of this forum. But as they would be dodging bits of carrot from last night's dinner they probably wouldn't even have time to notice any atmosphere.

Perhaps you really ought to examine further why a butch dyke elicits 'an emotion close to anger' in you. You seem to think that certain people are 'bound' to act in a particular way according to your expectations of them. You obviously don't like being dismissed by a threatening woman (who looks suspiciously like a man) and nor do you appear to like hypocrisy which is fine, of course. Now just for a moment really hang on to that feeling that these dismissive dykes elicit in you and imagine, if you will, what a fair number of females might have felt in the face of a number of dismissive men. Two wrongs don't make a right but sometimes it is useful to feel the anger and let it lead you somewhere.

On a personal and relevant note; lipstick lesbians are not for me, I'm afraid. Butch with brains all the way for me. Rare finds though.
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:55 am

maryshelley wrote:
Perhaps you really ought to examine further why a butch dyke elicits 'an emotion close to anger' in you. You seem to think that certain people are 'bound' to act in a particular way according to your expectations of them. You obviously don't like being dismissed by a threatening woman (who looks suspiciously like a man) and nor do you appear to like hypocrisy which is fine, of course.

On a personal and relevant note; lipstick lesbians are not for me, I'm afraid. Butch with brains all the way for me. Rare finds though.
Very interesting. Thank-you for your sincerity.

To be honest, I also feel a little threatened around butch-dykes. And not so threatened around lady-boys. The act is more threatening than the reality?
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:10 am

Taras wrote:
maryshelley wrote:
Perhaps you really ought to examine further why a butch dyke elicits 'an emotion close to anger' in you. You seem to think that certain people are 'bound' to act in a particular way according to your expectations of them. You obviously don't like being dismissed by a threatening woman (who looks suspiciously like a man) and nor do you appear to like hypocrisy which is fine, of course.

Very interesting. Thank-you for your sincerity.

To be honest, I also feel a little threatened around butch-dykes. And not so threatened around lady-boys. The act is more threatening than the reality?

I don't think there was actually any mention of lady-boys unless you're inferring something....

No matter.

Folks should be careful around some of those lady-boys; they'd as soon knife you as look at you if they perceive a threat. Taken a right beating some of them have for what they are and what they are not; in the eyes of others. How can you blame them for learning how to defend themselves? Attack is the best defense; any war criminal would tell you that.

Acts can be as deceiving as looks, if deceit is your game.

Anyway. Lady-boy: Is that classed as an occupation or not?
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:23 am

There are a lot of people that are 'open-minded' about homosexuality, but can hardly stand the company (and even the sight) of a masculine lesbian or a feminine guy...

Fortunately, most of them (homos and lesbians) couldn't care less nowadays...live and let live.
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:09 am

Drone wrote:
There are a lot of people that are 'open-minded' about homosexuality, but can hardly stand the company (and even the sight) of a masculine lesbian or a feminine guy...

Fortunately, most of them (homos and lesbians) couldn't care less nowadays...live and let live.

Well the truth of the caring less depends where you live, doesn't it, my boy? I wouldn't go shouting about being a homo in certain parts of the world, if I were you.

You will find that claiming to be 'open-minded' and actually being open-minded are two distinct things that don't meet. People sometimes 'say' one thing and 'think' something entirely differently. Others have more of a 'Do as I say not as I do' kind of attitude. Don't you find? Satyr found that often and pointed it out.

We sometimes call it hypocrisy. And we are all guilty of it sometimes.

Go figure.

Homosexuality then; an occupation?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your occupation?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Conversation-
Jump to: