Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The world according to Aidan Mclaren

Go down 
+3
Dako
Serge
Drone
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

The world according to Aidan Mclaren Empty
PostSubject: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:10 am

How does one refute his pessimism?

Aidan, if you read this you can participate too.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:00 am

hello, folks! lol!

someone out there? lol!

anyone? scratch
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:04 am

You could ignore it? That is a sort of refutation isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:10 am

yes, we can simply ignore him.

but that's not the point. If you had to show him that his arguments are utterly wrong or mistaken, what would you say?

how can we show him that his views on the meaninglessness of life are flawed?

how can we escape his assessments on every one of us?
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:16 am

Drone wrote:
how can we escape his assessments on every one of us?
What affect has this? Why not non-intervention?
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:26 am

then you're not really going to 'discuss' it with me, are you Serge?

anyone else? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dako
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Dako

Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:30 am

Drone wrote:
then you're not really going to 'discuss' it with me, are you Serge? Rolling Eyes
What does this mean? Maybe you should be banned?
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:45 am

Dako wrote:
Maybe you should be banned?

no, man, really no

no rules in this board, ask the admin...

it's just that if Serge thinks that....
Back to top Go down
Dako
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Dako

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:05 am

Drone wrote:
Dako wrote:
Maybe you should be banned?

no, man, really no

no rules in this board, ask the admin...

it's just that if Serge thinks that....
What's this? It looks like begging. No rules means you can be banned without cause right? There's no rule against it?

The world according to Aidan Mclaren F3920fb59dbc
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:22 am

what the fuck is happening here???

is there SOMEONE who wants to talk about Aidan Mclaren's pessimism with me?
Back to top Go down
Dako
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Dako

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:04 am

Drone wrote:
I'm trying to get you banned. Anarchy right. Waiting...

See here, https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com/feedback-f15/all-members-should-have-the-power-to-ban-t215.htm

See your PM. If you can still log-in...
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:01 am

Dako wrote:
Drone wrote:
I'm trying to get you banned. Anarchy right. Waiting...

See here, https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com/feedback-f15/all-members-should-have-the-power-to-ban-t215.htm

See your PM. If you can still log-in...

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

what's your problem??
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:27 am

Drone wrote:
How does one refute his pessimism?

Aidan, if you read this you can participate too.

Aidan does not see it as pessimism. You can't refute pessimism if that is not what he sees. You have to see and understand his perspective if you wish to refute it.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:47 am

huh, it's obvious that I'm not talking about how Aidan himself sees his perspective, Kriswest

but for me, and for everyone else, his perspective IS pessimism

that's what I was asking for... however, I know that nobody here is really willing to discuss that, so I'm leaving it at that...
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:21 am

Drone, you have to refute it from the inside. Its like this, How do you convince a blind man that blue is a color? What is color to a blind man?

Aidan is very optimistic not pessimistic. We see him as pessimistic. If we tell him he is pessimistic when he knows he is not, he won't get it.
You have to use his view to refute his view. he has been hurt, but in being hurt he sees that he has strength,,,, that strength is not strength it is weakness. But it can be refuted only if it is argued as a strength.

does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:55 pm

I was done with this 'topic', utill you said that Aidan Mclaren is an optimist, Kriswest.

he may be bothered by the term 'pessimist', but 'optimist' would be rather strange too, wouldn't it?

lol, what do you mean when you say it, exactly?

remember everything that he has declared at ILP, about his hatred for life and its inevitable meaninglessness
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male
Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:29 pm

Drone wrote:
I was done with this 'topic', utill you said that Aidan Mclaren is an optimist, Kriswest.

he may be bothered by the term 'pessimist', but 'optimist' would be rather strange too, wouldn't it?

remember everything that he has declared at ILP, about his hatred for life and its inevitable meaninglessness
Oh precious drone, with what eloquence you speak your master's words...as if you and him share a mind...as it were.

Being ignored was both a victory and a victory...for him as for you....but not enough as you now seek validation for it.

life is truly suffering....how can anyone deny this truth?
Ah, but if only I had the balls to speak such truths.
Back to top Go down
http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:49 pm

Drone wrote:

I am pretty sure I will get cut today by one of our cats. Is that pessimistic or optimistic?

If I face pain with optimism is that pessimistic? If I realize that life sucks and is not worth living but, I still live is that not optimistic?

What most see as pessimism is an optimistic tool for living, coping and moving on. Ever hit your fist on a wall when you stub your toe painfully or do something like that? Why on earth would you cause more pain on top of pain????? Relief.

Most important though: Aidan has repeatedly said he uses the net as a pressure release, as anger control in his life. Its his mechanism. So you can't refute him until you know the whys and whats and hows. He is being very optimistic as far as he is concerned.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:52 pm

Have you not heard, my dear?

You are an impostor.
nobody can cope and whomever says they can is a liar.

we will all die.
life is suffering

it's all unreal.
a dreamworld

He has spoken
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Laughing I am very familiar with the young man's views..... its an interesting coping method. Put it all with him using the net to control his anger and vent,, it makes sense in a way. We are not real to him, if we were then he could not speak so socially. He would be harmed socially. So we on the net remain fake and liars, he makes the net people , how it helps him best.

For him its an optimistic use.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:26 pm

kriswest wrote:
Drone wrote:

I am pretty sure I will get cut today by one of our cats. Is that pessimistic or optimistic?

If I face pain with optimism is that pessimistic? If I realize that life sucks and is not worth living but, I still live is that not optimistic?

What most see as pessimism is an optimistic tool for living, coping and moving on. Ever hit your fist on a wall when you stub your toe painfully or do something like that? Why on earth would you cause more pain on top of pain????? Relief.

Most important though: Aidan has repeatedly said he uses the net as a pressure release, as anger control in his life. Its his mechanism. So you can't refute him until you know the whys and whats and hows. He is being very optimistic as far as he is concerned.

one thing is a man, another his perspectives

it's obvious that Aidan needs to find some relief, nobody can stand perpetual suffering. His view, however, is that even this relief is an illusion. You are just postponing the arrival of true despair, you're running from it, you're trying to forget it for a while

we are all utterly alone and lost, and all we have to do is to find a way of deluding ourselves into thinking that we are not: bu even this 'way' is delusory too, another coping mechanism at most, nothing that can change our inherent state of helplessness.

the point is: how can we refute that? How can we refute his pessimistic view, even if he himself doesn't 'cope with it' the way he think he does? How can we show him that we are indeed 'something', that our existence has any importance whatsoever, that there is something 'greater', 'more important' than finding a coping mechanism in this life?

as far as I can see, Aidan wants to be the quintessence of honesty. He uses his true name, not an alias. He exposes his misery before anyone else does that for him. He wants to show us what we all are, because he thinks we're all imposters for denying that life is inherently null. But in the end he knows that he cannot free anybody from such 'imposture'. He knows that men are condemned to be 'imposters', and therefore his position remais always the same, even when he recognizes that what he does demand in these web communities is unattainable...

that's what remains to be refuted: the pessimism of Aidan, not his inability to deal with it

or should I say: the ideas behind his pessimism, i.e., that life is an illusion and that we're all 'imposters'...

The Philosophy King wrote:
Oh precious drone, with what eloquence you speak your master's words...as if you and him share a mind...as it were.

Being ignored was both a victory and a victory...for him as for you....but not enough as you now seek validation for it.

yes, life is essentially suffering, and meaninglessness

you are more related to Aidan than you'd like to believe...
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Drone wrote:

The Philosophy King wrote:

yes, life is essentially suffering, and meaninglessness

you are more related to Aidan than you'd like to believe...
or is it that you can't tell the difference?

never mind...you're a waste of time anyways.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:46 pm

I said that you are RELATED to him, not that you both are 'the same'...

i do believe in difference...

but how can I make you see it?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:58 pm

Drone wrote:
I said that you are RELATED to him, not that you both are 'the same'...

i do believe in difference...

but how can I make you see it?
do you even know what he and i believe in?

listen imbecile, go back to ILP and shoot the shoot with your friends. this is no place for you
Back to top Go down
Dako
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Dako

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:07 pm

Satyr wrote:
listen imbecile, go back to ILP and shoot the shoot with your friends. this is no place for you
Suddenly I like Drone. Get comfortable my friend!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The world according to Aidan Mclaren   The world according to Aidan Mclaren I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The world according to Aidan Mclaren
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next