Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Famous phrases and sayings.

Go down 
+6
Ivan
Taras
kriswest
Lucretia
Satyr
The Fool
10 posters
AuthorMessage
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male
Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Famous phrases and sayings. Empty
PostSubject: Famous phrases and sayings.   Famous phrases and sayings. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:25 am

Insert your favorite famous phrases and sayings in this thread.

When poor people act crazy they are called insane but when wealthy people act crazy in comparison they are called eccentric. -Anonymous

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” - Genghis Kahn.

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.” - Genghis Kahn
Back to top Go down
https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male
Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Famous phrases and sayings.   Famous phrases and sayings. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:24 am

Quote :
• Even the stoic attitude and manly virtue amounts to this -- that one must maintain and assert himself against the world; and the ethics of the Stoics (their only science, since they could tell nothing about the spirit but how it should behave towards the world, and of nature (physics only this, that the wise man must assert himself against it) is not a doctrine of the spirit, but only a doctrine of the repelling of the world and of self-assertion against the world. And this consists in "imperturbabiltiy and equanimity of life," and so in most explicit Roman virtue. - Stirner, Max

Quote :
• All wisdom of the ancients is the science of the world, all wisdom of the moderns is the science of God.- Stirner, Max
Back to top Go down
http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Lucretia
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Lucretia

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Famous phrases and sayings.   Famous phrases and sayings. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:33 pm

Quote :
And on the pedestal these words appear,"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings! Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains.
- Percy Bysshe Shelley
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Famous phrases and sayings.   Famous phrases and sayings. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:28 am

Fear is the mind killer -Herbert, Frank
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Famous phrases and sayings.   Famous phrases and sayings. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:20 am

"Inquiring minds need to know."

-PBS

"delicious cake

must have"

-chan

"...the terrible truth of existence...."

The Birth of Tragedy

"Since I became a reader of lofty books, I have become a defender of lop-sided causes."

-Attributed to Voltaire by the lazy-eyed dwarf who told it me.
Back to top Go down
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male

PostSubject: Re: Famous phrases and sayings.   Famous phrases and sayings. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:01 pm

" I found the most perfect beautiful woman I could want no more, she's deaf and dumb and over sexed not to mention she owns a liqour store."

- Anonymous

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness obviously has never had any money."

-Anonymous

"Whoever said money can't buy love obviously has never had any money since there are plenty of gold digging women who would get on their hands and feet in submission saying I love you for a frequent couple hundred bucks or two."

-Anonymous

"All women are hookers and all men are pimps. It's the classic relationship dynamic.

And just like that every hooker needs it's pimp as every pimp needs it's hooker."

-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male

PostSubject: Re: Famous phrases and sayings.   Famous phrases and sayings. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:04 pm

Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote :
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise.

Men ought either to be indulged or utterly destroyed, for if you merely offend them they take vengeance, but if you injure them greatly they are unable to retaliate, so that the injury done to a man ought to be such that vengeance cannot be feared.

Men rise from one ambition to another: first, they seek to secure themselves against attack, and then they attack others.

One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived.

The distinction between children and adults, while probably useful for some purposes, is at bottom a specious one, I feel. There are only individual egos, crazy for love.

Back to top Go down
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Famous phrases and sayings.   Famous phrases and sayings. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:08 am

"The light shineth in the Darkness, and the Darkness comprehendeth it not."

John 1:5
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Famous phrases and sayings.   Famous phrases and sayings. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:48 am

"They know that you're more dangerous sober...."

-Malcolm X

"The sky is falling."

-Chicken Little
Back to top Go down
Dako
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Dako

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Famous phrases and sayings.   Famous phrases and sayings. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 12:00 am

"Want to know more?"

Starship Troopers (1997)

"Say all that you know, and say it without reserve."

- Mao, On Coalition Government, paraphrasing a Chinese proverb
Back to top Go down
Baldassare Cossa
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Baldassare Cossa

Male
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Famous phrases and sayings.   Famous phrases and sayings. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:47 am

"Is not man everywhere the slave of laws? and at once thsi is so, does that not mean he is everywhere in chains" - Marquis De Sade teasing guess who Wink

"Voluptuousness can tolerate no inhibitions - it attains its zenith only by shattering them all" - Marquis De Sade

"A man with much intellect, much power or much money cannot possibly amuse himself in the way everybody else does." - Marquis De Sade

"we almost always emply the laws of our government as our compass for dtermining right and wrong, just and unjust." - Marquis De Sade

"I have gained this by philosophy - that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law" - Aristotle

"Do not ask me who I am and do not ask me to remain the same" - Michel Foucault
Back to top Go down
Baldassare Cossa
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Baldassare Cossa

Male
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Famous phrases and sayings.   Famous phrases and sayings. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:49 am

Dear imagination,

What I especially like about you is that you do not forgive.

- Andre Breton
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Famous phrases and sayings.   Famous phrases and sayings. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:54 am

But where am I now? And how can I separate this deserted cafe from that room in my past? I don't know any longer whether I'm living or remembering. The beams from the lighthouse are here. And the Arab stands in front of me telling me that he is going to close. I have to leave. I no longer want to make such dangerous descents. It is true, as I take a last look at the bay and its light, that what wells up in me is not the hope of better days but a serene and primitive indifference to everything and to myself. But I must break this too limp and easy curve. I need my lucidity. Yes, everything is simple. It's men who complicate things. Don't let them tell us any stories. Don't let them say about the man condemned to death: "He is going to pay his debt to society," but: "They're going to chop his head off." It may seem like nothing. But it does make a little difference. There are some people who prefer to look their destiny straight in the eye.

Albert Camus, Between Yes and No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Famous phrases and sayings.   Famous phrases and sayings. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Famous phrases and sayings.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Conversation-
Jump to: