Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disappointment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Disappointment   Disappointment I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:40 pm

I just wanted to make this question to everyone who might be interested in answering it...

have you ever felt that these 'philosophy' boards are a utter waste of your time?
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointment   Disappointment I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:54 pm

You came to this board expecting tea & crumpets Drone, a nice pat-on-the-back.

Welcome to the Real World, the Animal Kingdom. You got a knife in your back instead.

Grow up.

It is time for the Global Planet Earth to evolve into adulthood for the first time in Human History.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointment   Disappointment I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:06 pm

for those who might be interested, I'm talking about all web philosophy boards , not this place specifically...
Back to top Go down
Tor
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointment   Disappointment I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:59 pm

I post on ILP, and I am on here because I am being interviewed in the name of philosophy, and when that is over, I will be gone...

I have looked at other philo sites, but they have not apealed to me in the way that ILP has/does, so I will stick with there... Wink

...it is a mistake to expect too much from others/internet philosophy, for people are never as smart as they think, and therefore practice only bullshit-philosophy.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointment   Disappointment I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Tor wrote:
I post on ILP, and I am on here because I am being interviewed in the name of philosophy, and when that is over, I will be gone...

I have looked at other philo sites, but they have not apealed to me in the way that ILP has/does, so I will stick with there... Wink

...it is a mistake to expect too much from others/internet philosophy, for people are never as smart as they think, and therefore practice only bullshit-philosophy.

I have always appreciated your detachment, Magsj...

you're right: it's a huge mistake to wait too much from other people, especially those we hardly know...
Back to top Go down
Hadji
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Hadji

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointment   Disappointment I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 5:54 am

Drone, I like these internet phil.boards. More exactly the BBS medium in general; I'm a member of so many chat boards I have a very hard time remembering my userID and pass on all of them. Why? To see something set out just very nonchalant; say, here is a conversation between two people who are thinking about suicide. They know what they are talking about; it is not the same as fiction. You name the topic and there is almost always a BBS devoted to talking about it; you can learn more in twenty minutes from these boards than assuming and reading books for a year. Who would you ask about say suicide? "Excuse me sir, excuse me..."
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointment   Disappointment I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:48 am

Hadji wrote:
Drone, I like these internet phil.boards. More exactly the BBS medium in general; I'm a member of so many chat boards I have a very hard time remembering my userID and pass on all of them. Why? To see something set out just very nonchalant; say, here is a conversation between two people who are thinking about suicide. They know what they are talking about; it is not the same as fiction. You name the topic and there is almost always a BBS devoted to talking about it; you can learn more in twenty minutes from these boards than assuming and reading books for a year. Who would you ask about say suicide? "Excuse me sir, excuse me..."

It's good to know that you are satisfied with these boards, Hadji. I guess that my biggest mistake was expecting too much from them, maybe Magsj/Tor is right after all. I don't know if i'll ever come back to these places in the future, but if i ever do, i'll try to lower my expectations next time.
Back to top Go down
Hadji
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Hadji

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointment   Disappointment I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Drone wrote:
I guess that my biggest mistake was expecting too much from them, maybe Magsj/Tor is right after all.
She often is.

Quote :
I don't know if i'll ever come back to these places in the future, but if i ever do, i'll try to lower my expectations next time.
The world is what you make it, don't they say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappointment   Disappointment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disappointment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Conversation-
Jump to: