Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What about Bob?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male
Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-12-13

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:38 am

As posted on an online philosophy forum in response to an accusation of overgeneralization about Americans.

In keeping with my new found specificity I will write about Bob, a specific American living in Chicago.
I wouldn’t want to generalize about Americans.
I only say, that any assumptions made about the general entity known as Bob do not hold true for all his parts.
There are molecular exceptions to the general idea of Bob.

Bob lives in Chicago.

Bob is moral in that he has never personally killed or intentionally stolen anything. Of course Bob also votes and flag waves when his nation’s armed forces go off to kill in his name, but Bob’s sense of morality is limited to a 50 mile radius of his physical being and so he isn’t troubled by it; out of sight out of mind.

Bob secretly thinks that any death is worth his comfort but he preaches compassion and love in social get-together’s.
Bob hates haters.
Bob is religious.

Bob reads books frequently. In fact he can quote passages from various sources, and this, Bob takes as evidence of his intellectual fortitude. Of course Bob cannot come to any personal realization unless they are dictated to him from external sources.

Bob’s bookshelves are full of books he’s never read or hasn’t fully understood – ornaments.
Like many things that he owes they are symbols of his persona.
Bob inherits beliefs he does not earn them.

Bob can quote and he frequently displays his knowledge by using large words and by mentioning famous people.
Bob regurgitates ideas like a cow does fodder.

Bob does not know the difference between knowledge and intelligence.

Bob does not question his world. He does not challenge his perceptions and beliefs, as they were passed down to him.
Bob is loyal to his traditions.

Bob only displays skepticism at the corner grocery store where he is, often, doubtful if this is the best price he can get.
Bob’s skepticism begins and ends in his wallet.

Bob has ethics.

When Bob wants to form an opinion he does not open his eyes to the world and to his own experiences but he opens a book to another’s eyes and experiences - besides, Bob’s awareness of his own experiences is superficial.

Bob adopts critical thoughts because he is not confident in his own mind.
Bob is astute.
Bob secretly knows his own qualities, even when he pretends their opposite.

Bob is married and he has kids. He thinks his genes are so precious that they need to be preserved for future generations.
Bob’s genetic “quality” will be propagated into eternity.

Bob teaches his children to be just like Bob. They will become one of the many, parts to a greater whole, and this is his most comforting ideal.
Bob does not like to stand apart. He likes conforming and fitting in. He feels safe within uniformity….
Bob claims individuality as his highest value.
Bob contradicts himself a lot, because Bob hasn’t thought out his own thoughts….he’s been taught them.

Bob hates violence, especially when it is directed towards him and his precious offspring.
Bob believes in altruism and compassion mainly because he wants assurances that they will be offered to him in his time of need.
Bob thinks empathy automatically results in compassion.
Bob worships love…an a sacred idea.
Bob’s love comes cheap, because it isn’t his to give.

Bob is selfish but he believes that he is “good”.
Bob is egotistical, but vehemently despises arrogance.
Bob, hates himself….but don’t tell Bob that.

Bob has plenty.
Bob is fat on the products of his work. His very definition of happiness entails plentiful resources. It is therefore impossible for Bob to ignore his instincts.

Bob is rewarded handsomely for being Bob.
He eats often, even if it will eventually kill him.

Bob cannot keep his mouth closed. This is what he considers as evidence that he is successful and worthy of praise and imitation. A large frig is a good enough substitute for an empty head for Bob.

Bob has a nice car and a large home.
Bob believes in conservation, recycling and hates anyone that exploits others.
Bob’s world is founded on exploitation and excess and throw-away consumerism….but Bob will be offended if you tell him so.
Bob will think you are ill or envious of his lifestyle.
Bob will imagine clever little motives behind your disrespect for his delusions.
Bob just wants to be left alone.

Bob believes the things he owns are examples of his value.
Bob adorns his life with trinkets and wears labels of praise to hide the hollow interior.

Bob lives life in fear that people will discover his inner secret.
Bob fears people like me.

Bob depends on equalitarianism. He may be fat, stupid and ugly but that does not make him less than anybody else; so he says.
Bob believes just being born makes him worthy of respect and dignity.
Bob is a humanitarian.

Bob mocks all those that are his intellectual superiors. He finds ways to slander them.
Bob thinks thinking too much is anti-social and unhealthy.
Bob values stupidity. His own, most of all.

Bob needs this to remain sane.
Bob thinks he is lovable and sexually desirable, no matter how many layers of fat he is surrounded by.
Bob believes beauty is only skin deep, and that inner beauty counts for more.
Bob bullshits, a lot.

Bob lives in delusion.
Bob does not like being reminded of who and what he really is. He accuses all that do so of cynicism or reductionism. Sometimes he accuses them of over-generalizing.
Bob hates prejudice.

Bob believes everyone deserves respect even those that haven’t earned it. This because he wants assurances that others will respect him when uttering stupidities in public places.
Bob supports Democracy.
Bob reads the paper and is well-misinformed.
Bob thinks being published automatically makes you a dependable source.
Bob does not question the institutions of his society, of his culture, of his nation, of his religion.
He fears being alone; he is unable to stand in solitude.

Bob pretends like he cares.
Bob therefore finds it hard to swallow when someone shows disdain towards him. He thinks they must be suffering from some kind of disease.

Bob believes he deserves eternity, in paradise.
Bob thinks his existence is so important to the universe that it needs to be preserved forever.
Bob believes in God.
Bob is willing to allow others to kill on his behalf to save this part of his belief system.
Bob is a “good Christian” and a good citizen.

Bob wants his streets clean, access to health care, internal plumbing and the criminals in jail, but he just doesn’t want to pay taxes for it.

Bob is careful with his money. He lives on credit.
Bob regularly spends more than he earns, and so taxes become a burden upon his consumerism.
Bob believes in loving his neighbor and being his brother’s keeper.
Bob doesn’t understand what that means. He just believes in it.

Bob likes to posture and pretend, especially to himself.
But in the night in the deepest recesses of his being Bob senses intuitively his real self, his real worth, his real value and he grows desperate and ashamed.
He hates all that remind him of this undisclosed truth. He despises all those that bring into his consciousness all the things he hides even from himself.

Bob is a blind automaton destined to serve and die in complete subjugation and ignorance.
Bob will live but never know life; he will exist but never be aware of existence.
Bob will follow the rules, be respectful, politically-correct and compassionate; Bob is a hypocrite.

Bob is necessary.
How else would dirty deeds be made possible?
How else would great men make their ideals reality?

Bob is a nobody, but don’t tell Bob that. He’ll hate you for it. If you try to tell Bob what he is in a runabout way he will accuse you of generalizing to maintain his delusion and keep on pretending he is a “good” man.

Bob finds solace in numbers.
It is his participation in majorities that he sees as his 'truth'.

Bob is pathetic.
2003-09-27

Last edited by Satyr on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:10 am

Bob might find you pathetic. No insult but ,we generally are repulsed by something that we cannot connect with.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:53 am

I worked with a Bob last month.

We got along perfectly; go figure.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:57 am

kriswest wrote:
Bob might find you pathetic. No insult but ,we generally are repulsed by something that we cannot connect with.
Yes, I do have a problem connecting with sub-human, idiots and self-righteous hypocrites.

I suspect that I am, and I want to be, repulsive to them...I want them to stay away.

So, what the hell are you doing here?affraid
Why do Bobs and Bobbets always seek me out?

Why do they, sometimes, come from far away, other forums, wearing masks and pretending so as to draw my attention?
Why do they taunt and find victories in fooling me with their childish games?
Why do they declare themselves my equal, claim to have provided a challenge to me, and then try to find my soft-spot to dismiss me?

Why do they then hide their motives, primarily from themselves, with excuses and "You entertain me."?

Human nature....always what it is.

Can you believe that this piece got me banned from Philosophy Forums ; Paul's little forum of pretentious, "stringent" regurgitation?
Can you believe that?!!!

Yes, that piece got me banned. Must of hit a nerve.
Back in 2003 and here we are with the same bullshit from the same children.

Last edited by Satyr on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:05 am

Quote :
He hates all that remind him of this undisclosed truth.

He despises all those that bring into his consciousness all the things he hides even from himself.
Bob wants to kill you Satyr; this is the risk you take by exposing yourself *ANYWHERE*.

You are a constant reminder of what & why people hate within themselves, weakness.
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-16

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:36 am

Just saying this was enough:

"Bob believes in God.
Bob is willing to allow others to kill on his behalf to save this part of his belief system."
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:47 am

No, because there are atheist Bobs.
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:24 am

This then:

"Bob wants his streets clean, access to health care, internal plumbing and the criminals in jail, but he just doesn’t want to pay taxes for it."
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:01 am

you were banned from PF for posting this? Shocked

do you see why so many people love ILP? lol!

you would NEVER be banned from ILP for posting this...

Satyr wrote:
So, what the hell are you doing here?
Why do Bobs and Bobbets always seek me out?

Why do they, sometimes, come from far away, other forums, wearing masks and pretending so as to draw my attention?
Why do they taunt and find victories in fooling me with their childish games?
Why do they declare themselves my equal, claim to have provided a challenge to me, and then try to find my soft-spot to dismiss me?

Why do they then hide their motives, primarily from themselves, with excuses and "You entertain me."?

Human nature....always what it is.

i presume you already have a definite answer to all these questions.

i tried to answer them my way, but i don't know whether my answer was convincing or not.

you know me...a bit...by now. 'figure it out'.
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:16 am

"Why do they, sometimes, come from far away, other forums, wearing masks and pretending so as to draw my attention?"

Dear all
I will be on such a such a forum at such and such a time beating up imbeciles and making them bleed. Do come on over and be my latest victim or watch if you are faint hearted or feminized.
Truly yours
Satyr

And the imbeciles do as requested!
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:18 am

Drone wrote:
you were banned from PF for posting this? Shocked

do you see why so many people love ILP? lol!

you would NEVER be banned from ILP for posting this...
Suspect
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:22 am

Maryshelley wrote:

your precious self included? Suspect

UR wrote:
Suspect

Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:29 am

maryshelley wrote:
"Why do they, sometimes, come from far away, other forums, wearing masks and pretending so as to draw my attention?"

Dear all
I will be on such a such a forum at such and such a time beating up imbeciles and making them bleed. Do come on over and be my latest victim or watch if you are faint hearted or feminized.
Truly yours
Satyr

And they come....and come.

And when they arrive....they tell me how arrogant and self-aggrandizing I am.
They tell me how they are manipulating me; how they come only for the show.

But I know better, now don't I?
What a fool I would be claiming to know people, having observed and studied them for so long, having tried to teach myself to see beyond the posturing and words and underneath the masks and pretty clothes and shiny cars and impressive credentials, if I did not know that much?

But the game isn't over...it's just changing style.

And, remember, the idol can never live up to his billing, because it isn't compeltely in his control.

He simply provides the framework, the material, for the other to construct his own heroes in whatever fashion he, or she, pleases.
Then....he plays along with it...watching, seeing, knowing.

Does not the master use the other's strengths, his willful attacks, to direct him towards his own defeat?
The discipline of patience is one I never truly mastered...and so here I am.

Because the creation is a direct link to the creator's inner spirit.
It exposes him.
And some just fear that the most, even when they subconsciously want o be found out.

Does not the ignoramus find an attraction in being shown a part of himself, of reality, he denies or cannot accept?
Does he not feel an intimacy growing between himself and his knower?
Does not the exposure come with a confusion of being both relieved and terrified, all at once?

Does he not try to shatter the glass or turn it around, as its vengeance?

Does she not get wet with her imagination?
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:01 am

Drone wrote:
Maryshelley wrote:

your precious self included? Suspect

UR wrote:
Suspect

Twisted Evil lol!

I'm only talking about myself.
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:06 am

Methinks the ignoramous just 'gets on with it' to be honest. Whatever 'getting on with it is' for the ignoramous.
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:12 am

It's all a crazy game.
And when it ends.
It ends in tears.

Luther Vandross
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:42 pm

maryshelley wrote:

indeed? lol!

are you a...'Bobbet'? Laughing
Back to top Go down
maryshelley
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:59 pm

Drone wrote:
maryshelley wrote:

indeed? lol!

are you a...'Bobbet'? Laughing

Hell, I'm not even American. BUT there is a bit of Bob in everyone, isn't there?
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:15 pm

hey, 'Bob' is everywhere...

Brazilians are predominantly 'bobbish' too.

but no, i'm not talking about myself!
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 6:26 am

Put a group of highly intelligent people together, there is mundane. Put a group of hardened killers together there will be mundane. A group of passive people again mundane. Nothing of interest happens until you mix the groups. One mind that stands alone will fall into mundane and so it will eat itself trying to find interest.

No one deliberatly seeks, it is a drive to find interest so that the mind does not realize it is stuck in a padded cell.
Bob and Bobette find that which they are not because they need interest.

If you don't like this then control the drive to reply
Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What about Bob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about Bob?   What about Bob? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What about Bob?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Conversation-
Jump to: