Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.

Go down 
+7
Lucretia
Satyr
Alexi
deepthought
Unreasonable
SilentSoliloquy
The Fool
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucretia
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Lucretia

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-01-03

The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:40 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
Lucretia wrote:
We should kill the mentally retarded, yes.
That depends on whether I am mentally-retarded, yes?

I'm not really concerned who the mentally retarded are, even if it was myself. Especially if it was myself, in fact. That anyone keeps a mentally retarded child is a fulfillment of the narcissism of the mother and an unreasonable burden for no constructive purpose.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:48 pm

Lucretia wrote:
I'm not really concerned who the mentally retarded are, even if it was myself. Especially if it was myself, in fact. That anyone keeps a mentally retarded child is a fulfillment of the narcissism of the mother and an unreasonable burden for no constructive purpose.
I agree; I would just not want to be retarded. -- simple.
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:41 am

Lucretia wrote:
Unreasonable wrote:
Lucretia wrote:

All children are a burden without constructive purpose. All kids are created for narcissism. A child that is mentally handicapped or pysically so, does not mean that the parents find the child an unusual burden. These humans have their niche in society that is constructive. We learn from them Their care provides employment for many. That is just two reasons why they hold their niche. to eliminate them would remove part of humanity, we would hold on to being primal animals if we lose our ability to care for the weakest.
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:15 am

Unreasonable wrote:
Lucretia wrote:
I'm declaring myself mentally retarded then. Come and get me you monster!
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:35 am

Ivan wrote:
How did you come to that conclusion? I need to relate to the non-retards first.
Back to top Go down
Lucretia
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Lucretia

Male

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:39 am

kriswest wrote:
Lucretia wrote:
Unreasonable wrote:
Lucretia wrote:

All children are a burden without constructive purpose. All kids are created for narcissism. A child that is mentally handicapped or pysically so, does not mean that the parents find the child an unusual burden. These humans have their niche in society that is constructive. We learn from them Their care provides employment for many. That is just two reasons why they hold their niche. to eliminate them would remove part of humanity, we would hold on to being primal animals if we lose our ability to care for the weakest.

Primal animals? Useless distinction. You're speaking in terms of taste.
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:57 am

Unreasonable wrote:
Ivan wrote:
How did you come to that conclusion? I need to relate to the non-retards first.
Not you; you seem to be unsure if you're retarded or not: Lucretia.
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:53 am

Lucretia wrote:
kriswest wrote:
Lucretia wrote:
Unreasonable wrote:
Lucretia wrote:

Perhaps,, but, so what? Society and culture are about taste, what preference, how to live, etc. If we lose our ability to protect the weakest then we degrade societies to mere survival.
Back to top Go down
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male
Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:18 pm

kriswest wrote:
Lucretia wrote:
kriswest wrote:
Lucretia wrote:
Unreasonable wrote:
Lucretia wrote:

Perhaps,, but, so what? Society and culture are about taste, what preference, how to live, etc. If we lose our ability to protect the weakest then we degrade societies to mere survival.

Laughing All societies revolve around mere survival and always have.

Degrade? Evil or Very Mad Your enlightened idealism has never come to fruition. There is nothing to degrade!
Back to top Go down
https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:57 am

ROFL, If societies were about mere survival then there would be no entertainment industries. there would be no schools, there would be no travel,, etc. Societies would be nothing but a group of people trying to scratch food out of the earth if it was just for survival.
Back to top Go down
Lucretia
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Lucretia

Male

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:11 am

But the mentally retarded are not entertaining, nor can they be educated.
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:26 am

Lucretia wrote:
Non-intervention.

What's it to you if I want to raise my retarded son and not kill him?
Back to top Go down
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:04 pm

kriswest wrote:
ROFL, If societies were about mere survival then there would be no entertainment industries. there would be no schools, there would be no travel,, etc. Societies would be nothing but a group of people trying to scratch food out of the earth if it was just for survival.

What you take for granted everyday merely exists out of excess.

Without that excess there is only mere survival.

You enjoy such excess because humanity with it's dominionism has made the earth it's playground and anymore slowly it is becoming the only animal left on this planet as it virtually makes existence for other species ( It's competition) inhabitable.
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Many species adapt and inhabit the uninhabitable,, the human is not the only creature designed to adapt. We all carry genes of each other. there will be life on this planet until the sun dies.
Back to top Go down
Lucretia
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Lucretia

Male

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Ivan wrote:
Lucretia wrote:
Non-intervention.

An undeserved parking space.
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:39 pm

Lucretia wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Lucretia wrote:
Non-intervention.

You are an American.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Ivan wrote:
Lucretia wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Lucretia wrote:
Non-intervention.

You are an American.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Was it that obvious!?
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:27 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Lucretia wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Lucretia wrote:
Non-intervention.

You are an American.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Was it that obvious!?
I suppose autos are about as cruel to life on Earth as anything can be; so it's consistent with his line here. I could be wrong, burning the atmosphere in a such a hurry is not only a habit of America, but it reminds me of Aaron Eckhart in Thank-you for Smoking. That sort of freedom just asks for someone to shoot you.

Lucretia, have you a car anyhow? why would you care? Just for kicks? That's fine, my son can really kick too once he gets started!
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:54 am

Lucretia wrote:

Ah, but you are wrong my friend, a great many if not most can be educated enough to have skills for the workplace. Goodwill Industries and others like them prove that they can be taught to care for themselves. Since the families love these humans and they can for the most part learn tasks then they deserve their niche. Even if they could not work or learn, the love that the families bear for them earns their right to live.
Back to top Go down
Advocatus Diaboli
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Male
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:23 am

Yeah really. Stop being so heartless - lord, don't you have any humanity??

All living things deserve to live, because someone loves them.

Syllogism:

Minor premise: All loved things have a right to live.
Major premise: Retards are loved.
Conclusion: Therefore, retards are immorta.. - wait.. what the hell? Something must be wrong with my logics.

Do you know retards even have a 'right' to vote? What a world man.
Back to top Go down
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:10 am

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:

Syllogism:

Minor premise: All loved things have a right to live.
Major premise: Retards are loved.
Conclusion: Therefore, retards are immorta.. - wait.. what the hell? Something must be wrong with my logics.

Do you know retards even have a 'right' to vote? What a world man.

Laughing Don't you know? This is a world of change and directional progress.

Were all supposed to be moral and equal in this world of change. Laughing

Lions sleeping with lambs and everyone holding hands in complete brotherhood.

The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 Lion-and-lamb-sm-web

Can't you see it?

The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 Landing_at_war_03

The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 Homeless_06

The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 Wealthy_250x251

The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 Istockphoto_3430986_rich_man

The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 20010910T090000-0500_13925_OBS_BRITISH_PRISONS__HOME_TO_MANY_JAMAICAN_WOMEN_1[img][/img]

Last edited by The Fool on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:29 pm

Retardation comes in varying degrees,,, it is apparent that even intelligent humans can suffer some degree of retardation Cool
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Ivan

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 am

The Fool wrote:
Lions sleeping with lambs...
I'd just as soon not cook up Down's kids for dinner. Exterminating "all the brutes" is a slightly different matter.

kris, justifying retards' existence with the fact they can be trained to work? That's the same as Lucretia.

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:

I don't know if this was meant to be sarcastic or not, but QFT.
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:48 am

Life is justified one way or another. While I am considered an athiest there are certain religious thoughts that make sense such as: Let ye who is without sin cast the first stone, Judge others as you would be judged.
Now it seems to me that I would be a pretty crappy person if I had no compassion for weaker defensless creatures or humans. Take and not give is a pretty crappy way to live. To remove a life because it is not up to your standards of perfection is nothing more than animal survival instinct to keep the biggest share for yourself and let others die. That attitude sure does not sit well. Retarded and physically handicapped humans have a niche in society they do not drain they give. Those that wish to only keep for themselves are the ones that drain society of resources.
Folks that are not "good" physical or mental human specimans still provide if you care to look. those that wish to remove them are repulsed by these broken humans,, Why? Fear? Probably.
Back to top Go down
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:18 am

A religious atheist Kriswest? In this post-modern era we certainly have alot of those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.   The immorality of eating and keeping livestock. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The immorality of eating and keeping livestock.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: The Arena-
Jump to: