Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nation States

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male
Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Nation States Empty
PostSubject: Nation States   Nation States I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:08 am

http://www.nationstates.net/

Nation states is a fun game where you get to create your own nation and form of goverment where every choice of legislation that you choose from evolves your form of government over a period of time.

Here is my nation:

The Dictatorship of Selfish Egoists

Civil Rights:
Average

Economy:
Good

Political Freedoms:
Outlawed

The Dictatorship of Selfish Egoists is a small, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 20 million are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass -- is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Healthcare receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 35%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Gambling.

The government is attempting to revitalize a gutted private sector, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Selfish Egoists's national animal is the black bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the sword.
Back to top Go down
https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com
Alexi
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Alexi

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Nation States Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nation States   Nation States I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:46 am

I had a look and made a country, we aren't doing much. War is not allowed in this game ...
Back to top Go down
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male
Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Nation States Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nation States   Nation States I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:30 pm

Alexi wrote:
I had a look and made a country, we aren't doing much. War is not allowed in this game ...

Don't fret. They're coming out with a number 2 pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Nation States Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nation States   Nation States I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nation States
Page 1 of 1