Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Satyr's Arena

Go down 
+5
The Fool
maryshelley
kriswest
Advocatus Diaboli
Satyr
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Satyr's Arena - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Feel free to make a grouped response, this line by line thing can get tedious and annoying...

Just adress the triviality of you degrading people for pleasure on internet forums compared with your egocentric beliefs... That ought to provide enough cognitive dissionance to produce some of teh heart felt insults i love to hear...

Feeling angry or annoyed?

that's a bad thing, because i write these posts calmer than a hindu cow, you should try relaxing... It tends to make people happier...
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male
Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:11 pm

wonderer wrote:
respect is not something given, is something not taken. a lack of insults should not stunt one intellectually, wouldn't you say?
Listen dude, I don't know you personally.

What are you to me, but words on a page?
I judge you using them.

Are you a good father, a funny guy, a good cook, who cares? I cannot partake.
What do you offer me? If not insights or a challenge to my opinions then you are nobody to me.

I don't come here to make friends. Maybe you and your internet buddies do, but I don't.
I have enough friends.
Too many.
I don't come here looking for comforting or love or sex or respect.
Do I enjoy the attention?
Yeah, I'm human.
But not always and not from everyone.

I come here to share my opinions and to challenge my beliefs. I come here to be honest and direct. If I wanted bullshit and masks I would be content with my immediate environment.

And don't try to pretend yours is any better. I've been around. I've seen.
I see.
A whole lot of bull going on.

wonderer wrote:
Do you have to kiss some morons ass to make a living?.
Don't we all?

Quote :
should you not resent yourself?
I love my self.
Try again.

Quote :
Is it possible that these aspersions left unmet and degraded by insults are actually logical criticisms?
Then my insulting responses are no less logical.

If you wish to compare judgments, even of each other, then let us do so.

Would I expect a good judgment from one that cannot formulate one in any other area?
Not I.

Your opinions in all other matters, reveals your mind and how it works and what quality it has.

Quote :
and are you pulling the strings?
Sometimes I play along, letting my self be played with.

I am a control junky. Order is my drug...Apollonian through and through.

Now tell me about the joys of Dionysian chaos.
I've tried it...it sucks.

Quote :
We each have our ownr easons for being here Satyr, your are for pleasure, buw what kind, where from, and what for?
Multiple reasons.

Quote :
You are so used to fighting that the minute someone tries to play with you you go on the defensive... lighten up...
Funny thing is I'm considered easy-going in my real life.
No matter.

Quote :
Do you have a small dick? are you o.k with that?
Oh Jeez this is becoming ridiculous.
Quote :

Everybody dies alone. And sex is not often seen as a conflict but as an interaction or function...

I think there may be other reasons why you centralize around this main theme of conflict...
Oh...do tell, doctor...
Did I choose all the attention my sexually oriented thread The Feminization of Man received?

My other threads didn't get nearly as much attention...why do you think?
Was a central nerve touched?

I opened threads on metaphysics...did they receive as much attention?

Quote :
no not at all, i'm not trying to incinuate that you need sex or have even begun to wonder how i could help you... I have barely begun to consider that you even need help.
One more power-play.

Yes, and you doctor, because you are so healthy and content, are the one to help me.

What a condescending fuck you are...and I'm supposed to respect you?!

But do not stop...help me....HELP ME!!!!

Quote :
You are different from other people in different ways, that much is certain. the question first is why...
Guess.

Quote :
well i'm not as confident as you, but if modesty is a crime then pity me...
Ha!!! This is getting good.
Modesty?

Quote :
poor dependant joe Very Happy

Can't stand his masters so he lives in his head...
Is that where I live?
And still you cannot challenge my perceptions of reality.

Here is where your "modesty" becomes stinky and I lash out at the hypocrisy and the condescending self-righteous tone and mutiple personal insinuations you've cast about.

Tell me about the real world, doctor. Is the sky purple there?

Quote :
Healthy?
No, you are the health service professional.

Quote :
You're the one who is setting the pace... The game is only as serious as you choose to make it.. you're in control right?
Yes, but you believing otherwise makes it all the more fun.

Continue with your modest, non-insulting implication that I am living in my head, whereas, I presume, you are living in the real world.
Heal me.

Let us explore this.

Quote :
Right, so you get pleasure out of degrading other people, and you think that this does not affect your ability to communicate and debate?
Not other people, where you are included in the whole, but a majority of retards, of which you are one member of, in a world full of stupidity.
Nice try.

Quote :
then why give me the chance? I'm so stupid you have a hard time lowering yourself to my level to rpedict me? Laughing
Because it is entertaining.
A chess match with a child. Why not?

Quote :
it's more of an emotional slap... frustration and discontent wound up into verbal hatred.
Implying, of course, that you are content and not frustrated?

Tell me about your contentment. Is it outside your head?

I say that existence is a state of varying degrees of discontentment - need.
This is in my head..now you tell me about "reality".
The healthy kind.

Quote :
So can change... Egocentrism is really dibilitating...
Meaning that your activities are not egocentric. Right?
Tell me how you act selflessly when your very act is a manifestation of self and there's always a return for it?

Quote :
i'm fine thanks...
Outside your head, no doubt...in the real world.

Quote :
Everything you've ever told me is nothing more than highly insulting emotional anger...
Yes, because it couldn't have been an honest assessment of you, right?
You can't have that...it must have been an emotional assessment and so wrong.

Quote :
You're an unhappy person grasping at straws while so blinded by emotion that you think you can grab anyone by the hair and throw them out the window of your moving limosine of logic...
I claim happiness is impossible and a human myth.
Where there is need, to whatever degree, one cannot say that they are content without ignoring this fact.

As stress decreases boredom increases. This is a fact of life.

Contentment is simply acceptance and I, certainly, am content, using that definition.

My reasoning has yet to be challenged by you, and you calling me emotinoal only exposes this fact.

Even this pretentious act, of yours, is an emotional one.
You confuse passionate expression for emotional thinking. You then twist your emotional thinking into rational thinking because it soothes you. This while never actually being able to challenge my views but only cast aspersions upon me, as you are doing now. Then, if I reciprocate, you will play the innocent victim, that is being bullied by me.

You will then run to all the others that have faced by unforgiving style and you will find comfort there and reassurance.

Tell me more, doctor.

Quote :
If i responded in kind nothing would get said but insults... You made this thread remember, this appeal to people who are filled with hatred...
No, I made this appeal to self-righteous, stunted intellects, drowning in their delusions and bullshit. and here you come...trying to heal me, making accusations, with that tone of faked cool reasoning, while your motives are emotionally driven.

Here you are trying to dismiss me...again....and then you wonder why I insult hypocrites like you.

Quote :
I find comfort in seing other people degrade themselves, you find comfort in degrading other people (which i find degrading). WE're perfect for eachother.
Oh simpleton...there's more to it than that...There are plenty of people degrading themselves...making you feel special...but you come here to me....

What nerve did I touch?
What did I say that you come here trying to erase it by trying to find my weakness and then use it to dismiss me?

Was your duplicity made obvious?
Was your discontented contentment threatened?

Did I expose an aspect of your life in one of my essays?
Did you see yourself in my The Feminization of Man that you now try to assassinate the messenger so as to ignore the message?
Was your world split open so that you saw what lay inside?

My discontentment, you retard, is that i cannot escape your world of pretentious happiness and faked enthusiasm and contrived compassion.
I want to shove your face in it and make you look.

Last edited by Satyr on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:14 pm

wonderer wrote:
Feel free to make a grouped response, this line by line thing can get tedious and annoying...

Just adress the triviality of you degrading people for pleasure on internet forums compared with your egocentric beliefs... That ought to provide enough cognitive dissionance to produce some of teh heart felt insults i love to hear...

Feeling angry or annoyed?

that's a bad thing, because i write these posts calmer than a hindu cow, you should try relaxing... It tends to make people happier...
Little retard you confuse THIS!!!!! for actual anger?

How easy it is to play a part on the internet...and manipulate little minds with little hopes.

I'm as calm as the Buddha on pot.
But it must please you imagine me losing my temper and you being the one that makes me lose it....now doesn't it retard?

A little taste of superiority when you have failed every other time.

Truly unfortunate that this is not a face-to-face.

Here let me lose it again.

You are a stunted mind!!!!!

The world is producing them in droves.
It's part of the feminization process. A systemic necessity, producing exactly the types it needs to continue.

Look up at MagnetMan...he's experiencing psychic attacks.

According to you, telling him that he's not mentally well, is just me trying to feel superior by insulting him...I should humor this demented mind, offer it undeserved respect...convince it it is well and its delusions very much possibly psychic.

But I will not.
Too much has been given up already.
I will not lie here.
Back to top Go down
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:55 pm

Satyr wrote:
wonderer wrote:
respect is not something given, is something not taken. a lack of insults should not stunt one intellectually, wouldn't you say?
Listen dude, I don't know you personally.

What are you to me, but words on a page?
I judge you using them.

Are you a good father, a funny guy, a good cook, who cares? I cannot partake.
What do you offer me? If not insights or a challenge to my opinions then you are nobody to me.

I don't come here to make friends. Maybe you and your internet buddies do, but I don't.
I have enough friends.
Too many.

I come here to share, my opinions and to challenge my beliefs. I come here to be honest and direct. If I wanted bullshit and masks i would be content with my immediate environment.

And don't try to pretend your is any better. I've been around. I've seen. I see.
A whole lot of bull going on.
You claim to want to be challenged, but the moment someone does you insult them and call it a day, do not kid yourself.

just like claiming to judge me by my words... i have done nothing but ask questions yet you instantly start insulting me. I presented an oliver twist quote and suddenly im an insulted pussy who should shut up because i deserved "it" for "showing off".

You opened with insults, I did not come to this thread to challenge your positions justa s you didnt make it to hear any challenges. You made this thread to sit back and insult people and hope that they might swing by for you to insult them some more...

Quote :
and are you pulling the strings?
Sometimes I play along, letting my self be played with.

I am a control junky. Order is my drug...Apollonian through and through.

Now tell me about the joys of Dionysian chaos. [/quote] Dio who?

Satyr, you've never gotten to me for a minute, i along with many others have long pitied you, but of course that's enraging to you...
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
We each have our ownr easons for being here Satyr, your are for pleasure, buw what kind, where from, and what for?
Multiple reasons.
shall i guess?

The pleasure of degrading others which by comparison makes you feel good about yourself which shows how desperate you are to feel good about yourself. Your whole Satyr persona is pathetic, you probably began honestly but you are now apparantly too emotional to stand other people let alone engage in philosophical discussions...

you're a junkie all right...

Satyr wrote:

Quote :
You are so used to fighting that the minute someone tries to play with you you go on the defensive... lighten up...
Funny thing is I'm considered easy-going in my real life.
No matter.
and you justbrood underneath?

It's not suprising you;re easy going... you despise everyone around you, perhaps because you do nothing to change things...
Satyr wrote:
Quote :

Everybody dies alone. And sex is not often seen as a conflict but as an interaction or function...

I think there may be other reasons why you centralize around this main theme of conflict...
Oh...do tell, doctor...
i'm not sure yet, you're always too defensive to have a clear discussion...
Satyr wrote:

Quote :

no not at all, i'm not trying to incinuate that you need sex or have even begun to wonder how i could help you... I have barely begun to consider that you even need help.
One more power-play.

Yes, and you doctor, because you are so healthy and content, are the one to help me.

What a condescending fuck you are...and I'm supposed to respect you?

But do not stop...help me....HELP ME!!!!
oh heavan forbid i'm condescending... oh no, not condescending...

Get real pussy.
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
poor dependant joe Very Happy

Can't stand his masters so he lives in his head...
Is that where I live?
And still you cannot challenge my perceptions of reality.

Here is where your "modesty" becomes stinky and I lash out at the hypocrisy and the condescending self-righteous insinuations you've cast about.
Tell me about the real world, doctor. Is the sky purple there?
nope blue, and you have put fourth no "perceptions" for me to cast anything on, and i havn't incinuated much beyond motives for insults...

dead end again i'm afraid dear boy, how can i be a hippocrit by not challenging your "perceptions of reality" when all i've done is incinuate that your emotions lead you to insult people and ignore other in arguments. Bring up a subject and i'd be glad to, but you "disrespect" me so much that you would find it a mental chore and will therefore come up with another insult to side track us deeper into your judgements of my personal character and give me a chance to further my incinuations about your reasons for insulting me, again.
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
Right, so you get pleasure out of degrading other people, and you think that this does not affect your ability to communicate and debate?
No, see now you are living in your head.
Not other people, where you are included in the whole, but a majority of retards, of which you are one member of, in a world full of stupidity.
haha, and you are the top intellectual there to define everyone beneath you?

and what if you encounter someone intellectually above you and you misunderstand them, do you classify them as stupid in your arrogance? yes...

Quote :
it's more of an emotional slap... frustration and discontent wound up into verbal hatred.
Implying, of course, that you are content and not frustrated?

Tell me about your contentment. Is it outside your head?

I say that existence is a state of varying degrees of discontentment - need.
This is in my head..now you tell me about "reality". The healthy kind. [/quote] discontent is a necessity to feel content.

contentment comes from the satisfaction of a need, and is temporary...

I get my contentment from the real world, and you get yours by complaining on internet philosophy forums...

You are here for pleasure remember? contentment; an ease of frustration...

your coping mechanism is just lazy...

Quote :
So can change... Egocentrism is really dibilitating...
Meaning that your activities are not egocentric. Right?
Tell me how you act selflessly when your act is a manifestation of self? [/quote] If i did not know better, this continual reditect might indicate that i am on the right track in discussing your egocentrism versus your attitude in debates...

Satyr wrote:

Quote :
Everything you've ever told me is nothing more than highly insulting emotional anger...
Yes, because it couldn't have been an honest assessment of you, right?
You can't have that...it must have been an emotional assessment and so wrong.
well i know it to be innacurate. Half the things you claim about me are defensive insults to incinuatory questions...

If i suggested that you are mentally ill, you would say "and ohhh, like you are some mentally fit hot shot", you would be mopre creative mind you and the context would be different, but if you're now trying to drag me down with you it wont work.
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
You're an unhappy person grasping at straws while so blinded by emotion that you think you can grab anyone by the hair and throw them out the window of your moving limosine of logic...
I claim happiness is impossible and a human myth.
Where there is need, to whatever degree, one cannot say that they are content without ignoring this fact.

As stress decreases boredom increases. This is a fact of life.
Contentment is simply acceptance and I, certainly, am content.

My reasoning has yet to be challenged by you, and you calling me emotinoal only exposes this fact.
Even this pretentious act is an emotional one.
You confuse passionate expressions for emotional thinking. and you then twist your emotinoal thinknig into rational thinknig because it soothes you. This while never actually being able to challenge my views but only cast aspersions upon me, as you are doing now. Then, if i reciprocate, you will play the innocent victim, that is being bullied by me.

Tell me more, doctor.
if you need stress to eliminate boredom, perhaps the right amount of stress traded for the right amount of pleasure, some sort of balance, some sort of modest struggle or something, might just cause someone to not only be content, but thankful for life.

Eternal happiness doesn't exist, but regular happiness does. Even if it is only found in ignorance, happiness is a chemical feeling and emotion just like PAIN. Pleasure and pain are not logical necessary outcomes of our existence, they are arbitrary adaptive mechanisms designed to make us expand.

Humans are happy when they are creating something, working for something. Pain is a necessary motivator just as pleasure is a necessary motivator.

With no pain we would do nothing, with no pleasure we would commit suicide.

People who cannot achieve a balance of the two i really do pity.
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
If i responded in kind nothing would get said but insults... You made this thread remember, this appeal to people who are filled with hatred...
no, i made this appeal to self-righteous, stunted intellects, drowning in their delusions and bullshit. and here you come...trying to heal me, making accusations, with that tone of faked cool reasoning, while your motives are emotionally driven.

Here you are trying to dismiss me...again....and then you wonder why I insult hypocrites like you.
"faked cool"... comon do better than that...

And i'm the one claiming your motives are emotionally driven, so get your own argument Laughing

you have vanquished me through and through, now all you have to do is keep repeating that and one day people might believe you...
Satyr wrote:

Quote :

I find comfort in seing other people degrade themselves, you find comfort in degrading other people (which i find degrading). WE're perfect for eachother.
Oh simpleton...there's more to it than that...There are plenty of people degrading themselves...making you feel special...but you come here to me....

What nerve did I touch, you little retard?
What did I say that you come here trying to erase it by trying to find my weakness and then use it to dismiss me?

Was your duplicity made obvious?
Was your discontented contentment threatened?

Did I expose an aspect of your life in one of my essays?
Did you see yourself in my The Feminization of Man that you now try to assassinate the messenger so as to ignore the message?
Was your world split open so that you saw what lay inside?
Well i came here looking to provoke you, not to attack you, remember?

It's you who are threatened by me. That much is abundantly clear my friend, and no amount of casual insults, no matter how creative, can distract me from the simple facts of this thread; you made this thread in some sadistic and desperate attempt to make yourself happy

p.s, never got past the first sentence in your feminization of man thread, nor any other of your essays... I have confronted you on a situational basis, mostly pertaining to your sexist attitude toward women.
Satyr wrote:

My discontentment, you retard, is that i cannot escape your world of pretentious happiness and faked enthusiasm and contrived compassion.
I want to shove your face in it and make you look.
that's so cliché

the jealous failure...

In a fit of rage you dream of destroying that which you envy... You are more like Aidan than i thought...

first you're content, then you're discontent.. well what is it?

mid life crisis? spiraling nihilism and depression?

Que sera sera
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:01 pm

wonderer wrote:
You claim to want to be challenged, but the moment someone does you insult them and call it a day, do not kid yourself.
There you are flattering yourself.

I said challenge.
This does not mean that every idiot with a contrary opinion represents a challenge.

Don't kid YOUR self. You offer no challenge at all.
Especially not YOU!!!
Even this fake caring angle is childish and full of ulterior motives.

Quote :
just like claiming to judge me by my words... i have done nothing but ask questions yet you instantly start insulting me. I presented an oliver twist quote and suddenly im an insulted pussy who should shut up because i deserved "it" for "showing off".
Your motives are transparent.
Your little mind-games, girlish.
You playing the innocent victim, typical.

Quote :
You opened with insults, I did not come to this thread to challenge your positions justa s you didnt make it to hear any challenges. You made this thread to sit back and insult people and hope that they might swing by for you to insult them some more...
We had a history.
I continued where we left off.

Quote :
Dio who?
Whatever.

Quote :
Satyr, you've never gotten to me for a minute, i along with many others have long pitied you, but of course that's enraging to you...
That's your defensive mechanism.
It's a form of condescending dismissal, without actually having to provide reasoning.

I don't care what emotional methods you, and your retarded friends, use to dismiss me when you are chit-chatting away...have you provided a challenge?

Where?

Quote :
shall i guess?
Oh please, don't stop now.

Quote :
The pleasure of degrading others which by comparison makes you feel good about yourself which shows how desperate you are to feel good about yourself. Your whole Satyr persona is pathetic, you probably began honestly but you are now apparantly too emotional to stand other people let alone engage in philosophical discussions...
True I can barely stand people, especially people like you.
The rest is you trying to comfort yourself. My wrath is at being dependent on idiots, like you.

Quote :
and you justbrood underneath?
I hide my real reactions.

Quote :
It's not suprising you;re easy going... you despise everyone around you, perhaps because you do nothing to change things...
Ha...Not everyone, you simpleton...that's you projecting again.
Most....you included. Your kind. Your type.
Self-righteous, delusional, hypocrites, like you.

Quote :
i'm not sure yet, you're always too defensive to have a clear discussion...
Is anything I've said not clear?

Quote :
oh heavan forbid i'm condescending... oh no, not condescending...

Get real pussy.
But if I react to it, I am the emotional one, right?

What have you to be condescending about?
Nothing you've posted has been insightful. Just the same old popular conformist shit.
You are a jukebox of mediocrity, playing the same old tunes they programmed into you.

Quote :
nope blue, and you have put fourth no "perceptions" for me to cast anything on, and i havn't incinuated much beyond motives for insults...
Yes...and I'm supposed to take your little stabs in the dark.

Quote :
dead end again i'm afraid dear boy, how can i be a hippocrit by not challenging your "perceptions of reality" when all i've done is incinuate that your emotions lead you to insult people and ignore other in arguments.
Attacking the source and not the idea.
Typical...and I'm supposed to reply with respect, right?

Even if your judgments are pathetic, is not the intent more insulting?
If a child attacks me with a toy knife, it is harmless but is not its intention troubling?

Quote :
Bring up a subject and i'd be glad to, but you "disrespect" me so much that you would find it a mental chore and will therefore come up with another insult to side track us deeper into your judgements of my personal character and give me a chance to further my incinuations about your reasons for insulting me, again.
Try one of the many I've posted.

Quote :
haha, and you are the top intellectual there to define everyone beneath you?
Let's start with the basics and work ourselves up:
Is the world full of morons?
Are you not a part of a majority?

Quote :
and what if you encounter someone intellectually above you and you misunderstand them, do you classify them as stupid in your arrogance? yes...
Nope.

Quote :
discontent is a necessity to feel content.
Thank you brilliant mind.

Quote :
contentment comes from the satisfaction of a need, and is temporary...
Very good, carry on.

Quote :
I get my contentment from the real world, and you get yours by complaining on internet philosophy forums...
Oh shit...and you were doing so well.

And you know this how?
Are we not both on the internet and in the real world?
What makes you flatter yourself so, when you cannot see the real world as it is?

Quote :
You are here for pleasure remember? contentment; an ease of frustration...

your coping mechanism is just lazy...
Another insult.
I should swallow it, right?

There's nothing lazier than an imbecile trying to justify his own inadequacy by casting down what he cannot comprehend.

You deserve respect?

Quote :
If i did not know better, this continual reditect might indicate that i am on the right track in discussing your egocentrism versus your attitude in debates...
Did I deny my ego?
It is an insult only for your kind that have been taught, from an early age, to defer your will to another.

The "right track"...idiot? You are on the track I am putting you on.

It is your kind that uses ego as an insult and then denies the ego that motivates them....self-righteous, self-delusion.

Not only am I egotistical but also selfish and arrogant and elitist and sexist and racist and discriminating.
Let us proceed by you explaining to me how you are not any of these or how these words have come to be considered insults and why?

Quote :
well i know it to be innacurate.
You "know it"? Is that an objective judgment or how you wish it is?

Quote :
Half the things you claim about me are defensive insults to incinuatory questions...
That's not an argument, that's a redirection.

Are you not stunted intellectually?
Is not civilization a process of domestication, a maintenance of the mind in a state of adolescence - feminine?

Quote :
If i suggested that you are mentally ill, you would say "and ohhh, like you are some mentally fit hot shot", you would be mopre creative mind you and the context would be different, but if you're now trying to drag me down with you it wont work.
But I have an entire thesis dedicated to why I consider your kind mentally stunted and why it is so and how it is produced and maintained...whereas you only have your emotional reactions to support your subjective denials.

And I'm supposed to resepct YOU?

Quote :
if you need stress to eliminate boredom, perhaps the right amount of stress traded for the right amount of pleasure, some sort of balance, some sort of modest struggle or something, might just cause someone to not only be content, but thankful for life.
I am not thankful for life?
Who the hell are you talking to the demented idiot McMiserable?

I will not blind my self to reality to cope with it. My contentment is a product of acceptance not of denial and hiding.

I love life. It makes me possible.
It is humans, like you, that I despise.
Your threat is in your simplicity and in your numbers. One on one you are nothing but weaklings.

Quote :
Eternal happiness doesn't exist, but regular happiness does. Even if it is only found in ignorance, happiness is a chemical feeling and emotion just like PAIN. Pleasure and pain are not logical necessary outcomes of our existence, they are arbitrary adaptive mechanisms designed to make us expand.
You simpleton, need is the state of the human condition.
It is how entropy is interpreted by a living organism.

Suffering is but its extreme.
Pleasure, you fool, is a negative sensation. A momentary numbness to the normal state of awareness.
A momentary relief, before a new need takes its place in our consciuosness.

Your body is continuously feeding, breathing, hydrating, defending itself...even though you are unconscious of it.

It is constantly under varying degrees of stress.
Your reaction or consciuosness of it is determined by the level of stress, suffering, need and your available energies (strength) to deal with them.

Quote :
Humans are happy when they are creating something, working for something. Pain is a necessary motivator just as pleasure is a necessary motivator.
No shit.

Quote :
With no pain we would do nothing, with no pleasure we would commit suicide.

People who cannot achieve a balance of the two i really do pity.
Did I not tell you this, way back when you were denying it?

Quote :
you have vanquished me through and through, now all you have to do is keep repeating that and one day people might believe you...
Vanquish you?
All I want is to play with you.

Why would I cause you harm when you come begging for my attentions?

Quote :
Well i came here looking to provoke you, not to attack you, remember?
Yes, the underlying motive, idiot...the hidden spark.

Quote :
It's you who are threatened by me.
Ha!!!
This must be true....it is too absurd to be anything else.

You are truly intimidating.
I don't know why, you have no ideas that are remotely anything, but....whatever.
It must be your happiness that threatens me.

You know, when idiots say shit like this and I respond, then that just makes them look for new excuses to hide how pathetic they are.

Quote :
That much is abundantly clear my friend, and no amount of casual insults, no matter how creative, can distract me from the simple facts of this thread; you made this thread in some sadistic and desperate attempt to make yourself happy
Yes... my happiness is what I most care about.

Quote :
p.s, never got past the first sentence in your feminization of man thread, nor any other of your essays... I have confronted you on a situational basis, mostly pertaining to your sexist attitude toward women.
Then you truly know what you are talking about.

If you only knew.

I can't be blamed for your cultural mythologies and current beliefs.

THAT is why you are retarded.

Quote :
that's so cliché

the jealous failure...
Jealousy implies that you are succesful....are you?
At what?

Quote :
In a fit of rage you dream of destroying that which you envy... You are more like Aidan than i thought...
That which contains me.

There is nothing about you I envy.

I know nothing about you, to begin with, except that you posses a very simple mind.

Usually those who accuse others of envy are seeking it as a validation of their worth, and hiding their own envy of others.

You are enviable?
What part, your stupidity?

I knew you came here looking for something.

Quote :
first you're content, then you're discontent.. well what is it?
You think in absolutes.
I am content in all things except my freedom....I want more of it.

Quote :
mid life crisis? spiraling nihilism and depression?
Take your choice...whatever flatters you and explains me away.

How about suicidal?

Quote :
Que sera sera
You are so precious.
Did you find relief yet?
Back to top Go down
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:16 pm

let's try quality over quantity.

How can pain and discontent exist where content and pleasure, i.e happiness, cannot?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:28 am

wonderer wrote:

How can pain and discontent exist where content and pleasure, i.e happiness, cannot?
Huh?

Life requires effort....constant effort....as light requires energy.

Entropy is an increase in fragmentation, disordering, which life, as ordering, resists.

This resistance is need/suffering.
Pleasure is the momentary alleviation, not eradication but minimization, of one need, making it so slight that it falls out of conscious awareness.

This reprieve is short lived, as another pressing need takes its place, because the mind evolved to meet these needs.

So, life is a resistance to the flux, a momentary distinction, an exception. A pocket of attempted ordering in the cosntant flow of disordering, which constitutes our temporal direction.

Life interprets this flow as need/suffering, feeling this resistance to it, as increased suffering.
Ergo a surrender, a nihilistic acceptance, is senses as a relief; the elimination of consciousness of the resistance.

Pleasure, as was noted, is a negation of this; a temporary flooding of the mind, a distraction from consciuosness - orgasmic ecstasy when extreme.

This momentary distraction away from the consciuosness of existence is felt as relief...just as death is a relief from the awareness of flow - non-resistance.
Back to top Go down
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Satyr wrote:
wonderer wrote:

Huh?

Life requires effort....constant effort....as light requires energy.

Entropy is an increase in fragmentation, disordering, which life, as ordering, resists.

Pleasure is the momentary alleviation, not eradication but minimization, of one need, making it so slight that it falls out of conscious awareness.

This reprieve is short lived, as another pressing need takes its place, because the mind evolved to meet these needs.

So, life is a resistance to the flux, a momentary distinction, an exception. A pocket of attempted ordering in the cosntant flow of disordering, which constitutes our temporal direction.

Life interprets this flow as need/suffering, feeling this resistance to it, as increased suffering.
Ergo a surrender, a nihilistic acceptance, is senses as a relief; the elimination of consciousness of the resistance.

Pleasure, as was noted, is a negation of this; a temporary flooding of the mind, a distraction from consciuosness - orgasmic ecstasy when extreme.

This momentary distraction away from the consciuosness of existence is felt as relief...just as death is a relief from the awareness of flow - non-resistance.

And if the moments of ecstasy outweigh the suffering and the need?

then what, is life worth living?

I do not exist in a oconstant state of displeasure dotted wiith moments of pleasure. Most of the time i am in a neutral mood and in my opinion i experience more pleasure than pain.

Basically you look at life as a protest of disorder (i would say it's a protest of order) and that that out maintaining this order is the struggle which creates the flux or flow or whatever of suffering.

Is the universe heading toward order? is the universe heading toward order? what's the difference?

Is wht we protect through resistance worth it?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:39 pm

wonderer wrote:

How many ways can i put it before it seeps through that thickness you call a brain?

Here you are trying to make me make a declaration as to whether the glass is half-full or half-empty.

look around you....What do you see?
Darkness, cold, no life...All these phenomena require no effort.

Those that require effort are the exception.
That is why life is a resistance to this....an exception.
Pleasure is the exception...not the rule...you sickly mind looking for a way out of reality.

The degree that you are affected by this need/suffering is the product of the environmental effects upon you and your energies to cope with them. Your strength, in other words in relation to your particular circumstances.

This is why as you age you become more feeble, attrition, and you suffer more.

Quote :
If you cannot find a reason to, when faced with reality, just as a Christian cannot continue living in a world with no God, then I, certainly cannot and will not help you.

A reason is either given to you, by another, or you create it...you Will it.

Most adopt whatever meaning and purpose they are given by their family, by nature, by society, by culture...some deny all these sources and create their own reasons and purposes and meanings.
The latter being exceptional mnids, creators, artists, thinkers...the former being average mnids, mediocre, the herd.

Quote :
I do not exist in a oconstant state of displeasure dotted wiith moments of pleasure. Most of the time i am in a neutral mood and in my opinion i experience more pleasure than pain.
That's because firstly nature has evolved some clever ways to deal with constant need. The stomach, for example, which stores nourishment and water to continuously feed the hunger. The immune system which is fighting off invasions, as we speak, so effectively that it never registers as discomfort in your consciousness. yuor energies being sufficient to maintain your cohesion.

The other factor, you must consider, is the human environment you exist within. It shelters you, offers you nutrition in abundance, clean water, relative safety, protection from nature...all this for a price...yuor service, your surrender to its premises.
In exchange for its protection it offers you a nice stable, comfortable environment and you are bored....This because the mind has evolved within and for more stressful environments. As a consequence the mind seeks artificial stress,a s in boxing or jumping out of airplanes of movies and exercising etc. ...or mind-numbing devices, like drugs and alcohol and meditation and food and all kinds of hedonism.

Quote :
Basically you look at life as a protest of disorder (i would say it's a protest of order) and that that out maintaining this order is the struggle which creates the flux or flow or whatever of suffering.
You could say whatever you like...if you cannot defend your position with arguments then you are making declarations like McMiserable.

Do not physicists tell you that then universe is in a state of increasing entropy?
You call this order?

You fool, fragmentation is what the body resists...decay, attrition, disordering.

Knowledge is an ordering of information, as is experience.

Quote :
Is the universe heading toward order? is the universe heading toward order? what's the difference?
You mean between saying the exact same thing twice?
None...are you drunk?

The difference between temporal directions is that one allows for life, and the experience of existence, and the other does not.

Quote :
What I do is...I can't say what you protect or if it is worth it.
Is not nihilism so prevelent that McMiserable represents an honest expression of what most, including you, hide?

You people, over at ILP, tolerated his threats for murder and his constant repetitive whining, because you saw yourselves in him.
The christian masked self-hatred and rejection of existence, as it is. A need to escape it, either through numbness or distraction or stupidity or contrived hope or mindlessness or denial.

Contentment isn't being ignorant...because then it is a false contentment...it is acceptance.

If things were not the way they are...then life and this existence would not be possible.
Back to top Go down
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:21 am

Satyr wrote:
wonderer wrote:

How many ways can i put it before it seeps through that thickness you call a brain?

Here you are trying to make me make a declaration as to whether the glass is half-full or half-empty.
Am i Satyr?

you said the glass was half empty, i asked a QUESTION wondering what things would be like if the glass was half full
Satyr wrote:

look around you....What do you see?
Darkness, cold, no life...All these phenomena require no effort.

Those that require effort are the exception.
That is why life is a resistance to this....an exception.
Pleasure is the exception...not the rule...you sickly mind looking for a way out of reality.
experiencing pain requires teh same amount of energy as experiencing happiness does, physically and biochemically.

It requires some effort to avoid pain, and some effort to find pleasure.

It also takes effort to endure pain, and effort to avoid pleasure.

Beides darkness cold and death i also see light warmth and life.

You want to boil things down to the old glass is half empty/full dissagreement?
Satyr wrote:

The degree that you are affected by this need/suffering is the product of the environmental effects upon you and your energies to cope with them. Your strength, in other words in relation to your particular circumstances.
you're saying our ability/energy pitted against our "need" will determine how much we are affected?

What if there is more strength than need?
Satyr wrote:

This is why as you age you become more feeble, attrition, and you suffer more.
do old people suffer more? sure they have less energy to avoid physical pain, but does that mean they are less happy?

As you get odl and feel more pain, is it possible that pleasure becomes more enjoyable in compensation?

You're just like Aidan Satyr, you try and paint this tautological concept of reality where negativity is the end all constant. This concept you've created for yourself is what makes you so irritated when people like me claim to be happy.

Misery seems to love company out of some sort of jealous spiteful sadism, and the petty kicks you ket from insulting the incessant pussies are crumbs compared to worthwhile gains.
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
If you cannot find a reason to, when faced with reality, just as a Christian cannot continue living in a world with no God, then I, certainly cannot and will not help you.

A reason is either given to you, by another, or you create it...you Will it.
what about the persuit of happiness? what do you think of that as a reason to live?
Satyr wrote:

Most adopt whatever meaning and purpose they are given by their family, by nature, by society, by culture...some deny all these sources and create their own reasons and purposes and meanings.
The latter being exceptional mnids, creators, artists, thinkers...the former being average mnids, mediocre, the herd.

Quote :
I do not exist in a constant state of displeasure dotted with moments of pleasure. Most of the time i am in a neutral mood and in my opinion i experience more pleasure than pain.
That's because firstly nature has evolved some clever ways to deal with constant need. The stomach, for example, which stores nourishment and water to continuously feed the hunger. The immune system which is fighting off invasions, as we speak, so effectively that it never registers as discomfort in your consciousness. yuor energies being sufficient to maintain your cohesion.
so if these discomforts are miniscule, why should i care about them?

if i have one substantial pleasure i would tolerate many more of these unoticeable discomforts.
Satyr wrote:

The other factor, you must consider, is the human environment you exist within. It shelters you, offers you nutrition in abundance, clean water, relative safety, protection from nature...all this for a price...yuor service, your surrender to its premises.
In exchange for its protection it offers you a nice stable, comfortable environment and you are bored....This because the mind has evolved within and for more stressful environments. As a consequence the mind seeks artificial stress,a s in boxing or jumping out of airplanes of movies and exercising etc. ...or mind-numbing devices, like drugs and alcohol and meditation and food and all kinds of hedonism.
you know i realized this long ago? that's why i just struggle for real, it's very practical.

Happiness is the only real reason i see to want to exist, without it i doubt humans would have lived to evolve.
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
You could say whatever you like...if you cannot defend your position with arguments then you are making declarations like McMiserable.
well you're arguments are built from statements that simply make my brain hurt when i attempt to descipher them into their intended meanings

for example

"Entropy is an increase in fragmentation, disordering, which life, as ordering, resists.

Pleasure is the momentary alleviation, not eradication but minimization, of one need, making it so slight that it falls out of conscious awareness."

Why can't you just say things in a straightforeward manner?

Let me rephrase things for you so we can understand what you are saying more easily.

"Entropy is disordering and life resists it; life is ordering

Resisting disorder is our need, which unsaitiated creates suffering.

Pleasure is the temporary satiation of need"

The way you worded it you make it seem like we are in constant pain and suffering, and that pleasure simply makes our pain "get real small". I say that is nonsense, pleasure is it's own feeling and does not reduce pain per se. One pain can reduce another. Pain can reduce pleasure. The way teh two interact are not so cut and dry that you can paint pain and suffering out to be the ultimate end all constant of life.

Satyr wrote:

Do not physicists tell you that then universe is in a state of increasing entropy?
You call this order?

You fool, fragmentation is what the body resists...decay, attrition, disordering.

Knowledge is an ordering of information, as is experience.
The way i see it, all the energy in the universe is quickly becoming unuseable. you might call fragmentation disorder, but at what point do these fragments become homogenous? If all matter in the universe was mixed, it would be very orderly. One single substance would be real easy to catalog.

But hey, i'm not a pysicist and this is not really a major part of the discussion concerning happiness, pain and pleasure.
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
You mean between saying the exact same thing twice?
None...are you drunk?

The difference between temporal directions is that one allows for life, and the experience of existence, and the other does not.
yea make one of the orders into disorder, and then reanswer my question.

The way i see it order and disorder can be the same things save for the presence of understanding.
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
What I do is...I can't say what you protect or if it is worth it.
Is not nihilism so prevelent that McMiserable represents an honest expression of what most, including you, hide?
oh don't go there.

Going to start calling me a liar?

If everyone on the earth is a scared child hiding from their own brains then why don't we act like it?

why is it if you tried to tell a non intellectual your theories about happiness they would laugh and walk away?

Why would i bother to sit here typing on my computer if i did not have worthwhile reasons to do so?

I'm alleviating mostly boredom right now, in order to create pleasure and "be happy".

you're here for similar reasons, but they are a bit different. you get pleasure out of makin fun of people, and besides the alleviation of boredom, you use the internet as a mechanism to cope with your own discontent, even if it's just by reliving tension through complaint.

It's always with the hating with you and Mcmiserable. Always saying things about the greater populace and that we're "hiding".

When are you going to realize your just pointing at yourself?

Satyr wrote:

You people, over at ILP, tolerated his threats for murder and his constant repetitive whining, because you saw yourselves in him.
correction, i tolerated his insults and threats, because i was partially responsible for provoking them.

Are you resentful for him not being banned and you being banned?

The difference between Aidans insults and yours is that while his are made in agony, yours are crafted with joy. Aidan insults for pleasure too, but less often than you do. Most of the time he is genuinely offended when he insults, and can otherwise carry on a respectful conversation. Your insults are a staple in your converations and they only ever degrade your opponents, making them look stupid and foolish. Your mere casual insults are so profuse that most people don;t bother finishing a discussion or replying, which is probably while you've latched onto that strategy so much.

I knew what i was doing when engaging Aidan, someone who can be wholly irrational. Perhaps it was because i saw myself in him, but if i did it was a younger me, because i pitied Aidan. I genuinely tried to help him, and i enjoyed the experience.

Aidan completes me in a similar way you do. You give me an opponent, a challenge.

When people like you are around, my intellect can become useful in opposition.

And no i don't look for arguments for arguments sake, i only make arguments i personally support.

Call me a deluded childish pathetic cowardly drunk moronic lying gnat of fallacies and improper logic, but i'm used to it by now, so it might not get to me...
Satyr wrote:

The christian masked self-hatred and rejection of existence, as it is. A need to escape it, either through numbness or distraction or stupidity or contrived hope or mindlessness or denial.

Contentment isn't being ignorant...because then it is a false contentment...it is acceptance.
to accept: to approve, to recieve willingly, to make a favorable response to.. etc..

Contentment is now a useless word, and let's all worship acceptance as the new word...

Comon Satyr, you're depressing yourself with emotional sophistry.

So in order to be happy in life, you ahve to realize that you cannot have everything you want... DARN...
Satyr wrote:

If things were not the way they are...then life and this existence would not be possible.

You know more about yorself than you do others, and there are differences.

Embrace them?

Instead of being cynical and whiney about the struggle, how about embracing it?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:33 pm

wonderer wrote:
Am i Satyr?
Yes.

Quote :
you said the glass was half empty, i asked a QUESTION wondering what things would be like if the glass was half full
We can never know because life would be superfluous then.

If entropy were decreasing, ordering, then a resistance to it, a distinction, would be a disordering....and so experience, knowledge and genetics would be contradicted.

The universe id dead, except for some tiny exceptions.
The universe is dark, with some few pockets of slowly diminishing light.
The universe is cold, except....you can guess the rest.

Quote :
experiencing pain requires teh same amount of energy as experiencing happiness does, physically and biochemically.
Huh?
The analysis and interpretation, yes, the cause no.

Entropy, deterioration, death, happens with no effort. resistance to it, takes effort.

The awareness takes energy, yes.
Do you know why, simpleton?
Because awareness, consciousness is a tool of resistance. It helps focus the organism's energies.
There's no transcendence involved...it's only a survival mechanism.

Quote :
Avoid pain...find pleasure?
What a tautological pile of shit.

How about find light and avoiding darkness?
I know, avoiding death and finding life.

Simpleton, avoiding death is life.
Resisting death is what life IS!!!
Have you been following? Nope.

Quote :
Why would anyone avoid pleasure when just sitting around does it?

Quote :
Beides darkness cold and death i also see light warmth and life.
So do I.

Quote :
No, I want to point out what a remarkable exception life is and what are its characteristics.

Deluding my self, as you have yourself, to find bliss in ignorance, does not suffice for me.

Above happiness, the myth, I place reality.
I can find bliss in stupidity, in drugs in the belief in absurd myths, I refuse to comfort my self in such weak and childish ways....but you can continue to promote them if you wish.

Quote :
you're saying our ability/energy pitted against our "need" will determine how much we are affected?
If you don't understand reread it. I'm not going to waste more time on you.

I think I was very clear.

Quote :
Just this sentence proves that you haven't understood a single thing I've said.

What can I say?
At this point I usually lash out in frustration, but I made a New Year's Resolution.

Listen, thinking isn't for you. Go back to ILP with your friends and discuss about how happy you all are and how sad some people are, and how wonderfully well-adjusted and healthy you all are, and how unable to adjust and dysfunctional some are.

Frankly, you and i are on different levels.
I can't talk down to you anymore. I've repeated this stuff about a hundred times, to the same people.
I can't help you anymore....just say that I don't know what I am talking about and that I'm a pessimist and move on.

Quote :
do old people suffer more? sure they have less energy to avoid physical pain, but does that mean they are less happy?
I think I've answered these questions, especially the 'happy' part.

Quote :
As you get odl and feel more pain, is it possible that pleasure becomes more enjoyable in compensation?
It is.

Quote :
You're just like Aidan Satyr, you try and paint this tautological concept of reality where negativity is the end all constant. This concept you've created for yourself is what makes you so irritated when people like me claim to be happy.
That alone shows how little you've understood.

I'm telling you life is wonderful and worth living...but I also refuse to blind myself to its reality.

If you cannot see how this exception in the dead cosmos makes it all the more precious, then I pity you.
That you need to blind yourself to the world to cope with it, is your problem, not mine.
I can tolerate the pain of truth...can you?

Quote :
Misery seems to love company out of some sort of jealous spiteful sadism, and the petty kicks you ket from insulting the incessant pussies are crumbs compared to worthwhile gains.
and yet, I love me, I love life and I'm quite content.

Move on, little brain...

Quote :
what about the persuit of happiness? what do you think of that as a reason to live?
Happiness is the momentary feeling of satisfying a need.

Which need needs satisfying in you?
What makes you happy, well except deluding yourself and regurgitating cultural, popular "truisms"??

What if what makes someone happy is raping your daughter?

Quote :
you want me to give you another reason to remain obtuse?

I think you have constructed enough of them, don't you?
If remaining ignorant to what does not affect you immediately makes you happy, then go for it...be careful it does not come back to haunt you on some future date.

Jeez, simpleton, if all you want to do is be happy, then follow Smears and get high on whatever you want to....I', more interested in exploring reality, even when it does not make me happy.

We have difference motives, ideals and principles.
I seek enlightenment, self-improvement, exploring reality even when it hurts me, and you seek hedonistic inebriation.

Be lucky that you live in a system that depends on stupidity and rewards it with immediate gratification.
live like an animal...

Why, the fuck, would I care?

What did I say in my The Feminization of Man?
You are a prime example of the modern 'man" I describe.

It's like I'm telling you that overeating is going to kill you and that the pleasure you get from it is due to your programming, your instincts, and the effects of chemicals in your brain, and that you eat because you lack and when you eat you are never fully fulfilled and you retort:

"What a negative cynic you are? What if I want to lie here and feel the pleasure of eating?"

and i tell yuo:

'Yeah, but if you suffer, you exercise, you may enjoy more of life, see that life is suffering, interrupted by moments of pleasure."

And you say:

"You hate life!"

Shit, dufus, I'm done with you.

If telling a drug addict that he must learn to cope with existence, because it is a response to entropy and this means it is cosntant need/suffering is me hating life...then so be it...go away.

I'm losing interest.

Quote :
well you're arguments are built from statements that simply make my brain hurt when i attempt to descipher them into their intended meanings

for example

"Entropy is an increase in fragmentation, disordering, which life, as ordering, resists.

Pleasure is the momentary alleviation, not eradication but minimization, of one need, making it so slight that it falls out of conscious awareness."

Let me rephrase things for you so we can understand what you are saying more easily.

The way you worded it you make it seem like we are in constant pain and suffering, and that pleasure simply makes our pain "get real small". I say that is nonsense, pleasure is it's own feeling and does not reduce pain per se. One pain can reduce another. Pain can reduce pleasure. The way teh two interact are not so cut and dry that you can paint pain and suffering out to be the ultimate end all constant of life.
I can't help you with your delusions. You need them.

Funny thing is that you sense the truth in the fact that need is constant and suffering, being a degree of it - need left unsatisfied - is what life is.
That's where strength, power, or a degree of weakness, becomes so relevant to human existence.

You sense it but you just can't bring yourself to be conscious of it or accept it. It ruins the movie, for you. You don't want to think how the movie is made...you just want to get lost in it.
Hedonism is attractive.

Thing is suffering just happens...no effort necessary.
Sit down, do not eat or drink or move and see how fast you become uncomfortable and then you begin to hurt.
But if you want to satisfy the need, the hunger, the thirst, you must get up, hunt or go down to the river or to the sink...pleasure takes effort...that's why it is an exception....like light, heat, life.

The interpretation of the hunger, yes takes some energy...impulses in the brain and the such...but the cause does not.

This is time...you simpleton. It just happens. Resisting it, takes effort.
Life being a resistance to dying.
Time, a measurment of entropy.

This does not mean I hate life, like Mcmiserable does, or my self....this means i accept the challenge and the costs because the experience matters to me. I matter to me.

Quote :

oh don't go there.

If everyone on the earth is a scared child hiding from their own brains then why don't we act like it?
You do!!!

The recent economic crisis was caused my infantile mnids that cannot live within their means and that have to be told how to budget themselves.
That is a child's mind!!!!

A child believes in Santa....adult children in God.

Quote :
why is it if you tried to tell a non intellectual your theories about happiness they would laugh and walk away?
ummm because he's a non-intellectual ignorantly blissful?

Would not a Christian do the same if you told him his absurd religion is a myth?

Quote :
Why would i bother to sit here typing on my computer if i did not have worthwhile reasons to do so?
You do....and I know them.

A splinter in the mind's eye.
You just can't get rid of it by accusing me of fear and with these pitiful challenges.

Quote :
I'm alleviating mostly boredom right now, in order to create pleasure and "be happy".
See how wonderfully you comfort yourself?

Quote :
Are you resentful for him not being banned and you being banned?
Not really, but it is an interesting sociological phenomenon.
Herd dynamics.

I wanted to point it out.

Quote :
The difference between Aidans insults and yours is that while his are made in agony, yours are crafted with joy. Aidan insults for pleasure too, but less often than you do. Most of the time he is genuinely offended when he insults, and can otherwise carry on a respectful conversation. Your insults are a staple in your converations and they only ever degrade your opponents, making them look stupid and foolish. Your mere casual insults are so profuse that most people don;t bother finishing a discussion or replying, which is probably while you've latched onto that strategy so much.
You can dismiss me any way you like.

My insults were always directed towards those that insinuated personal things about me, and never dealt with the ideas expressed.
But whatever.

Quote :
I knew what i was doing when engaging Aidan, someone who can be wholly irrational. Perhaps it was because i saw myself in him, but if i did it was a younger me, because i pitied Aidan. I genuinely tried to help him, and i enjoyed the experience.

Aidan completes me in a similar way you do. You give me an opponent, a challenge.

And here you are...trying to flex that little muscle into somehting formidable...and what do you do?
you repeat the current popular beliefs of your time and place.

Congratulations....you are mediocre.

THAT, was not intended to be an insult....something that escapes your mind...it is an honest assessment of a common mind.
If it insults you or not, is besides the point, for me.

I am here to express my honest opinions directly. If some cannot tolerate them or try to dismiss them by projecting psychobabble to dismiss them, or if it gets me banned, that too is besides the point.

I am exploring the human condition...the modern one...and mediocrity and stupidity are a major part of this modern human condition, as I've indicated in my essay...explaining the reasons why and how.

When I call someone a retard it isn't intended to hurt -although that is an added benefit - but it is an honest and direct assessment of a mind living in sheltered environments and stunted by having little experience with suffering and danger.
Like domesticated animals it cannot live in the brutal wilds of reality. It is now addicted to the sheltering comforts of the farm.
Do you follow the metaphor?
It then deifies the farmer, turns its weakness into a virtue and despises anyone that reminds it that life, out there, real life, is cruel, and brutal and that it takes strength to endure it and that need/suffering can either be dealt with immediately or postponed...it cannot be avoided.
Such is life!!!

Shall I turn it into a comforting fairytale for your infantile ears?
Does the truth make life unpalatable for you?
Not for me....for me the truth makes life all the more wonderful.

Quote :
Contentment is now a useless word, and let's all worship acceptance as the new word...

...give me the wisdom to accept what I cannot change...even the ?bible, if not taken literally, contains wisdom.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:02 pm

Quote :
So in order to be happy in life, you ahve to realize that you cannot have everything you want... DARN...
Is that not what I've been telling you all along, you simpleton?
Is it not you who is trying to rescue your delusions from the jaws of enlightenment?

Sorry, not all are born intelligent...DARN!!!

Sorry, life is need/suffering, DARN!!!!

Sorry, strength is a measurement of need tolerance, DARN!!!!

Sorry, life is an exception not a ubiquitous phenomenon, DARN!!!!

Sorry, life is a slow deterioration towards death, DARN!!!!!

Sorry, the precious makes it all the more precious, DARN!!!!!

Sorry, women and men are not equal in anything, DARN!!!!

Sorry, races exist as evidence of genetic processes towards species creation, DARN!!!!

Sorry, not all men are born with equal potentials in any area, DARN!!!!!

Sorry, existence is a manifestation of flux, temporality, entropy, DARN!!!!

Sorry, consciuosness interprets entropy as need/suffering and resits it by feeding on other organisms, never fully fulfilling the hunger because entropy has no ceased it has only been abated for a time, the stomach filled with the necessary replacement energies to continue the resistance, DARN!!!!

Sorry, the above cannot be avoided by denying it or ignoring it; offer arguments to challenge it or shut the fuck up, DARN!!!!

Sorry, ignorance and inebriation using drugs or delusion or religion or meditation, may offer you a brief reprieve but it does not change the fact that reality is hard and it takes a hard, brave mind to deal with it, DARN!!!!

Sorry, sheltering human environments do create stupidity, as a necessary factor, and retardation is this intellectual naivete, DARN!!!!

Sorry, if you do not love life, as it is, but rather as what you hope it is or would like it to be, then you do not love life, but you DO love your imagination, DARN!!!!

Quote :
I embrace it completely.
Especially the parts that dissatisfy me and cause me stress because it is easy to embrace the delusions and all the naive positivity you imagine to cope...far more difficult to embrace what does not flatter you or make you feel safe.

This is my last response to you on this subject.
Back to top Go down
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:23 pm

Satyr wrote:

We can never know because life would be superfluous then.

If entropy were decreasing, ordering, then a resistance to it, a distinction, would be a disordering....and so experience, knowledge and genetics would be contradicted.
if life were superfluous... let's think about that...

Imagine if life wasn't in need, that it had abundance...

How much would that take? How much of what?

Are your needs infinite? Are your desires infinite?

Does your greed control you?

Entropy has nothing to do with the neuro chemical states of mind of sentient beings existing like a chemical reactions in an incomprehensible universe.

If we rot where we stand we might still be happy. Some people avoid darkness, some people learn to enjoy darkness, some people learn to tolerate it.

Some people yell and scream to draw attention and be comforted and reassured.
Satyr wrote:

The universe id dead, except for some tiny exceptions.
The universe is dark, with some few pockets of slowly diminishing light.
The universe is cold, except....you can guess the rest.

Death is comming... imagine that we are walking along the train tracks of life, and somewhere far off there is a locomotive charging toawrd us, which will inevitably kill us.

Now imagine that this train is 20, 30, 40 or 50 years off...

Are you seriously afraid of this train? will you scream and point? will you curl up in a ball and stop walking the tracks? will you give up and be miserable out of worry fear and regret?

When you first learned of this train, was that when you decided life was a dragon?

Even Aidan admitted he was happy as a child, he blamed it on ignorance, i blamed his current unhappyness on his LACK OF A SPINE.

When you start nearing death you'll regret wasting so much time in the whimpering half life that you fancy an intellectual persuit.

The only path you can forsake is your own. The universe is this, the universe is that. yata yata yata, bull shit. This repetitive irrelevant nonsense is the emotional contruct which pervades your conclusions concerning life... concerning your life...

Satyr wrote:

Quote :
Huh?
The analysis and interpretation, yes, the cause no.

Entropy, deterioration, death, happens with no effort. resistance to it, takes effort.

The awareness takes energy, yes.
the cause?

what causes?

that crap about the universe being cold and dark?

can't death be a good thing? can't death be desireable?

Does age have to cause pain? Does pain have to cause unhappiness?

We have evolved to be happy with the flow. There comes a time in our lives where we rebel against this flow, and that rebellion, our ordering, is how we propagate ourselves. There is no meaning our purpose beyond propagation, and our states of mind are utterly arbitrary.

In fact, food didn't always make us happy, just the ones who enjoyed eating tend to survive better.
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
Avoid pain...find pleasure?
What a tautological pile of shit.

How about find light and avoiding darkness?
I know, avoiding death and finding life.

Simpleton, avoiding death is life.
What reason is there to avoid death?

Got something to lose?

Satyr wrote:

Quote :
Why would anyone avoid pleasure when just sitting around does it?
ever resist some sort of temptation?

Satyr wrote:

Quote :
No, I want to point out what a remarkable exception life is and what are its characteristics.

Deluding my self, as you have yourself, to find bliss in ignorance, does not suffice for me.

Above happiness, the myth, I place reality.
I can find bliss in stupidity, in drugs in the belief in absurd myths, I refuse to comfort my self in such weak and childish ways....but you can continue to promote them if you wish.
In some sort of way, allowing yourself to not be distracted from the big bad train somehow gives you a sense of pride, a sense of strength, which is a far more pathetic coping mechanism than my own.

I have two main beliefs which enable me to "find bliss".

Here's a quote echoed by an interesting guy

"Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth."
Christopher McCandless

How do you feel about that? you agree wholeheartedly right?

Some part of my wants to agree, perhaps my curiosity...

Without love, or comfort, or any of the good things in life, what value does truth have?

(unless it makes you God of course)

(which leads me back to, are your needs and desires infinite?)

(if so; pity No )
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
Just this sentence proves that you haven't understood a single thing I've said.

What can I say?
At this point I usually lash out in frustration, but I made a New Year's Resolution.

Listen, thinking isn't for you. Go back to ILP with your friends and discuss about how happy you all are and how sad some people are, and how wonderfully well-adjusted and healthy you all are, and how unable to adjust and dysfunctional some are.

Frankly, you and i are on different levels.
I can't talk down to you anymore. I've repeated this stuff about a hundred times, to the same people.
I can't help you anymore....just say that I don't know what I am talking about and that I'm a pessimist and move on.

You've only ever talked down. You don't take me seriously...

I'll continue to ask questions and point out fallacies and your own self delusions and you will talk down to me in protest to divert attention.

I havn't confronted you directly for long so I don't know how long you can keep the denial going. The emotional tripe about the universe being dark and cold and dead are clearly the product of your personal emotional anguish.

It's ironic that you claim to have not been insulting, and i will say that you have been less vulgar with your insults, but you have been insulting me all the while, and to pretend otherwise is more self delusion. Are you unable to make a response to a "logical criticism"? let's say like some sort of inconsistency between what you claim about the universe and the actual universe itself? let's say like the fact that you claim life is a slow painful flaring resistance before snuffed out, which is doomed to failure, when in actual fact the universe doesn't care, there is nothing to fail at, and the only perspective that affects this pathetic flaring against the grain is its own perspective.

You see a burnt match, i see fireworks.

You see an inevitable failure, and i see a soaring success.

Whose tautological bull shit is more convincing, yours or mine?
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
I think I've answered these questions, especially the 'happy' part.
you said it was a myth and not much else.

good job Satyr, you're doing such a good job of making a fool of some pussy less than half your age...

Maybe your just getting slow with age, maybe your brain is deteriorating?

This is fun, how much longer can your resolution last?
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
It is.
then why does pain have to be an issue when happiness comes more valueable as less becomes available.

I like to think that we all have the chemicals within us to be happy, we just need to trigger them, but that aside, slaves appreciate life more than lords do.

But oh, happiness is a myth... according to you... because entropy... and deterioration... and resistance, and ordering resisting the disorder, and because i dont want to die, oh God i don't want to die.

Why should the train bother me, Am i stupid?

Satyr wrote:

Quote :
That alone shows how little you've understood.

I'm telling you life is wonderful and worth living...but I also refuse to blind myself to its reality.

If you cannot see how this exception in the dead cosmos makes it all the more precious, then I pity you.
That you need to blind yourself to the world to cope with it, is your problem, not mine.
I can tolerate the pain of truth...can you?
so life is wonderful and worth living, yet happiness is a myth, the universe is mostly dark dead and cold, life is inevitably pain, and your main source of enjoyment is releasing your frustration in online internet forums?

Perhaps now is ee your superiority complex in full view. You believe that you can tolerate the truth (as per the self pride thing, y'know egocentrism), and you believe that we avoid truth, which makes us beneath you.

What truth do we hide from? that we will die? That's the truth that you claim to be "tolerating"... I mean comon Satyr, your own situation is glorified neurosis. What truth do we hide from? the truth in your essays about how men are becoming like women and how that is tragic? I've never bothered to read them, so enlighten me, what truth to we hide from?

Is it that the universe is harsh and meaningless? So we delude ourselves to believe otherwise?

If we are happy and comfortable, where is the harshness?

If we are content and satisfied, where is the meaninglessness?

your emotional opinions are not "the truth" of anything except the poor condition of your own life.

Satyr wrote:

Quote :
and yet, I love me, I love life and I'm quite content.

Move on, little brain...
o.k o.k, so while happiness is a myth and we are all delusional, you are happy in some sort of righteous way?

i can imagine your response.

"no no i never said happy, i said i love life and am content"

and then i will reply,

"what happened to that bull shit about inevitable discontent?"

may i present Satyr on contentment

Quote :

To be conscious is to be discontent, according to entropy right? so what are you talking about?

got some sort of story to tell concerning your own personal enlightenment and subsequent reward of happiness for your superiority?

a fanciful delusion...
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
Happiness is the momentary feeling of satisfying a need.

Which need needs satisfying in you?
What makes you happy, well except deluding yourself and regurgitating cultural, popular "truisms"??

What if what makes someone happy is raping your daughter?
well it makes me happy to hurt that person, so may the most cunning win.

cultural truisms? i suppose that's a compliment from someone who regurgitates their own brand of sadistic cynial hatred.

I don't have needs, i have wants. Anything i get is a bonus.
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
you want me to give you another reason to remain obtuse?

I think you have constructed enough of them, don't you?
If remaining ignorant to what does not affect you immediately makes you happy, then go for it...be careful it does not come back to haunt you on some future date.
the train?

I have planned for the train long ago, it is you who dwells on the train.

I plan to run along the tracks until i can run no longer, and then patiently wait for the train to run me down.

It might even be exciting.
Satyr wrote:

Jeez, simpleton, if all you want to do is be happy, then follow Smears and get high on whatever you want to....I', more interested in exploring reality, even when it does not make me happy.

We have difference motives, ideals and principles.
I seek enlightenment, self-improvement, exploring reality even when it hurts me, and you seek hedonistic inebriation.

Be lucky that you live in a system that depends on stupidity and rewards it with immediate gratification.
live like an animal...

Why, the fuck, would I care?

What did I say in my The Feminization of Man?
You are a prime example of the modern 'man" I describe.

It's like I'm telling you that overeating is going to kill you and that the pleasure you get from it is due to your programming, your instincts, and the effects of chemicals in your brain, and that you eat because you lack and when you eat you are never fully fulfilled and you retort:

"What a negative cynic you are? What if I want to lie here and feel the pleasure of eating?"

and i tell yuo:

'Yeah, but if you suffer, you exercise, you may enjoy more of life, see that life is suffering, interrupted by moments of pleasure."

And you say:

"You hate life!"

Shit, dufus, I'm done with you.
here's what happened from my point of view

S: you're a pussy

W: why do you say that

S: because you hide from the truth like the pussy you are, you are pathetic and stupid and i just plain don't like you.

W: Why so angry, why do you hate me

S: because you and the billions of you all, who i hate, cause me problems.

W: so you make yourself happy by releasing frustration over the interent?

S: yes

W: isn't that kind of pathetic? I mean, why not deal with your problems directly?

S: because the universe is dark cold and dead and pain and entropy are out to get you any anynoe who doesn't face up to that, admit it publicly and agree with my essays such as "the pussification of man", kiss my ass a bit, and i will declare you enlightened and of sane mind.

Because you have to be like me, you're just deluding yourself with drugs and ignorance, you ignorant whore. I promised myself not to degrade you, so i wont, you piece of shit.

Did i mention that i am content with life? did i mention i love life? Did i mention contentment is a momentary distraction from consciousness?

did i mention happiness is a myth? did i mention life is worth living but i have to complain about it online every night?

did i mention that you hide from reality while i embrace it?

Well where do you stand Satyr, speak up.

Am i the hedonistic ignorant fool while you are the mentally stable scholar?

oh man that's a funny thought...

Last edited by wonderer on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:24 pm

Satyr wrote:

If telling a drug addict that he must learn to cope with existence, because it is a response to entropy and this means it is cosntant need/suffering is me hating life...then so be it...go away.

I'm losing interest.
coping?

Remember when you called me a doofus because i said you don't enjoy your life? that was just as retarded as you telling me i need new ways to cope with life.

Do i hide from reality? Bull shit, you talk about the cold dark reality like it's some gauntlet and then claim to have mastered it.

You're selling the shit straight from your ass, and you do it well (well enough to entertain). Why does nobody nother to buy your shit? are you the misunderstood genius?

What have you mastered? your own neurosis?
Satyr wrote:

Quote :

for example

I can't help you with your delusions. You need them.

Funny thing is that you sense the truth in the fact that need is constant and suffering, being a degree of it - need left unsatisfied - is what life is.
That's where strength, power, or a degree of weakness, becomes so relevant to human existence.
and that's where you have no experience. You have no expereince surviving on your own.

What do you have to fear, what do you have to do? what is your purpose now that your life was shaped into success with a cookie cutter?

Life is needs satisfied. There are no needs beyond desires. Desires need no be based on anything.

you have your tautological claims, and i have mine. you call my idea that life isn;t so bad a delusion and i call your idea that you are the second comming of jesus to have overcome the truth and still be here to grace us with your intellect.

You are whiney and sadistic, you cope just as absurdly as a heroine addict.
Satyr wrote:

You sense it but you just can't bring yourself to be conscious of it or accept it. It ruins the movie, for you. You don't want to think how the movie is made...you just want to get lost in it.
Hedonism is attractive.
projections perhaps?
Satyr wrote:

Thing is suffering just happens...no effort necessary.
Sit down, do not eat or drink or move and see how fast you become uncomfortable and then you begin to hurt.
But if you want to satisfy the need, the hunger, the thirst, you must get up, hunt or go down to the river or to the sink...pleasure takes effort...that's why it is an exception....like light, heat, life.
why is discomfort such a bad thing?

does it not enhance pleasure? is pleasure not worth the price?

you're trying to tell me i delude myself into happiness by avoiding conceptions of life like "pain and suffering dominate" which i fear when you think you;re poking at me like some monkey in a cage from your positionn of enlightenment.

How's the weather up there Satyr? Are you happy?

no wait it's a myth

Still worried about that death thing?
Satyr wrote:

The interpretation of the hunger, yes takes some energy...impulses in the brain and the such...but the cause does not.

This is time...you simpleton. It just happens. Resisting it, takes effort.
Life being a resistance to dying.
Time, a measurment of entropy.

This does not mean I hate life, like Mcmiserable does, or my self....this means i accept the challenge and the costs because the experience matters to me. I matter to me.
all well and good, and why cannot other people accept this challenge without thinking that it is a great challenge?

you say i hide by avoiding the challenge when there is no challenge to be had.

You convince yourself you are a success, and fortify that with the sadistic pleasure you get from looking down on people in order to deal with your own fear of death and general dissatisfaction with life.

First you say discontent is as inevitable as entropy (actually saying they are the same thing, but let's not get sciency), and that happiness is a myth. Then when i point out how pathetic you are for believing that and being reduced to getting your kicks via internet insults, you envoke the old "but i acept the challenge, because i matter to me" tripe.

So can you beat your own tautological statement that entropy is disorder, and that you will eventually give in? ...

How does that make you feel? Laughing
Satyr wrote:

Quote :

oh don't go there.

You do!!!

The recent economic crisis was caused my infantile mnids that cannot live within their means and that have to be told how to budget themselves.
That is a child's mind!!!!

A child believes in Santa....adult children in God.
i think many people have irrational beliefs, but this makes them happy and i would not wke them from their dreams.

But this is neither here nor there, am i a liar or not? is that how you will begin to refute my "arbitraty statements"?
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
ummm because he's a non-intellectual ignorantly blissful?

Would not a Christian do the same if you told him his absurd religion is a myth?
how about an intellectual?

they would look at you cockeyed and look for an excuse to leave...

Entropy leading to self delusion to avoid displeasure and achieve a myth of happiness is just a tired argument to make...

It's a common occurance among people who actuall experience great discomfort, but as a response in general to life, you're making generalizations and they are meaningless in our discussion.

let's talk about how uncomfortable life is and how you are content but i'm content because i'm a monkey.

Satyr wrote:

Quote :
You do....and I know them.

A splinter in the mind's eye.
You just can't get rid of it by accusing me of fear and with these pitiful challenges.
It's a gamble to alleviate boredom.
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
See how wonderfully you comfort yourself?
see how you insult me to give yourself pleasure?

see the irony?

Quote :
You can dismiss me any way you like.

My insults were always directed towards those that insinuated personal things about me, and never dealt with the ideas expressed.
But whatever. [/quote] horse shit, you are the most insulting sone of a bitch who ever disgraced numerous internet philosophy forums.

you're the clint eastwood of insults, don't be modest. Too bad you were after comfort and not truth.
Back to top Go down
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:24 pm

Satyr wrote:

Quote :

And here you are...trying to flex that little muscle into somehting formidable...and what do you do?
you repeat the current popular beliefs of your time and place.

Congratulations....you are mediocre.
i'm not repeating anything, and i'm not trying to flex my brain. I'm just telling you what i think and how i feel.

i honestly do get kicks out of confronting people like you. It's not very becoming of a philosopher, and perhaps it's where we have a similarity.

we're here to have fun... When i cut you off on some ridiculous point and see you change the subject with perdictable tactics, i fancy myself somethin special; a cool guy. You are mediocre sport today however, not at all how i remember you (mind you i never really confronted you head on before)
Satyr wrote:

THAT, was not intended to be an insult....something that escapes your mind...it is an honest assessment of a common mind.
If it insults you or not, is besides the point, for me.

I am here to express my honest opinions directly. If some cannot tolerate them or try to dismiss them by projecting psychobabble to dismiss them, or if it gets me banned, that too is besides the point.

I am exploring the human condition...the modern one...and mediocrity and stupidity are a major part of this modern human condition, as I've indicated in my essay...explaining the reasons why and how.

When I call someone a retard it isn't intended to hurt -although that is an added benefit - but it is an honest and direct assessment of a mind living in sheltered environments and stunted by having little experience with suffering and danger.
Like domesticated animals it cannot live in the brutal wilds of reality. It is now addicted to the sheltering comforts of the farm.
Do you follow the metaphor?
i follow teh metaphor.

you can speak in plain english when you define stupidity, but not when you are trying to make an argument which demonstrates my own stupidity...

you invested in charisma and not logical capability.

Satyr wrote:

It then deifies the farmer, turns its weakness into a virtue and despises anyone that reminds it that life, out there, real life, is cruel, and brutal and that it takes strength to endure it and that need/suffering can either be dealt with immediately or postponed...it cannot be avoided.
Such is life!!!

Shall I turn it into a comforting fairytale for your infantile ears?
Does the truth make life unpalatable for you?
Not for me....for me the truth makes life all the more wonderful.
do you know i claim to confront he pangs of life and am not afraid?

perhaps you're like a child fearing a needle, it's all in your head maybe...

whatever the case, the truth you serve stinks like shit.
Satyr wrote:

Quote :

...give me the wisdom to accept what I cannot change...even the ?bible, if not taken literally, contains wisdom.
You can find wisdom watching a pig roll in shit.

you can find contentment as a slave.

not everyone dies happy though... there's a luck factor i think...
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
Is that not what I've been telling you all along, you simpleton?
Is it not you who is trying to rescue your delusions from the jaws of enlightenment?
actually no, i'm trying to show you the plain and simple bull shit you spew.

first you say entropy dreates discontent, but happiness (formerly a myth) is attainable simply by realizing that you will not get everything you please...

You've come full circle, i think you agree with me now...

If you are up for a challenge, show me where i have contradicted myself.
[quote="Satyr"]

Sorry, women and men are not equal in anything, DARN!!!!
Quote :
where does that come from?

nobody is equal in anything, we are all unique.

Some men are more skilled or capable in some areas than women, and some women are more skilled or capable in those same areas as some men.

your distinction incinuates some sort of prejudice. some sort of sexist categorization...
[quote="Satyr"]
Sorry, existence is a manifestation of flux, temporality, entropy, DARN!!!!
sorry, but who cares?
Satyr wrote:

Sorry, consciuosness interprets entropy as need/suffering and resits it by feeding on other organisms, never fully fulfilling the hunger because entropy has no ceased it has only been abated for a time, the stomach filled with the necessary replacement energies to continue the resistance, DARN!!!!
what happened to accepting that you cannot fufill every desire? what happened about achieving happiness that way?

what happened to pleasure drowning out discomfort?

Is it impossible to control your own desires?

sure you need warmth and food, but for fuck sake, we ahve that provided for us, so don;t try to say that this discomfort poses a problem. the real fucking problem is that without a sense of self accomplishment, we will not be happy.

Satyr wrote:

Sorry, the above cannot be avoided by denying it or ignoring it; offer arguments to challenge it or shut the fuck up, DARN!!!!
offer arguments to support it, dip shit.

i've been providing counter arguments questions and eceptions up the fucking wazoo and the best you have done is contradicted yourself.
Satyr wrote:

Sorry, ignorance and inebriation using drugs or delusion or religion or meditation, may offer you a brief reprieve but it does not change the fact that reality is hard and it takes a hard, brave mind to deal with it, DARN!!!!
reality only seems hard from whiney bitches like yourself.

you didn;t earn your own survival and you take it for grantid. you're spoiled; sensitive to pain and discomfort while comlpetely out of touch with what you want out of life. You want everything, anything less youa re liable to bitch about.

but wonderer, my stomach hurts, but wonderer, i'm cold and am too lazy to geta fucking blanket...

Laughing

Trips into absurdity are fun... Time consuming but fun...
Satyr wrote:

Sorry, sheltering human environments do create stupidity, as a necessary factor, and retardation is this intellectual naivete, DARN!!!!

Sorry, if you do not love life, as it is, but rather as what you hope it is or would like it to be, then you do not love life, but you DO love your imagination, DARN!!!!

You have no sweet clue what i love outside of the word happiness. I started out loving life, you're the one trying to tell me i need to be brave...
Satyr wrote:

Quote :
I embrace it completely.
Especially the parts that dissatisfy me and cause me stress because it is easy to embrace the delusions and all the naive positivity you imagine to cope...far more difficult to embrace what does not flatter you or make you feel safe.
what a crock of shit. lies lies self delusionary lies...

you do not embrace things that disatisfy you, you whine about them on this internet forum and others. you violently insult them. You release frustration.

Satyr wrote:

This is my last response to you on this subject.

If you don;t benifit from it, i'm sure the people who decide to read this for reasons unknown will get a good kick out of it.

if you love life why are you so frustrated
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 3:51 am

Satyr, really you must serve beer or whiskey here it would be just the thing. Pretzels or popcorn would go nicely ,,, well except for those in the first row,, blood might get in their drinks and food.

Where is the bookie? I want to place a bet.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Standard Forum Reply to Retarded Minds

If you are receiving this pre-written response then one, or more, of these infractions has occurred:

1) You have said nothing on-topic, whether as a way of distracting away from it, and unto you, all of the attention or as a way of attacking the author, using slander and personal insinuations, rather than the ideas expressed in his positions.
The persona can be attacked and even killed, but an idea requires arguments to be dismissed.
This is mostly referred to as ad hominem.

2) You have displayed a partial or complete misunderstanding of what is being said, either purposefully, as a way of caricaturing the positions presented, constructing a more easy, for you, target, or because you are incapable, for mental or psychological reasons, to fully comprehend and/or accept many of the positions expressed.
The tactic of lowering the subject down to a more approachable level, is one mostly used by those that cannot fully grasp the issues discussed, but understanding enough to feel threatened by them.
This is mostly referred to as straw-manning.

3) The points you bring up have been already dealt with, repeatedly and in depth, and are available, if you are interested, to you - with some research, necessary, on your part. Constantly going over the same areas is a method of bogging down a discussion with repetitions.

----------------------

A little final tidbit...

How people cope/react to the gradual realization, producing stress/fear, that life is unpredictable/unknown/uncertain, and death is inevitable?

And...

How do people cope with the realization that the universe is indifferent to them, need/suffering, and all the in-between gradations, is the awareness of existence, and pleasure an ephemeral, distraction...with contentment being a product of acceptance and/or the possession of energies (power) to deal with this constant need?

Type 1

This type can also be called the self-deluded nihilist - or the closet pessimist. The intellectual hypocrite.
It's underlying premise is one of self-hatred, masking as self-love, and a denial of reality, as it is, masking as progressive humanism, spiritual enlightenment, religious faith and romantic idealism.

This type is, by far, the most numerous one. It is the type that, when awakening to existence, or intuiting it, even if unconsciously, run to distraction, inebriation/numbing and denial to deal with the dilemma of life.
Usually this type is a product of sheltering environments and so it is increasingly becoming the most popular type.

Having little experience with need/suffering, being brought up in environments of relevant affluence, abundance and where they are protected from their own stupidity, this type has a low tolerance for any degree of need or the suffering produced when need is left unsatisfied for a period.

It's aim, therefore, is immediate gratification.

The methods it employs are:

a) Denial - a rejection of any hint of reality that causes them stress/fear above their acceptance level...which is, as was noted, low.

b) Delusion - a thoughtless acceptance of the first idea that offers them relief or an excuse or an escape from reality, no matter how childish or absurd it may be.
This method is a direct consequence of (a).

c) Compartmentalization - the ability to hold two diametrically opposite viewpoints or contradictory positions, without being troubled by it.
This method can also be called the cherry-picking method. The mind, in this case - due to (a) and (b) - subjectively selects the aspects of reality it accepts and which it ignores, as being too hurtful or dangerous to its sanity or overall well-being.
It consciously or unconsciously chooses the perspectives and ideas and ideals that offer it an immediate benefit or that support its already established beliefs - due to cultural indoctrination - it considers self-evident and cannot even imagine questioning, and ignores or casually dismisses all the rest.

This, inevitably, results in holding onto beliefs that are self-contradictory, if one explores them to any depth. so, this method forces a superficial awareness, where nothing is explored, if it risks exposing the duplicity and selective reasoning the mind depends upon to remain healthy and sane and "happy".

Forum example(s): Wonderer, Smears, Icthius, Ned Flanders, Ingenium, Tabula Rasa, Xunzian, etc.

They are the majority so examples abound. Take your pick.

Type 2

This type can also be labeled the pessimist type...or the open and honest nihilist.

This type is the most popular one among minds of an above average quality, that cannot use the methods of the Type 1 without feeling foolishly duplicitous and stupid.
Their greatest benefit from this is the feeling that, unlike the majority or all the rest, they fully appreciate reality, as it is, and tells it as it is, with honesty and courage.

This type is characterized by the inability to break free from the realization of what life is and what they are, as a product of reality.
They are frozen in despair and in the fear/anxiety, choosing, as their only alternative method of relief, suicide or, when fear/anxiety of death is equal to fear/anxiety of life, to vengeance.

They unleash their furor agaisnt all and anyone that exhibits an ability or a coping mechanism that suffices...such as Type 1 and Type 3...which we will get to later.

Unable to utilize the coping methods of Type 1 and unable to deal with life, as it is, they either opt to kill themselves or to live bitching and whining and trying to ruin it for everyone else, because they are unable to enjoy life, whether by deluding themselves or accepting it.

Forum example(s): McMiserable, Unreasonable

A more rare type.

Type 3

This type is usually the product of the previous two.
Having experienced the Type 1 seduction of inebriation, numbness, mindlessness and/or selectivity, and having, also, experienced the inertia of Type 2 it breaks free and chooses a third option.

Acceptance.

This, by itself, may seem trivial and easy, but it is not, for one must accept not only the good stuff, as selectively accepted by Type 1, but also accept the insights of the Type 2 stage.

From this a realization that existence is as it is, and that life is as it is, and this is what makes the individual consciousness possible.

This is not a surrender to the inevitable, to fatalism, nor is it a surrender to self-delusion and self-interested mythology...it is a desire to see the world as it is and then formulate methods to cope with it, without denying it, and accepting the consequences and the price of existence.

This last type enjoys the moments the other two miss. a sunset is enough...an evening with friends suffices...a song makes it all worth while.
here the experience itself, the full experience, suffering and all, is enough.
Not a deluded, selective experience nor one deriding experience altogether, but the very act of living and all that it entails, suffices.

Like a child to laugh at death, and life, never taking one's self seriously, hating only what palaces a barrier to experiencing, being content with what others find mundane...requiring nothing more.

Now, children, off to bed you all go....
Back to top Go down
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 3:14 pm

I'm flattered that i have the seed spot in the enumerations of "the self contradictory".

I thought we were exploring your beliefs Satyr, and i figure i've pointed out a few holes...

If at best you are a self loving pessimist (pessimism which is an emotion), if you accept your existence, what is so retarded about someone wholoves more than themselves, an optomist perhaps, accepting thir existence.

You're spewing emotion Satyr. You're trying to tell me the opera sucks...

Oh wait, you're trying to tell me that my life is devoted to a childrens television show, where you are one of the brave and bold who watch the real opera. And the opera you see must be downright confusing or annoying to produce the frustration you exhibit and have mentioned. (getting annoyed and hating everyone like me, the billions and billions of us).

You're biased even having a conversation with me because you see me as a part of an inferior crowd. This generates your arrogance, but your stubbornness is emotionally driven.

One moment you talk about how pathetic i am and how i cannot face the harshness of life and then you switch up and say, but oh, i love myself and am content.

You still havn't clarified. Which is it...

Are you a success?

Or have you lost to entropy?

Maybe you're a succes even though entropy will get you, because you have made your own plans, right? something like that?

You accuse me of chasing immediate gratification when you could name no example outside of the fact that i smoke weed, and entertain myself in the exact same way you do.

I'm a stoner Satyr, Ain't i stupid? How does a stupid 20 year old self deluded hedonist nihilist feminized pot head point out the blatant contradictions in everything you say?

You, a self proclaimed egocentrist, claim to understand my point of view? You accuse me of chasing instant gratification?

You barely know anything about me Satyr, what do you know?

What's my prognosis doc... That type one bull shit doesn't do it for me...
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 4:05 pm

hmm, I see that you haven't included me in any list

that's fine lol!

should I be glad?

now tell me, which shoe do you fit?

Satyr, I have challenged you in the Arena. If you don't accept my challenge, then I'll know you are really afraid of me. And since that was the point I was trying to make against you, I'll then declare my victory without you even defending yourself.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 7:27 pm

Satyr wrote:
They are frozen in despair and in the fear/anxiety, choosing, as their only alternative method of relief, suicide or, when fear/anxiety of death is equal to fear/anxiety of life, to vengeance.
What the fuck does this have to do with me?

I see suicide as an abomination against Life-itself, "you stupid shit".

"Simple child", what is this vengeance you speak of? I feel no such thing.

Nobody does me harm, because nobody knows how to do me harm. You apparently-know nothing of my thoughts.

Satyr wrote:
They unleash their furor agaisnt all and anyone that exhibits an ability or a coping mechanism that suffices...such as Type 1 and Type 3...which we will get to later.
I unleash my rage against "simpletons like you", because your ego has collapsed within itself, forming a black hole of thought. You are destructive, because you are just as stupid as the people you claim to be superior over. Your (failed) metaphysics have only taken you so far, so now, when confronted with a mind you cannot understand, you must resort to insults & Unreason. You have closed your mind to possibilities, "you fool", probably-due to your age, and you recede into a childish, autistic obscurity regarding the 'real' world. If you were capable of basic thinking, "moron", then you would come to understand that you do not know the first thing when it comes to me or what I think/believe/say.

Satyr wrote:
Unable to utilize the coping methods of Type 1 and unable to deal with life, as it is, they either opt to kill themselves or to live bitching and whining and trying to ruin it for everyone else, because they are unable to enjoy life, whether by deluding themselves or accepting it.

Forum example(s): McMiserable, Unreasonable

A more rare type.
What do I bitch and whine about, except "foolish children" like you?

And get this ... autistic man-children like you are no threat to me.

What am I whining about? What am I ruining for others? I am unable to enjoy life?

You are so wrong; I do not even know where to begin, "you dumb cunt".

"idiot"

"child"

"woman"

Satyr wrote:
Type 3

This type is usually the product of the previous two.
Having experienced the Type 1 seduction of inebriation, numbness, mindlessness and/or selectivity, and having, also, experienced the inertia of Type 2 it breaks free and chooses a third option.

Acceptance.
Satyr Psychology 101:

I am freeeeeeeee! Look at me, free as a bird! I can flyyyyyyyyy!

Anybody with half-a-mind catches onto you. Face it Satyr; you are becoming outdated......

Maybe some more autism will help you:

"you stupid shit"

"feminine mind"

"simpleton"

Are you feeling it yet? Is the rock formation surrounding your brain cracking yet?
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 4:31 am

I do think some nerves got hit Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 5:39 am

tell me, UR

do you still 'respect' Satyr?
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 9:21 am

Drone wrote:
tell me, UR

I have a feeling you and Kriswest have no idea of what 'respect' really is...
Back to top Go down
wonderer
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:23 pm

Respect comes in different forms...

Initially respect is something presumed, and to cause disrespect is to take something away, not to fail to give something.

In more complex situations, agreements of different kinds can infer stipulations on actions which are considered respectful.

Fir instance in an exchange of ideas, if one person is polite in disagreement, intentionally expressing a desire to resolve the disagreement or come to a mutual understanding, if the situation is formal, then one might infer that a likewise response is one required to be respectful.

Respect is not a useful word in this thread, this thread is about disrespect.

Last edited by wonderer on Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:26 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
Drone wrote:
tell me, UR

I have a feeling you and Kriswest have no idea of what 'respect' really is...

tell us then what it is, UR... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Satyr's Arena   Satyr's Arena - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Satyr's Arena
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next