Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
system-hater
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
system-hater

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-21

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:28 am

Call it what you may Krissy, I'm the one doing the reasoning here.
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:23 am

You could say that, but I would have to disagree. Genetics of the human plays a huge part in a person's nature. nurture plays a lesser part. We being social creatures are herd animals. We are genetically predisposed to follow, to be submissive to a stronger creature. Few are born with dominant traits but ,they are born. If 4 kids are born to a family one will be dominant the others will be submissive . Not always but, in general. Nurturing could inhibit traits or it could instill false traits . You are always going to eventually fall back to what your genes are.

Oh and please not Krissy,,,, Kris is fine or even bitch or any other name but, not Krissy,, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:07 am

Laughing

Is it not typical for the woman to see the "brighter" side of things (of life) and for the man to see the "darker" side of things (of death)?

Is there any other way?
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:42 am

ROFL The only reason it looks brighter to us is because we are the ones cleaning up your dark messes. We see it clean you see it after you muck it up Laughing
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:02 am

Kriswest/SH,

What do you guys (HA!) want to talk about??? because I am bored as hell lately and I want some conversation! Laughing

bounce
Back to top Go down
system-hater
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
system-hater

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 12:16 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
Kriswest/SH,

What do you guys (HA!) want to talk about??? because I am bored as hell lately and I want some conversation! Laughing

bounce

Gender Debate!!! Twisted Evil

nah, i'm kidding....or maybe I'm not!.....no i am.

okay seriously....Does the center of the wheel move?

Ha! I'm kidding again!!!!

Razz

Okay, this is serious all the way now....

Who is your favorite or most likable philosopher and why? this is merely an "initial" attempt to get something going...

By the way Kris, i respect your request to omit "Krissy". I will not call you that anymore. My real name is John, and i despise the substantive "Johnny".
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Ok thank gods no gender debate that is as old as the hills and as long as there are penises and vaginas the two will never get together except for some action.
Actually wheels don't move as much as they roll. So the question would be does the center roll?
Thank you SH I apreciate that about the name. It happens to be the only name that irks me,, I don't know why.

If I had a favorite philosopher it would have to be the one that we all read when we are kids. Dr. Suess. Nope I am not kidding the man is quite possibly the most famous philosopher worldwide and the most influential. Most do not think of him as a philosopher but, go read his books again.. think about what he does. The dude was good.

How about the social possibles of changing education from choice to social need.
In other words you don't choose your carreer is chosen for you.
Back to top Go down
system-hater
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
system-hater

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:52 pm

kriswest wrote:
Ok thank gods no gender debate that is as old as the hills and as long as there are penises and vaginas the two will never get together except for some action.

I think i prefer the action. Cool

For me, i think Theodore Kaczynski (i.e avatar) would have to make my top favorite. His insights and observations and alacrity of and against the advanced society, inspired me and enlightened me more than i had ever thought possible. Granted i oppose violence as a means to a revolution, however, i admire his temperament to do what had to be done.

Quote :
How about the social possibles of changing education from choice to social need.

This is and HAS already been in effect for quite some time now kris.
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:52 am

Yes in some countries it has to a great extent, in free countries not so much. The pros and cons are not really brought up too much on the boards. I can see both sides. What do you all think? What has been the results of such a system ,, good for the people or only good for the society? What happens when such individualism is taken away?
Back to top Go down
system-hater
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
system-hater

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:40 pm

kriswest wrote:
Yes in some countries it has to a great extent, in free countries not so much.

There are no free countries.

Any country governed by a regime politically collective or individualistic, even the United States, enforces laws and regulations controlling many aspects of its denizens lives, regardless how many privileges or luxuries are granted. This is not freedom, only obedience. I happen to live in the United States myself, and i also happen to acknowledge the amendments for what they are-illusions. The United States considers itself "individualistic" simply for the amount of "rights" that they love so very much to shove in the faces of other foreign dictatorships, and remain on a pedestal of global supremacy, perennially indoctrinating more and more citizens to the ways of "free thinking", when in fact there is none. There are varying degrees of regulation and privilege that any government employs, despite this, it is all control.

Quote :

What has been the results of such a system ,, good for the people or only good for the society?

Good for some people who have been conditioned to accept it as good, bad for all the others who have not, and wonderful for society.

Quote :
What happens when such individualism is taken away?

Individualism is yet another political adjective for individuality. And still another political term meaning nothing in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:58 am

Ok I understand what you say and I agree with it, I already know that too. There are no free countries,, but here in the US you can choose to become either a doctor, politician or a garbageman. They do not line you up and say You will be a doctor ,, you will be a garbage man like they do in some regimes or communist countries.

Education here is geared for the individual not what is best for the community. Take a look at your phonebook,, Do we really need that many doctors or lawyers? Now take a look at the plumbers,,, ever try to get a plumber on short notice with out paying through the nose?
You can find a doctor that will not charge ridiculous fees on short notice because the field is highly competitive compared to the plumbing industry.lawyers too are highly competitive in what they charge because there is an overabundance of them.

If education was geared to serve the community, not the individual the situation would be different.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:13 pm

system-hater wrote:
Gender Debate!!! Twisted Evil

nah, i'm kidding....or maybe I'm not!.....no i am.

okay seriously....Does the center of the wheel move?

Ha! I'm kidding again!!!!

Razz
I am fair game for anything. I have been bored-as-fuck lately. I need some dialogue and respectable intellects are running out for me.

(excluding you two of course)

system-hater wrote:
Okay, this is serious all the way now....

Who is your favorite or most likable philosopher and why? this is merely an "initial" attempt to get something going...
Plato, The Republik.

I am reading Kant, The Critique of Pure Reason right now though, and I am confident I will love this as well. Kant is a beast, an exhaustive intellect.

You say Theodore Kaczynski, SH? That is odd because him and I have very similar names, and we are both Polish. Shocked

Except I am less willing than him to spend my adult-life in jail, although, I have been thinking about it lately. I think I am "crazy" to people.

(good thing I keep my mouth shut in public)
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:16 pm

kriswest wrote:

Actually wheels don't move as much as they roll. So the question would be does the center roll?
The center of a wheel never moves according to my Metaphysical beliefs. It is a point of Relativity.

kriswest wrote:
Thank you SH I apreciate that about the name. It happens to be the only name that irks me,, I don't know why.

If I had a favorite philosopher it would have to be the one that we all read when we are kids. Dr. Suess. Nope I am not kidding the man is quite possibly the most famous philosopher worldwide and the most influential. Most do not think of him as a philosopher but, go read his books again.. think about what he does. The dude was good.

Kris, I think it is going to become mandatory that The State/Institution will choose careers for its citizens.

I doubt people of The Future are going to have much of a choice in anything. Only philosophers/individuals who escape the system will have any real "Freedom".
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:16 pm

P.S. System-Hater,

I want to have a discussion with you and your thoughts on Anarchy, and System-Hating... Cool
Back to top Go down
system-hater
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
system-hater

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:23 pm

Unreasonable wrote:

Plato, The Republik.

I am reading Kant, The Critique of Pure Reason right now though, and I am confident I will love this as well. Kant is a beast, an exhaustive intellect.

Kant is a very fascinating figure if i may say so myself. I visited Amazon.com where i purchase all of my books on philosophy, and much of Kant's work i have yet to read, and i came across The Critique of Pure Reason as well as the other Critique's he had composed, and read just a snippet of his philosophy of a "priori" knowledge and it was very intriguing, I'll probably order it soon.

Quote :
You say Theodore Kaczynski, SH? That is odd because him and I have very similar names, and we are both Polish. Shocked

Except I am less willing than him to spend my adult-life in jail, although, I have been thinking about it lately. I think I am "crazy" to people.

(good thing I keep my mouth shut in public)

hehe, yes, i think people are wary of me due to my appearance. On a general principle, i exude a very pensive, "serious" looking demeanor, that most people dislike, which is probably why i only have one friend whom I've known for years.

But, aside from his philosophical views and arguments against the system, I happen to know a great deal about Kaczynski's life in general. as far as i have learned he began his "private" war waging against society after spending about a year in the Montana woods, where he chose to be a hermit. He went fifteen years un-captured and undiscovered as he conducted and carried out his mail-bombing agenda.

Kaczynski was quite close with his brother and his brother also shared some of Kaczynski's grievances towards the system. I am of the opinion, that when Kaczynski composed his manifesto he possibly assumed that his brother would notice the dialect attributable to him but since their views were of a shared understanding his brother would remain reticent as to his whereabouts. This turned out to be untrue since his brother was the one who informed the FBI that he recognized the writing as his brother's and subsequently where they could find him.

Family betrayal, always tragically ironic.
Crying or Very sad

Last edited by system-hater on Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
system-hater
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
system-hater

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:29 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
P.S. System-Hater,

I want to have a discussion with you and your thoughts on Anarchy, and System-Hating... Cool

Ask away...
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Ahh UR , I think you are wrong about the sheep being led to slaughter this time. It is past rebellion time, the freedoms are fermenting , the leaders are hedging and the stench of death permeates the air. .With in our children's life time the US wil battle within itself again.
the fighting blood of our ancestors will rise. We all here on US soil are children of rebels and fighters. We may be sleeping now but, the blood will awaken.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:40 am

system-hater wrote:
hehe, yes, i think people are wary of me due to my appearance. On a general principle, i exude a very pensive, "serious" looking demeanor, that most people dislike, which is probably why i only have one friend whom I've known for years.
People hate "serious" looks. They view the demeanor as defensive when in-reality, it is (emotionally)-defensive.

This why women like "fun" guys, and why people enjoy (fake) smiles. It presents a weakness for them to attack you with.

system-hater wrote:
But, aside from his philosophical views and arguments against the system, I happen to know a great deal about Kaczynski's life in general. as far as i have learned he began his "private" war waging against society after spending about a year in the Montana woods, where he chose to be a hermit. He went fifteen years un-captured and undiscovered as he conducted and carried out his mail-bombing agenda.

Kaczynski was quite close with his brother and his brother also shared some of Kaczynski's grievances towards the system. I am of the opinion, that when Kaczynski composed his manifesto he possibly assumed that his brother would notice the dialect attributable to him but since their views were of a shared understanding his brother would remain reticent as to his whereabouts. This turned out to be untrue since his brother was the one who informed the FBI that he recognized the writing as his brother's and subsequently where they could find him.

Family betrayal, always tragically ironic.
Crying or Very sad
Family betrayal...you speak from experience?

system-hater wrote:
Quote :
Ask away...
I will make some time to create new threads around here. Three people is good enough for a dialogue.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:45 am

kriswest wrote:
Ahh UR , I think you are wrong about the sheep being led to slaughter this time. It is past rebellion time, the freedoms are fermenting , the leaders are hedging and the stench of death permeates the air. .With in our children's life time the US wil battle within itself again.
the fighting blood of our ancestors will rise. We all here on US soil are children of rebels and fighters. We may be sleeping now but, the blood will awaken.
I feel the same electricity in the air.

This so-called "depression" in Amerika is becoming exasperated by Liberal & Socio-Communist ideologies.

I believe the Republikans are going to start their (bloody) rebellions and revolts soon enough...because those in power cannot be reasoned with.

The wealthy and the rich have taken advantage of the Amerikan public for too long now. Bush was the stopping point. The Amerikan Republik has fallen.
Back to top Go down
system-hater
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
system-hater

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:10 am

Unreasonable wrote:

People hate "serious" looks. They view the demeanor as defensive when in-reality, it is (emotionally)-defensive.

This why women like "fun" guys, and why people enjoy (fake) smiles. It presents a weakness for them to attack you with.

This is what i have despised about humanity since i was a child.

Quote :

Family betrayal...you speak from experience?

Knowledge and experience.

Quote :
This so-called "depression" in Amerika is becoming exasperated by Liberal & Socio-Communist ideologies.

I believe the Republikans are going to start their (bloody) rebellions and revolts soon enough...because those in power cannot be reasoned with.

The wealthy and the rich have taken advantage of the Amerikan public for too long now. Bush was the stopping point. The Amerikan Republik has fallen.

What country are you from Unreasonable?
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:14 pm

Ummmmmm, who stole my identity????? I was not even online Sunday.. UR you know my patterns ,,does that little post sound like me? Nope, it does not . So WTF??????? Can someone check into it please.. Can you get any ID off that post besides mine?

We may lose the rights of choice for awhile but, the human being gets restless, human societies get bored. If as you say we will not have time for such I think time will cause boredom and a touch of rebellion in the form of loud noisy riots. The dumbest things touch off human stampedes. Boredom being a great trigger.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:02 pm

I will look into that Kris.

And I will get back to your response soon SH.
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:06 am

Thanks UR
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:18 pm

system-hater wrote:
Realizing that these human animals are mostly unthinking helped me to deal with my exceptional thought processes.

I advise you to do the same for personal comfort. I think of human people as house cats or dogs.

system-hater wrote:
Knowledge and experience.
I am lucky enough not to have experienced a familial betrayal. A friends betrayal is bad enough!!!

system-hater wrote:
USA!!!!!!!!!!!

And yourself?
Back to top Go down
system-hater
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
system-hater

Male

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:53 am

Quote :
[quote="Unreasonable"]
system-hater wrote:
Realizing that these human animals are mostly unthinking helped me to deal with my exceptional thought processes.

I advise you to do the same for personal comfort. I think of human people as house cats or dogs.

interesting...i should observe my own house cat than, in a much different light for enlightenment purposes.

Quote :
system-hater wrote:
USA!!!!!!!!!!!

And yourself?

Likewise.

the home of the sick, demented and sometimes gifted. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...   ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down