Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Philosophy for the herd????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Polack

Philosophy for the herd???? Empty
PostSubject: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:36 pm

someone tell me

what's the problem with web boards like ILP and PF?
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:33 pm

Simple: MEDIOCRITY.

Accepting the status quo ... hold everybody-behind, at the front of the line, for the sake of the last.

In short, they will say unto you, "Do NOT pursue excellence", "Do NOT pursue self-expression".
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male
Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:11 pm

>>>They have accepted preexisting ideas and ideals, as self-evident, and they now consider talking by using another mind's words as the height of intellectual discourse, where no opinion is ever accepted if it does not come from acceptable sources, using prescribed specialized language and expressing another mind's perspectives on the world.

They call it "stringent" philosophy to hide that fact that it is regurgitation, and institutionalized thinking, masking as free-thought.

>>>They have confused perspectivism with the right to utter any inanity without facing ridicule or the consequences of being stupid, and they consider it uncivil to be honest and direct.

They prefer the comforting hypocrisy of civility and humoring, so as to ensure that they will be given their due respect when and if they cannot defend an absurd position.

>>>They consider it productive to endlessly talk about the same old bullshit in the same old acceptable ways, never once displaying any creativity - taking this as evidence of their intellectual quality.

They mask their social motives behind the pretense of seeking reality, and they wrongly assume that their remarks are good enough to be respected as a forceful challenge to any proposition.

Side Note

Does the Buddhist feminist think she is not seen watching from California?
What happened to all the 'authentic" men in her neighborhood? Did she scare them away with her intellectual posturing and were they too dumb to see how simple she really is?
Back to top Go down
http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Drone

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:10 am

then why did you post so much at ILP, Satyr?

and you, Unreasonable, what did you want there?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:43 am

Drone wrote:
then why did you post so much at ILP, Satyr?

Many reasons.

Where else could I find such a diverse amalgamation of human types and psychologies to study and interact with?

A human zoo.

I learned much just by listening to others justify their positions - often absurd positions and using childish, retarded tactics, but nevertheless, insightful, if one is studying the human species.

I also posted to test my opinions against a variety of reactions. It helped me sharpen them.

I also posted seeking minds like mine. Few and unfortunately I was then forced to deal with the bugs that came out of the woodwork.

I also posted to vent. Like shooting fish in a barrel.
Back to top Go down
Drone

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:51 am

helas, an educated reply!!!! lol! santa

then the room is not so disposable as you had said another day. Then you'd surely go back there if you were welcome back, wouldn't you?
Back to top Go down
uh-non

PostSubject: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:59 am

Sex, drugs, rock & roll?

Or is this outdated?

(My answer is not in context of the ILP/PF dust-up)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Anonymous_(community)
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:35 am

uh-non wrote:
Sex, drugs, rock & roll?

Or is this outdated?

(My answer is not in context of the ILP/PF dust-up)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Anonymous_(community)
What context? There is no sex here. Only a-sex. Rock-and-roll is for idiots. For drugs PM.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:44 am

I didn't understand it too

maybe he has drunk
Back to top Go down
uh-non (

PostSubject: Philosophy of the h(orde)????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:35 pm

Serge: "What context?"

Philosophical: Assuming the "herd" refers to the general population (U.S., other society, civilization, etc.). Consider the genpop as consumers for one aspect.

I want to see if this forum is the real deal for philosophy... scratch

So, what is the philosophy of the masses? This is a general question that I have choose because I had a memorable encounter in interacting with U.S. Univ. graduate students and the prof. as well where the thought terminating cliché of sex, drugs, & rock and roll concluded my assessment of their goals, ideas, philosophy, or whatever that course, department, or discipline stands for.
Surely you philosophers are good, I see that my interests in Natural sciences rival you philosophers in being in the top seven for GRE scores. Search "Philosophy Rocks the GRE" for more (google, yahoo, etc.), as a guest I cannot post links

---------------------------------------------------------
Drone: "I didn't understand it too

maybe he has drunk"

Do you understand now? I want to see how dissident this dissident forum thinks.

How far is Dissidents Philosophy Forum willing to push their ideas?

I see in registration to this forum: - Messages who promote - or evoke - illegal practices are prohibited.

silent
Back to top Go down
uh-non

PostSubject: Question (?) posing   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:41 pm

Also, I am a fan of Satyrs' contributions, that's how I found this place
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:30 pm

uh-non wrote:

I see in registration to this forum: - Messages who promote - or evoke - illegal practices are prohibited.
Listen, this is the internet, in case you did not know that already. If you want to go blow some shit up, then do it. Nobody is going to stop you here. But illegal is illegal. As long as your stupid shit doesn't get this forum in trouble from the feds, then I don't care if you shit in your hand and throw it on the wall. You own your own house here. If you live like an animal, then it is my personal opinion that others treat you like one. Eventually that shit you throw against your own wall begins to stink and becomes rotten; it is unsanitary. Thus, if-and-when you come looking for a new house, because you ruined the one you were issued, then do not be surprised when nobody lets you in their door. Everybody sees everything here.

If your threads are garbage on this forum, then nobody will enter them.

If a bunch of kids start acting rowdy, then they need to stay relevant at least to suit my standards.

There is a reason this is called a "Philosophy Forum" and not a "Shit Forum". If I wanted shit, then I would name this place a "Shit Forum".
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Philosophy for the masses:

Regurgitated, tripe, taught my pompous fucks that couldn't reason their ass out of a pair of jeans; institutionalized thinking that is "credible" because it comes from a famous, authority, or a commonly accepted thinker, talked about using his language, trying to be exact towards his thinking, and believing that this, "stringent", ass-licking, constitutes philosophy.

Thinking through a proxy.

The idea that "I am too scared to make any comment about reality, unless it is based no another's deliberations, using his labels and imitating his style" and then considering this evidence that you, YOU, are thinking.
Back to top Go down
Polack

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:44 pm

Satyr thinks then that true philosophy can only belong to a very privileged minorty...

Some sort of 'enlightened' elitism?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Polack wrote:
Satyr thinks then that true philosophy can only belong to a very privileged minorty...

Some sort of 'enlightened' elitism?
No, retard, Satyr thinks philosophy is an everyday thing.

Every time you engage the world, directly, and formulate an opinion on it, trying to remain accurate to its premises, you are philosophizing.

Yet, if you are talking about insights that inspire or teach others then, yes, it is for the minority.

Did you hope it would be otherwise?
Did you hope that here equality would reign, when it has not anywhere else?
Did you dream, yuor childish little dreams, only to have them shoved up your tight asshole?

Sorry....not my fault.
I only report the news, I don't make it.

And YES, I am an elitist.
Other than declarations, do you have anything to say about it?

If not....then shut.... the fuck....up!!!!
Back to top Go down
Advocatus Diaboli
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Male
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:54 pm

I once heard someone announce that they were organizing a music group - not a band, just a room where people could come and play with each other. I thought it sounded like a cool idea at first, but then he said, "...and everyone's invited!".

"Slow the tempo down, I can't play that fast!"

"What? I don't understand that."

"Wait, a G chord? Is that this one?"

Inclusivity is a lowering.
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:32 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
uh-non wrote:

Guest, the forum host does not monitor every forum, reading each thread and post. When you contact the host and complain about content on the BBS, that is how they discover it. Or if you report the forum to the Internet Watch Agency, and et cetera. Write "5ex" like this if you don't want Google to find it. If you do not report content on this board to the host or to any authority, whatever is said here remains quiet. Understand?

"Loose lips sink ships."

Furthermore, there are many ways to transmit information. If you have something to say that you think might be very controversial, why don't you post it in encrypted text and PM the members the decryption key? Or write your post on a JPG and link to it, or post links hashed: h00p://...., or write in Russian and leave a note asking readers to use Bablefish, and so on and so on.

The physical space of a post is what you make with it.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:50 pm

Serge, you just brought something to my mind.

If a child comes into this place erroneously-thinking he/she can get away with slandering other people, and not be attacked back for it, then get their feelings hurt, they may just try to bring this whole place down in stubborn revenge. And with Satyr here, the chances of this happening is about 95% certain. Can you imagine all the nitwits who would try to topple this entire forum if they could not find an outlet to promote their vain inanities?

Just because I want to provide people with the ability to speak their minds here still does not mean that everybody should be heard.

And this is the fight & balance that will exist on this website. How do go forward without imploding???
Back to top Go down
Serge
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Serge

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:19 pm

Unreasonable wrote:
...the chances of this happening is about 95% certain. Can you imagine all the nitwits who would try to topple this entire forum if they could not find an outlet to promote their vain inanities?

Just because I want to provide people with the ability to speak their minds here still does not mean that everybody should be heard.
Tactics evolve with exigency; strategy is defined by the political authorities.

This forum has all the advantages and disadvantages of a fortress. It's different from the old hit-and-run tactics we grew up on. The rebels always have this problem: 'Now we're in power, we only know how to fight like guerrillas with the authorities, how are we going to govern?'
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:46 pm

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:
I once heard someone announce that they were organizing a music group - not a band, just a room where people could come and play with each other. I thought it sounded like a cool idea at first, but then he said, "...and everyone's invited!".

"Slow the tempo down, I can't play that fast!"

"What? I don't understand that."

"Wait, a G chord? Is that this one?"

Inclusivity is a lowering.
Indeed!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy for the herd????   Philosophy for the herd???? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Philosophy for the herd????
Page 1 of 1