Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Would you marry a child bride?

Go down 
+2
Tor
Hadji
6 posters

Yes...
Would you marry a child bride? I_vote_lcap20%Would you marry a child bride? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
No...
Would you marry a child bride? I_vote_lcap30%Would you marry a child bride? I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Maybe...
Would you marry a child bride? I_vote_lcap50%Would you marry a child bride? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Hadji
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Hadji

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Would you marry a child bride? Empty
PostSubject: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:24 pm

Would you marry a child bride? Child-bride-afghanistan
image not related

Would you marry a child bride if it were legal?

Why or why not?
Back to top Go down
Tor
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:58 am

Her look to that man/her imminent husband says it all really...

I know this practice still goes on globally - the UN is waging a war on all such out-dated practices, but tradition prevails. Rolling Eyes

I wouldn't want to be a child bride, for I wasn't ready for any sexual relations until I was 21 - the choice re. such a personal matter is out of the female's hands and becomes a matter for everyone else but her.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:09 am

i voted 'maybe' for obvious reasons...Social indoctrination must always be taken into consideration....
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:11 am

There has been so many studies done on breeding with a pre pub or pubescent girl. The infants are generally underweight, have physical or mental handicaps. Health problems are the norm for children born to children. Could be one explaination of why 3rd world countries are still 3rd world countries since many still promote sex and marriage with young girls. Yes, I realize finances have alot to do with it but, if you are not breeding mentally healthy humans then how can you have enough intelligence to advance?

Morals aside it just does not make any sense to breed with someone who is not physically mature and or at their prime. Breeding with an older female seems to cause similar issues. Down syndrome babies being one such issue.

If a guy wants to breed then pick one in her prime, anything else is just stupid.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:23 am

kriswest wrote:
There has been so many studies done on breeding with a pre pub or pubescent girl. The infants are generally underweight, have physical or mental handicaps. Health problems are the norm for children born to children. Could be one explaination of why 3rd world countries are still 3rd world countries since many still promote sex and marriage with young girls. Yes, I realize finances have alot to do with it but, if you are not breeding mentally healthy humans then how can you have enough intelligence to advance?

Morals aside it just does not make any sense to breed with someone who is not physically mature and or at their prime. Breeding with an older female seems to cause similar issues. Down syndrome babies being one such issue.

If a guy wants to breed then pick one in her prime, anything else is just stupid.

i entirely agree. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Hadji
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Hadji

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:03 am

Tor wrote:
What if it had been this image,

Would you marry a child bride? Father_daughter.01

Quote :
I know this practice still goes on globally -
Are you really so certain?

Quote :
the UN is waging a war on all such out-dated practices, but tradition prevails. Rolling Eyes
I hope that is sarcasm.

Quote :
I wouldn't want to be a child bride, for I wasn't ready for any sexual relations until I was 21 -
Glad you were responsible and took control of your own sexuality.

Quote :
the choice re. such a personal matter is out of the female's hands and becomes a matter for everyone else but her.
That doesn't sound like a marriage I would want to have any part of!

Drone wrote:
i voted 'maybe' for obvious reasons...Social indoctrination must always be taken into consideration....
That is correct, good observation. It's called exposure and conditioning, by bringing this issue to your attention in a positive way, hopefully you will become more knowledgeable and desensitized to the issue, if not outright converted into a true believer. This is a common marketing tactic.

kriswest wrote:

Good advice. In otherwords don't get 'em pregnant 'til they're a lil' older than ten.
Back to top Go down
Tor
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Hadji wrote:
Tor wrote:

Quote :
I know this practice still goes on globally -
Are you really so certain?

Quote :
the UN is waging a war on all such out-dated practices, but tradition prevails. Rolling Eyes
I hope that is sarcasm.

Quote :
I wouldn't want to be a child bride, for I wasn't ready for any sexual relations until I was 21 -
Glad you were responsible and took control of your own sexuality.

Quote :
the choice re. such a personal matter is out of the female's hands and becomes a matter for everyone else but her.
That doesn't sound like a marriage I would want to have any part of!
That image now looks like father and daughter - what point are you trying to make?

I wouldn't say things that I'm not certain about, but thanks for checkin with me...

You'll have to keep hoping, for that was not sarcasm.

Well, the guys brave enough to approach me/who tried to take control of my sexuality didn't realise what they were letting themselves in for until it was too late Laughing

Marriage/relationships are supposed to be what both parties want, for the contentment of both parties count, but in some societies the female's wants and needs are last on the list - sure, my husband can dominate me, but that's because I chose him to do so and not because of local sociotel politics...
Back to top Go down
Hadji
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Hadji

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 5:58 am

Tor wrote:
Hadji wrote:
Tor wrote:

That image now looks like father and daughter - what point are you trying to make?
I'm not sure. How do a father and daughter look?

Quote :
Marriage/relationships are supposed to be what both parties want, for the contentment of both parties count, but in some societies the female's wants and needs are last on the list -
That sounds like sound advice.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:54 am

Hadji wrote:

as far as I can see, Hadji, you're only favourable to marriages/relationships in which the will of both parties are respected, right? Doesn't that mean that most marriages/relationships that happen in the world are, say, at least...mistaken?
Back to top Go down
Hadji
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor
Hadji

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:01 pm

Drone wrote:
Hadji wrote:

as far as I can see, Hadji, you're only favourable to marriages/relationships in which the will of both parties are respected, right?
That sounds fair.

Quote :
Doesn't that mean that most marriages/relationships that happen in the world are, say, at least...mistaken?
I'm not going to judge your marriage if that's what you're getting at.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 6:26 am

Hadji wrote:

I'm not going to judge your marriage if that's what you're getting at.

no, I was refering specifically to your position regarding marriage, not mine. I'm not married.
Back to top Go down
Musa
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:41 am

kriswest wrote:
There has been so many studies done on breeding with a pre pub or pubescent girl.

I would guess this girl is post-puberty.

I think the real question should be: what constitutes a child? As Kriswest mentioned, there are mental health issues to people marrying before physically maturing. I think that if it is a consensual opinion between two people who are physically matured, and feel mentally stable to carry through with such a contract, and also have parental agreement (seeing as youngsters may think they are ready when they are not truly), then there is not much wrong with it. We may see it as disgusting because of our societal norms, but lets erase that. What is wrong with it? People have done it for thousands of years, and society continues.
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:45 am

Musa wrote:
kriswest wrote:
There has been so many studies done on breeding with a pre pub or pubescent girl.

I think the real question should be: what constitutes a child? As Kriswest mentioned, there are mental health issues to people marrying before physically maturing. I think that if it is a consensual opinion between two people who are physically matured, and feel mentally stable to carry through with such a contract, and also have parental agreement (seeing as youngsters may think they are ready when they are not truly), then there is not much wrong with it. We may see it as disgusting because of our societal norms, but lets erase that. What is wrong with it? People have done it for thousands of years, and society continues.

as you know, mental stabilty and physical maturity make all the difference. I agree with you that it's only our cultural/social prejudices that make us think such marriages are 'wrong', or should I say, inadequate.
Back to top Go down
Musa
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:08 am

Nexus wrote:
Musa wrote:
kriswest wrote:

as you know, mental stabilty and physical maturity make all the difference. I agree with you that it's only our cultural/social prejudices that make us think such marriages are 'wrong', or should I say, inadequate.

I completely agree. I personally would not marry a girl much younger than myself. However, I think you will find that in other countries, children take up responsibilities at a younger age. In no way do I think a young western girl would be ready to handle parenthood, or working, or anything of that sort. On the other hand, in more rural areas of the Middle East, Africa, etc. it is common for women to mature much quicker, both physically and mentally.

