Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM Empty
PostSubject: FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM   FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Okay, apparently I cannot create a true free speech forum because of this HTML-version-forum. In other words, there is no way to self-moderate your own threads, ban, erase, delete each other, etc. in this format. I would continue with this format despite all of that, *HOWEVER*, everybody can view each other's IP addresses freely. This means that without restrictions, anybody can see where each other lives. And that is *NOT* a good idea when it comes to "free speech". Do you want to know why? Because "free speech" can get you killed. Trust me; I know it can. Therefore! ~ this TEST FORUM essentially-is a failure. I promote discussion but there is really no point to it here as of yet.

In the future, I plan to create a new kind of forum, if possible, that allows us to freely-moderate (and delete) everybody threads.
Back to top Go down
Bamberpanda
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM   FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 9:37 am

I’m interested in the free speech censoring of Dissident Philosophy, since Big Brother seems to be clamping down on internet freedom of expression at the moment. I’ve been bumped off Guardian Online, largely suppressed by Independent Comments, & now I cannot add comments to YouTube videos. I’m flattered I seem to matter, but then, Big Brother is a dumb beast who is never sure how strong we huddled masses are, or how influential each dissenting voice is. Anecdotally, I hear of other individual cases; worrying.
The top-down controllers of information flow have a systemic problem. It recurs throughout history. They stand on the top of their power pyramids (mass media) & shout their edicts. They forbid voices of criticism from below. So they cut off communications with the oppressed lower orders. Hence their eternal problem. They can never be sure just how popular/unpopular they are, or more accurately, just how secure their power control is.
Top-down systems are haunted by paranoia. That’s why they perennially declaim their unchallengeable permanence, becoz they also know the rubble of innumerable, similar regimes litter the course of history. Paranoia is a weapon they consciously use against dissidents, but they fear the growing network of tiny cracks that spread over their monolithic social structures – “Unesay lies the head that wears the crown”.
Stalin obsessively read even literature & poetry for signs of opposition. He terrorized music composers! In the USA, organic food growers have been raided by gun-toting state troopers. In the ‘Wizard of Oz’, Frank Baum was forced to bury deep his emblems of hatred for Wall Street’s banking gangsters.
Evil & anti-democratic forces are both monstrous, & pathetically trivial. The Wizard of Oz behind the curtain is finally revealed to be a weak midget, empowered only by the fear he inspires in e/body.
Back to top Go down
imp-pulse
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2013-03-10

PostSubject: Re: FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM   FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 am

Bamberpanda wrote:
I’m interested in the free speech censoring of Dissident Philosophy, since Big Brother seems to be clamping down on internet freedom of expression at the moment. I’ve been bumped off Guardian Online, largely suppressed by Independent Comments, & now I cannot add comments to YouTube videos. I’m flattered I seem to matter, but then, Big Brother is a dumb beast who is never sure how strong we huddled masses are, or how influential each dissenting voice is. Anecdotally, I hear of other individual cases; worrying.
The top-down controllers of information flow have a systemic problem. It recurs throughout history. They stand on the top of their power pyramids (mass media) & shout their edicts. They forbid voices of criticism from below. So they cut off communications with the oppressed lower orders. Hence their eternal problem. They can never be sure just how popular/unpopular they are, or more accurately, just how secure their power control is.
Top-down systems are haunted by paranoia. That’s why they perennially declaim their unchallengeable permanence, becoz they also know the rubble of innumerable, similar regimes litter the course of history. Paranoia is a weapon they consciously use against dissidents, but they fear the growing network of tiny cracks that spread over their monolithic social structures – “Unesay lies the head that wears the crown”.
Stalin obsessively read even literature & poetry for signs of opposition. He terrorized music composers! In the USA, organic food growers have been raided by gun-toting state troopers. In the ‘Wizard of Oz’, Frank Baum was forced to bury deep his emblems of hatred for Wall Street’s banking gangsters.
Evil & anti-democratic forces are both monstrous, & pathetically trivial. The Wizard of Oz behind the curtain is finally revealed to be a weak midget, empowered only by the fear he inspires in e/body.

sharks on the horizon anywhere, in synchronicity with this?

what sort of record-keepers are at work there?

Question

ah, please note also: New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.
Back to top Go down
Bamberpanda
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM   FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Eg., re pedophiles, it seems the US/UK mass media go after hi-profile but low-significance child abusers. The authorities are not interested in following the chain of evidence up the social scale, to the VIP level. The MSM discourages discussion of the whole topic. The international trade in adult & child sex victims is not s/thing they even acknowledge. Becoz our sub-bestial rulers are the beneficiaries of this free market supply of 'fresh meat'.

Meantime, 'pedophilia', 'sexism' & 'racism' are useful smear-words to shut down discussions our rulers find embarrassing. Dear me, we musn't give offence, must we?
Back to top Go down
imp-pulse
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2013-03-10

PostSubject: Re: FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM   FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 8:50 am

still @ testing?

FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM Smileys-golf-716981

what do we have here, sheep without heads?

FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM 2_golf10

is there really anyone not yet rounded up?

http://www.theworld.org/2013/08/matthew-bell/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=matthew-bell

FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM Smileys-golf-723808

\!!
Back to top Go down
mayflow
Unestablished Ideals
Unestablished Ideals

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-12-14

PostSubject: Re: FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM   FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 11:22 am

You should be able to do this. Go to the administration panel. Go to users and groups. Pick a username from the users and go to permissions. You can make them a mod of whatever forums you want to.

Now do that for who all you wish to, then ----

go again to users and groups. then special rights - there should be a drop down under IP display where you can choose whether only Admins or moderators too can view IP addresses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM   FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FREE SPEECH TEST FORUM
Page 1 of 1