Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Which came first, the noun or the verb?

Go down 
+6
Serge
MagnetMan
creasy
babelbell
Unreasonable
Taras
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Noun
Which came first, the noun or the verb? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Which came first, the noun or the verb? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Verb
Which came first, the noun or the verb? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap75%Which came first, the noun or the verb? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
Umm...
Which came first, the noun or the verb? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Which came first, the noun or the verb? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Which came first, the noun or the verb? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the noun or the verb?   Which came first, the noun or the verb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:07 am

I don't really care for your "opinion" on these matters. I know what I know.
Back to top Go down
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
-Psychonaut

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the noun or the verb?   Which came first, the noun or the verb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:17 am

It is not surprising that your knowledge is not subject to change or evalution in light of new information.

Strange that you were refuted by the very source you linked, though.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the noun or the verb?   Which came first, the noun or the verb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:18 am

-Psychonaut wrote:
It is not surprising that your knowledge is not subject to change or evalution in light of new information.

Strange that you were refuted by the very source you linked, though.
Who said I was refuted?

Who said I have not read the entire article a long, long time ago???
Back to top Go down
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
-Psychonaut

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the noun or the verb?   Which came first, the noun or the verb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:20 am

Quote :
When the Ancient Greeks adopted the alphabet, they had no use for the glottal stop that the letter had denoted in Phoenician and other Semitic languages, so they used the sign for the vowel /a/

The above section indicates that the Phoenician/Semitic letter 'alef' did not symbolise the sound /a/, but instead indicated a glottal stop.

If order within the alphabet indicates chronological order, then the glottal stop came first and not 'aaaaaaa'.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the noun or the verb?   Which came first, the noun or the verb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:26 am

-Psychonaut wrote:
The above section indicates that the Phoenician/Semitic letter 'alef' did not symbolise the sound /a/, but instead indicated a glottal stop.

If order within the alphabet indicates chronological order, then the glottal stop came first and not 'aaaaaaa'.
What you just said was not necessarily the case in the conversion of languages.

Qualitative-letters (derived from the Alpha-Beta) *ONLY* represent verbal sounds.
Back to top Go down
SpeedOfSilence
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
SpeedOfSilence

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the noun or the verb?   Which came first, the noun or the verb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:21 am

Unreasonable wrote:
The letter A (original/capital/base-form) precedes all words and verbal syntax, even "God".

The sound of "A" is the first sound that we make when we are born. The baby cries after taking her first breath: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The second sound we make is "B" with the first word usually being "ba"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the noun or the verb?   Which came first, the noun or the verb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Linguistics-
Jump to: