Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

God Did It

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

God Did It Empty
PostSubject: God Did It   God Did It I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:38 am

God Did It

It's all part of God's plan?

Quote :
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. – A man shot and killed himself in front of a cross inside televangelist Robert H. Schuller's Crystal Cathedral on Wednesday as a nearby volunteer told a group of visitors about the church's suicide-prevention program, police and church officials said.

The man handed a note and his driver's license to two ushers, walked to the cross and then shot himself in the head as he appeared to be praying, Senior Pastor Juan Carlos Ortiz said.

The Orange County coroner's office identified the man as Steve Smick, 48. Church spokesman Mike Nason said there was no record of Smick being a member at the cathedral.

Betty Spicer, a volunteer usher at the famous sanctuary, said she greeted Smick when he entered. She said he handed her a folded note with two cards inside as the man told her: "You may want this."

Spicer said he then walked to the foot of the cross. She and Yvette Manson, another volunteer, said they thought Smick was praying when they heard a pop.

The man used a semiautomatic handgun, said police Lt. Dennis Ellsworth.

A tourist, one in a group of several visitors from Canada, told Manson the man had shot himself.

"I didn't realize it. I thought he was praying," Spicer said.

Manson said she "had just finished telling them about our intervention hotline that we have — suicide prevention on the fifth floor — and all of a sudden I heard this pop, a loud pop, it almost sounded like a firecracker," she said.

Spicer said one of Smick's cards was a driver's license, and that the note mentioned a pickup truck in the parking lot.

Cathedral spokesman John Charles said none of the tourists was injured.

The glass-walled, 10,000-member megachurch in Orange County is home to the "Hour of Power" broadcast, an evangelism staple aired internationally for more than three decades. Thousands visit the cathedral to see where the broadcast is filmed before a live congregation.

It was not immediately clear where Schuller was at the time of the shooting.

Afterward, police could be seen through the cathedral's glass doors investigating the scene and taking photographs before the body was removed. They also searched his pickup truck, Ellsworth said.

There have been two other shootings at the church in recent years.

In December 2004, Crystal Cathedral Orchestra conductor Johnnie Carl, 57, killed himself at the complex after a standoff that began when he opened fire in offices before a Christmas pageant. He had been hospitalized for severe depression.

Also that year, a man was wounded by a plainclothes police officer in the cathedral parking lot. Authorities said the man was meeting his mother, but the officer didn't know they were related and intervened in what he thought was an argument.
Back to top Go down
imp-pulse
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2013-03-10

God Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: God Did It   God Did It I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:44 am

God Did It Reclin10

Quote :
QUOTE THE DOC : and it is a disgrace for women to keep silent in church.................PAULS actual words were for women " to keep silent in the church " YOU have altered his words to fit in with your wordly lifestyle .you are digging your own grave doc ....SAINT PETER SAID anyone altering PAULS words did so to their own destruction ..to all those who can read i give thye exact passage so they can judge for themselves ................................2 Peter 3:16
16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. oThere are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.
................so paul wroe its a disgace for women to speak in the church , and the doc has altered that to say its a disgrace for women not to speak in the church , and by taking upon himself to ALTER and change HOLY SCRIPTURE he is bringing upon himself DESTRUCTION (Not my words but saint peters words )
luckily, i never had to go to sunday school.
but indoctrination by then had already outdone all efforts to differentiate.

above quote from an active bible fundy who wishes followers probabably too well.

hi, Brian. linde calling ..... God Did It Smilie_tier_101
Back to top Go down
SUNLIGHT
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2013-08-03

God Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: God Did It   God Did It I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 10:49 am

imp-pulse wrote:
God Did It Reclin10

Quote :
QUOTE THE DOC : and it is a disgrace for women to keep silent in church.................PAULS actual words were for women " to keep silent in the church " YOU have altered his words to fit in with your wordly lifestyle .you are digging your own grave doc ....SAINT PETER SAID anyone altering PAULS words did so to their own destruction ..to all those who can read i give thye exact passage so they can judge for themselves ................................2 Peter 3:16
16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. oThere are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.
................so paul wroe its a disgace for women to speak in the church , and the doc has altered that to say its a disgrace for women not to speak in the church , and by taking upon himself to ALTER and change HOLY SCRIPTURE he is bringing upon himself DESTRUCTION (Not my words but saint peters words )
luckily, i never had to go to sunday school.
but indoctrination by then had already outdone all efforts to differentiate.

above quote from an active bible fundy who wishes followers probabably too well.

hi, Brian. linde calling ..... God Did It Smilie_tier_101
...........hi linde is that cup of tea for me ? study 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

God Did It Empty
PostSubject: Re: God Did It   God Did It I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God Did It
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Global News-
Jump to: