Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why does this sort of thing happen?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nexus
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Why does this sort of thing happen? Empty
PostSubject: Why does this sort of thing happen?   Why does this sort of thing happen? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:59 am

Back to top Go down
The Valkyrier
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
The Valkyrier

Male
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Why does this sort of thing happen?   Why does this sort of thing happen? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:06 pm

A thing like this can not be blamed on the people who did it, nor on the fact that they were out bowling before they did it, nor on their parents or the guy they got the gun from. The blame for this falls on society. In Sweden we had the highest number murders preformed by mentally ill people ever in 2008. More than half of the murdered were children. Among others a man named Anders Eklund who kidnaped, then raped then killed a 10 year old girl when she was biking home from school. Another example is a polish woman who killed 2 children in their house when they were home alone, then cut up their bodies and dumped them in the trash.

It's caused by some sort of extremism or twisted personal reality that originally comes from the polarization and segregation in society. The only thing that can counteract it -Note the ONLY in that sentance- is increasing the quality of our educational systems, increased racial & social integration and a stronger community that can pick up everyone slipping away from reality; "There is no need to be religious to go to church on sunday."
Back to top Go down
dannerz
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Why does this sort of thing happen?   Why does this sort of thing happen? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:12 pm

Before you can prevent terrible things from happening, you first must have some degree of insight, a sufficient insight to predict and truly evaluate what consciousness is and what a person's mind is. Only then could we know if someone was going to go out and shooty the kids.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Why does this sort of thing happen?   Why does this sort of thing happen? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:33 am

dannerz wrote:
Before you can prevent terrible things from happening, you first must have some degree of insight, a sufficient insight to predict and truly evaluate what consciousness is and what a person's mind is. Only then could we know if someone was going to go out and shooty the kids.

I doubt we could ever 'predict' that. If we could do it, I want to believe that such tragedies wouldn't happen, because we would avoid them...wouldn't we?

I think this sort of thing has something to do with what Marilyn Manson says in this song:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why does this sort of thing happen?   Why does this sort of thing happen? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why does this sort of thing happen?
Page 1 of 1