BTW, I voted yes. However, when I voted yes, it's not like you could hand me a 9 year old girl and I'm going to marry her. She would have to obviously be fully developed, and she must be mentally matured as well. I would not marry a young American girl. And by my own preference, I would not marry a young girl period. However, I do not see a moral dilemma for those who do, so long as she has parental permission, she is physically matured, she is mentally matured, and she has personally consented to the marriage. She shouldn't be a girl just out of kindergarten.
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:21 am

A girl may look physically matured on the outside, it does not mean that her body is reproductively matured. The lines drawn on this issue are for the protection of infants and the would be mothers. Look at how many very youngsingle mothers there are here in the states alone. Then look at the health issues of their kids,, poorly developed lungs, immune systems poor, mental development problems. Our taxes pay to support these child mothers and their kids. The average mother/child duo has problems, not all of course but, enough.

Morals and ethics just enforce what is painfully obvious because the average person does not pay attention to what really goes on around them. They are too busy with their own lives, so moral ethical and legal rules all put a corral around overt stupidity.,,,,, Hopefully
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:55 am

Musa wrote:

I completely agree. I personally would not marry a girl much younger than myself. However, I think you will find that in other countries, children take up responsibilities at a younger age. In no way do I think a young western girl would be ready to handle parenthood, or working, or anything of that sort. On the other hand, in more rural areas of the Middle East, Africa, etc. it is common for women to mature much quicker, both physically and mentally.

BTW, I voted yes. However, when I voted yes, it's not like you could hand me a 9 year old girl and I'm going to marry her. She would have to obviously be fully developed, and she must be mentally matured as well. I would not marry a young American girl. And by my own preference, I would not marry a young girl period. However, I do not see a moral dilemma for those who do, so long as she has parental permission, she is physically matured, she is mentally matured, and she has personally consented to the marriage. She shouldn't be a girl just out of kindergarten.

I voted maybe because I know the power of social/cultural indoctrination. Therefore, if I lived in a country where such marriages are legitimate, I'd probably accept it without any sort of doubt.

My personal opinion regarding this subject, however, is the same as yours, because I do not think a common Western 9, 10 year old child is supposed to be able to face and deal with the responsibilities of a marriage. I could never picture myself living in the same house with a young girl, treating her like my...'wife'. There 's so many things that we think children should think about first before they are able to engage serious realtionships... It's interesting that this view is based on the idea that everyone can only have a relationship with another person when he/she is grown up enough, both physically and psychologically, to endure/deal with the consequences of such act. In a sense this cultural/social pattern is one of the motives why we Westerns tend to see adult-minor relationships as something utterly abnormal and negative, something that should be avoided by all means. But once we all know that there's surely a biological reason why we tend to be contrary to such relations, this prejudice of our Western societies is not one that I would reject, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Musa
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Nexus wrote:

I voted maybe because I know the power of social/cultural indoctrination. Therefore, if I lived in a country where such marriages are legitimate, I'd probably accept it without any sort of doubt.

My personal opinion regarding this subject, however, is the same as yours, because I do not think a common Western 9, 10 year old child is supposed to be able to face and deal with the responsibilities of a marriage. I could never picture myself living in the same house with a young girl, treating her like my...'wife'. There 's so many things that we think children should think about first before they are able to engage serious realtionships... It's interesting that this view is based on the idea that everyone can only have a relationship with another person when he/she is grown up enough, both physically and psychologically, to endure/deal with the consequences of such act. In a sense this cultural/social pattern is one of the motives why we Westerns tend to see adult-minor relationships as something utterly abnormal and negative, something that should be avoided by all means. But once we all know that there's surely a biological reason why we tend to be contrary to such relations, this prejudice of our Western societies is not one that I would reject, to be honest.

I agree with much of your post. One thing I would say though, is in the west, it's not so much that age matters, as much as age DIFFERENCE matters. Typically, the man is expected to be 1-3 years older than the woman, in an 'ideal' marriage. To me, that is just stupid. But think about it, if a 50 year old married a 23 year old, we find it odd. But why? They are both matured, consenting adults. Back in the days, anyone who was post-puberty and ready to marry, was up for marriage to any other available person. Muhammed (saws) married young and old women. His first wife was in her 40s and he was in his 20s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry a child bride?   Would you marry a child bride? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Conversation-
Jump to: