Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The art of Impious

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Impious
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-14

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:46 pm

The art of Impious Confusedir4
confused art (I was trying to draw a cobra...)

Wonderer on ilovephilosophy.com wrote:
i call it an Alien Egyptian Pharaoh with a crack pipe Very Happy

The art of Impious Knowdwrong1dj8
Knowd Wrong part 1

The art of Impious Knowd_wrong_by_MC_Impious
Knowd Wrong part 2 ('That's better!')

The art of Impious Carrying_the_Standard_by_MC_Impious

The art of Impious Thelightningboltoftruthhu2
The Lightning Bolt of Truth (PS I drew this a few years ago whilst in a mental institution)

Last edited by Impious on Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:43 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-03

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:47 pm

Encore! Encore!

moar

Impious wrote:
The art of Impious Knowdwrong1dj8
Knowd Wrong part 1
I've been wondering about this image since first seeing it. Help me out. What does this mean? Why is "Knowd Wrong part 2" 'better'?

It has something to do with this fact,

The art of Impious 7ce7dfb3de53
Back to top Go down
Impious
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Yes, your picture is the crux of part 2. Someone has drawn a smiley face on the subject with a crayon- 'That's better!'

PS it's a person who's 'knowd wrong'. A large dose of acid might help you understand.

Last edited by Impious on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-03

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:52 pm

Impious wrote:
Yes, your picture is the crux of part 2.

PS it's a person who's knowd wrong. A very large dose of acid might help you understand.
No need for the acid,

https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com/philosophy-f1/visions-of-death-and-god-t233.htm

And what about the head(s). There is something funny, should I be thinking obscene?
Back to top Go down
Impious
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:54 pm

The person is all screwed-up, head included. But in part 2 he has a nice happy smiley face, so everything's OK.

PS my previous post has been edited.
Back to top Go down
Impious
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 5:34 pm

Taras wrote:
Impious wrote:
A very large dose of acid might help you understand.
No need for the acid,

https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com/philosophy-f1/visions-of-death-and-god-t233.htm

No, I mean to experience being 'knowd wrong' yourself.
Back to top Go down
Dako
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Dako

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-02-08

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:01 am

Impious wrote:
No, I mean to experience being 'knowd wrong' yourself.
It is a self-portrait?
Back to top Go down
Impious
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:32 pm

To be honest, I've only experienced that sort of thing on a small scale.
Back to top Go down
Impious
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:22 pm

The art of Impious Frozenzarathustraaw6
Fashion for my icehead brothers in North America
(PS for the record, I don't do meth anymore)
Back to top Go down
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
-Psychonaut

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-16

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:19 pm

Quote :
A large dose of acid might help you understand.

Might is the operative word.

There is no reason to assume that people perceive similarly to you in the day to day, so why assume that when you twist your head upside out they will perceive similarly?

The effects of hallucinogens are wide and varied. Some themes do tend to prevail, but there is no recognisable way of predicting which will or will not in a given case. Brain chemistry, brain architecture, cultural awareness, perceptiveness, acuity... all these things and more will determine what you allow yourself to show yourself. Do you have the balls to look deep into the smoke and keep on staring until you see? Know this, whatever you see, it is you through and through.
Back to top Go down
Impious
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:26 pm

-Psychonaut wrote:
Quote :
A large dose of acid might help you understand.

Might is the operative word.

There is no reason to assume that people perceive similarly to you in the day to day, so why assume that when you twist your head upside out they will perceive similarly?
The whole thing is about perception. In this case the guy is perceiving his body being twisted etc in strange ways, and perhaps even the observer is seeing something weird taking place. Of course his body is not actually all screwed up. The suggestion that it is is just to spook (ignorant) people.
Quote :
The effects of hallucinogens are wide and varied. Some themes do tend to prevail, but there is no recognisable way of predicting which will or will not in a given case. Brain chemistry, brain architecture, cultural awareness, perceptiveness, acuity... all these things and more will determine what you allow yourself to show yourself. Do you have the balls to look deep into the smoke and keep on staring until you see? Know this, whatever you see, it is you through and through.
I'm not suggesting this happens on every trip. But it has happened to me to a small extent once or twice and could happen to anyone, be they on drugs or not.
Back to top Go down
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
-Psychonaut

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:47 pm

Ofcourse the body is not screwed up, who said it was?

And no, it can't happen without drugs.

The only reason that drugs work is because they are chemically similar enough to the drugs that your own brain produces.

If you hallucinate 'without taking drugs' it is because your brain is releasing its equivalents; the most commonly experienced being during sleep.
Back to top Go down
Impious
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:40 am

You just contradicted yourself.

Of course it's physically possible without drugs.
Back to top Go down
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
-Psychonaut

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 6:15 am

Your own brain produces drugs. Your day-to-day experience is one long sustained hallucination ordered in line with sensory data. Drugs are responsible for the production of this hallucination.

Please quote two contradictory statements.
Back to top Go down
Dako
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Dako

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-02-08

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:14 pm

I've never used meth. Is this the place to ask about this? What is it like?
Back to top Go down
Impious
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:07 pm

-Psychonaut wrote:
Your own brain produces drugs. Your day-to-day experience is one long sustained hallucination ordered in line with sensory data. Drugs are responsible for the production of this hallucination.

Please quote two contradictory statements.
You yourself strongly suggested that 'drugs' means chemicals deliberately introduced into the body and not for nourishment, which is a good definition according to my Drugs Across Cultures uni course. It's in these two statements:

Quote :
The only reason that drugs work is because they are chemically similar enough to the drugs that your own brain produces.

If you hallucinate 'without taking drugs' it is because your brain is releasing its equivalents; the most commonly experienced being during sleep.
If you can't see it then I'm sorry to say but you're a poor philologist.
Back to top Go down
Impious
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:16 pm

Dako wrote:
I've never used meth. Is this the place to ask about this? What is it like?

It's like the buzz you get from smoking a strong cigarette if you haven't smoked for a long time, but cleaner, stronger and much longer lasting. No head spin/sickness either. But the comedown/hangover's a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Impious
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Male

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 1:03 pm

The art of Impious Witch_by_MC_Impious
The witch?

Quote :
'But don't forget, boys and girls, that it's OK to word a dildo as long as it's pure.'
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
-Psychonaut

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 am

Quote :

Note the 'scare quotes'.

Please inform me if you need 'scare quotes' and their usage within english language explaining to you.

I will attempt to obtain a primary school teacher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The art of Impious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The art of Impious   The art of Impious I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The art of Impious
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Artistry-
Jump to: