Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Somali "pirates" murdered

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Somali "pirates" murdered Empty
PostSubject: Somali "pirates" murdered   Somali "pirates" murdered I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:06 pm

"Drowned pirates

Five of the pirates reportedly drowned while making off with their share of the ransom money after their skiff was hit by high seas."

NB: my italics

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7821783.stm

I count on the BBC for moderately sophisticated propaganda and obfuscated lies and omission. Never mind the sorriness of the American supplied and organized Ethiopian occupation, or the labeling of combatants as pirates, but Auntie Beeb is just too over the top here, Peter Dobbie couldn't even look the camera in the eye while reporting this one. Obviously they were murdered by Saudi money, or Chinese, or Americans. BBC isn't even fun anymore.
Back to top Go down
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male
Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Somali "pirates" murdered   Somali "pirates" murdered I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:46 am

Somali "pirates" murdered Somali_pirates

"We be taking stuff off your boat now." Laughing

Somali "pirates" murdered Pirates1-736286

Somali "pirates" murdered 060706modernpirates_big
Back to top Go down
https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Somali "pirates" murdered   Somali "pirates" murdered I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:51 am

These guys are not saints, but they are heroes.

Somali "pirates" murdered 79bd0d24d6eb
جهاد
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Somali "pirates" murdered   Somali "pirates" murdered I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:40 am

"...an ancient form of terrorism, piracy, in a modern form, asserting itself off the Horn of Africa...."

-Hillary Clinton,
Senate Confirmation Hearing, 13/1/09

She then goes on to condemn "autocracy is Zimbabwe." Autocracy must sound scary to most viewers who have no idea what it means. We of course know that it means self-reliance and independence. Those are obviously dangerous things. They are also core elements in the national philosophy of North Korea and Myanmar, hence the reason, along with Zimbabwe and others, they are treated as wicked states, embargo, economic warfare, threats of invasion, you know the game.

Clinton then goes on to say that America needs to "...reduce our foreign dependency." What's good for the goose is not good for the gander?!

Some forms of Islam do not seem to be able to leave others alone; but somehow I doubt Somalis or Afghans would have been telling me what to do any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Somali "pirates" murdered   Somali "pirates" murdered I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:09 am

Body washes ashore! But, hmm... no pictures. I for one will believe it when I see it. And with 153,000 USD no less!

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/somali-pirates-body-washes-ashore-with-215000-in-cash/1405356.aspx

What is this number? 153?

Edit: "$153000 (£100000)"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/12/drowned-pirate-somalia-ukraine-ship
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somali "pirates" murdered   Somali "pirates" murdered I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Somali "pirates" murdered
Page 1 of 1