Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Radical Idea...

Go down 
+4
kriswest
Satyr
Drone
Unreasonable
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-12-13

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 3:30 pm

I propose the following idea for this forum:

Everybody administers/moderates their own threads!!!

Yes, that is correct folks. I said it. If you create a thread anywhere on these forums (with a few exceptions: guests, The Arena Forum, News Forum...), then you can do anything you want with your own words! For example, if you dislike other people being Unreasonable, abusive, or deviating your thread away from the points you wish to make, then you have power over your own thread! You have the power to *delete* other people's posts/responses in order to maintain what I call a "purity of discourse", unhindered by simpletons and ignoramuses. There are some rules to this however...

I will be doing the moderation at your explicit-requests.

And I while this Forum is small and has only a few members, I can-and-will be able to suffice most or all of said requests. However, if time constrains me by a large volume of users, or my personal life leads me away from my responsibilities for this forum, then I will not be able to complete all requests. Therefore, you should do your best to insure that interference is unnecessary in your threads. If things get out of hand, such as a simpleton repeatedly taking your topic off-course, then send a request to me of what you would like to see done. I will consider it and most-likely carry-through.

Here are my thoughts on the matter:

1) If you create the thread, then you own the thread.
2) If you write the Original Post, then you own the topic.
3) If you own the topic, then you may delete the words of those who trespass against you.

What these things effectively-do is allow you-yourself to become self-responsible for the words you write and the things you say. If you do not like another member of the forum, then make your own thread (as long as it stays relevant to the particular forum it is created within). You own your thread. If you want to step into another person's thread, then be prepared to be held accountable for their standards.

Thus, everybody owns their own ideas & words on this forum.

I appreciate feedback on this "radical idea". Let me know your thoughts about it. It will be in-effect starting ... here & now!
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-02-03

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:28 pm

a radical idea indeed

is there another philosophy board that allows it?

as for me, though I do not plan to post that much, I'm completely favourable to freedom of speech. Therefore, as long as the person talks like a civil, balanced human being, i'm not really going to censor anyone

i cannot stand swearing though, I think it's pretty base and disgusting. So, I'd edit the bad words and erase them, but I wouldn't delete the posts of anyone, it's against my principles.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male
Number of posts : 540

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:33 pm

Drone wrote:

i cannot stand swearing though, I think it's pretty base and disgusting. So, I'd edit the bad words and erase them, but I wouldn't delete the posts of anyone, it's against my principles.
Shut the fuck up, you stupid cunt!!! drunken
Back to top Go down
http://calicantsar.blogspot.com/
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:37 pm

was it the 'principles' part?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:39 pm

Drone wrote:
was it the 'principles' part?
The part where you take it, despite yourself.

Did I mention my principle concerning my rule of swimming in a cesspool, without having to swallow the crap?

Now, except for social interaction and all the defensive rules you've placed to avoid being shown up as an idiot, do you have anything else to say?
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:45 pm

I guess UR didn't want this to become another thread where you come only to offend the other members of the board.

Just keep something in mind, Satyr: you aren't 'dealing' here with Aidan Mclaren or Unreasonable, you aren't 'dealing' with someone who is afraid of you.

I'm not afraid of you.

What I have to say will be said, no matter what you must say in opposition. Do you 'own your words'? I own mine. Just keep this in mind: I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:53 pm

Drone wrote:
I guess UR didn't want this to become another thread where you come only to offend the other members of the board.
Why would I care?

Quote :
Just keep something in mind, Satyr: you aren't 'dealing' here with Aidan Mclaren or Unreasonable, you aren't 'dealing' with someone who is afraid of you.
Shit....thems fightin' words, pilgrim.

Quote :
I'm not afraid of you.
If you repeat it again you may even convince yourself.

Quote :
What I have to say will be said, no matter what you must say in opposition.
Reason be damned!!!

Quote :
Do you 'own your words'?
I sell them to the highest bidder.

Quote :
I own mine.
Or do they own you?
Be careful you don't get owned.

Quote :
Just keep this in mind: I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU.
See, third time, with the addition of the color and font size, makes all the difference.

Click your heals and repeat:

"No place like home...No place like home..."

A slow monotonous drone should do it.
Sleep
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:01 pm

obviously, you don't REALLY care about anything

that's why you're wasting your time here, right?

come closer, Satyr, you're also protected by this computer screen, aren't you? Where is the REAL man behind all these fucking retarded statements? What do you do in the 'real' world that compares to what you say here? You want to be respected here, right? Is the man Satyr respected in the real world where he's OBLIGED to live? Does someone even know you?

give me a break man, I'd love to give you a lesson, so that you could learn to express yourself as a truly civilized human being.

believe it or not, but mere words impress the fools only...
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Satyr

Male

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:08 pm

Drone wrote:
obviously, you don't REALLY care about anything

that's why you're wasting your time here, right?
Not "wasting my time here", you imbecile...wasting my time with YOU!!!
With YOU!!!

Don't pull that girlish shit with me.

Quote :
come closer, Satyr, you're also protected by this computer screen, aren't you?
Was that a threat or was it a warning?!

Quote :
Where is the REAL man behind all these fucking retarded statements?
I never knew a real man is defined by his penis. If it were so I would fuck you up the ass to make a point.

Quote :
What do you do in the 'real' world that compares to what you say here?
I masturbate a lot and then I cum all over the screen.

See, I did it again.

Rubbing my hard ego up against something soft and mushy, like your skull for example, always does the trick.

Quote :
You want to be respected here, right?
Is that what I want....or is that what you just let me know, you wanted?

Quote :
Is the man Satyr respected in the real world where he's OBLIGED to live? Does someone even know you?
The whore I rent out to stroke my head once a month - I'm impotent you see - sure knows me.

Quote :
give me a break man, I'd love to give you a lesson, so that you could learn to express yourself as a truly civilized human being.
I don't want to be civilized, like you...I first want to be a human being.

You, are still an animal.
Civility is what you call your domestication. You are simply housebroken...or broken...period.

Quote :
believe it or not, but mere words impress the fools only...
Your words are not doing the job, then.

Oh, and....welcome on board.

scratch jocolor
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Laughing

Oh Jesus, Joseph, Mary-Mother-of-God...

What the fuck am I going to do with you people...?

It looks like I will have my work cut-out for me around here, time permitting.

But yes, Drone, I will do everything within my power to ensure that people are able to self-moderate their own threads. I imagine that I will need my short-staff of moderators here to help me out sufficing all requests should people get bogged down with self-restraint on their own part.

For example: I have known Satyr to be a wonderfully-reasonable man. Maybe if you do not enjoy him cussing so much, then you should politely-ask him to stop because it offends you? Or, ask him why he does it in the first place? I am quite confident that he will reason with you, and tell you why, if you are deserving of hearing the Truth of Things. I mean, if you look at anything Satyr has *EVER* written, then you should see that he has been more-than-decent with people who want to talk/discuss/argue things with him reasonably. The only times that I see him acting like a pest are when others self-degrade themselves first. But, regardless of all that, Satyr is just a man, like me or the next guy. We all have our faults; I'm sure. Take them as they come. If you cannot pinpoint Satyr's faults, then why should it be on anybody else except you to pinpoint them out for you?

As for attacking one-another, and defending yourselves, I think everybody is on their own here. This is not a womanly-forum. When anything goes, then anything goes. Prepare for vulgarity. Prepare to get your feelings hurt if you walk through the door here... LOGOS DOES NOT GIVE A SHIT, NOR CARE FOR EROS. Who ever said Mankind was "nice"? Why would men act "nice" in the first place? Think about it. They *ACT* nice, because Sociality forces them to *ACT* that way. It is an act; the inner-constitution of men speak louder-than-words. I hope that you and others will see that on this forum.

My suggestion to you, and all others: if you desire to be treated with respect, around here, then earn it, demand it, and command it!

Wink
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:10 pm

Anyway, as I was saying earlier...

I would appreciate anybody's honest thoughts/opinions on this matter.

Could it or should it be expanded I wonder? Is it foolish to begin with?

People may as well discuss it before I make a final decision. I plan to go through with it, as things stand now.

That doesn't mean that my mind cannot be changed though.
Back to top Go down
Drone
Animated Voice
Animated Voice

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:54 am

i think you'll have to wait to see how the idea really works

it can either be a manner of preventing people from posting crappy things in your threads or can be a tool for censorship: anyone who disagrees with a particular point you make could (theoretically at least) be prevented from exposing his views, no matter how coherent they might be

you surely does not approve of censorship, do you?

does censorship do anything to a man who is in search of knowledge?

there must be a way to take advantage of this possibility, though. As I said, there are posts that are overtly aggressive and off-topic, so it'd be interesting if we could, if not delete, at least edit them.

anyway, the board is yours; do what you feel like doing
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:22 am

I think its an interesting experiment, A few headaches will arise but , it should be of worth UR.
Oh and I don't see the popcorn eating emoticon,, could you find it please, this could get interesting. I so love popcorn when watching a show. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Drone wrote:
i think you'll have to wait to see how the idea really works

it can either be a manner of preventing people from posting crappy things in your threads or can be a tool for censorship: anyone who disagrees with a particular point you make could (theoretically at least) be prevented from exposing his views, no matter how coherent they might be
That is not true. If a person is being censored/deleted within a thread, then that person can create a new thread and author the discussion on his/her own. Every person is then entitled to his/her own voice, and must be responsible for it. If you do not like what a person says, then do not go into their thread. If you go into their thread, then you are on *THEIR* territory. And while you are on their territory, you are their guest. If they do not want you in their home, then they will do with you as they please. I suppose you should hope they do not shoot you down for trespassing after you expose your ill-intent.

Your thread is your home. Your words are your own.

Drone wrote:
you surely does not approve of censorship, do you?
Loaded question.

I approve of censoring stinking shit from entering my nose. I approve of censoring commercials on TV from entering my eyes. I approve of censoring high decibels from shattering my eardrums. You see, censorship is selecting & discriminating what you want to allow into your brain. Everybody censors everybody. Like all things, it is a matter of quality, quantity, and degree.

Drone wrote:
does censorship do anything to a man who is in search of knowledge?
It depends on what KIND of knowledge is being searched for.

When it comes to philosophy, never argue with a fool. You will pay for it.

Drone wrote:
there must be a way to take advantage of this possibility, though. As I said, there are posts that are overtly aggressive and off-topic, so it'd be interesting if we could, if not delete, at least edit them.

anyway, the board is yours; do what you feel like doing
I will...
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-03

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:57 am

Unreasonable wrote:

For.

However, although persons should save, email, PM or otherwise store and be responsible for their masterpiece posts, it would be very unkind to delete the post(s) of someone from one's thread which look to have involved quite a bit of work or research. I advise that the text and code of significant posts be PMed to the author if they are deleted from a thread.
Back to top Go down
Unreasonable
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
Unreasonable

Male

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:10 am

Taras wrote:
Unreasonable wrote:

For.

However, although persons should save, email, PM or otherwise store and be responsible for their masterpiece posts, it would be very unkind to delete the post(s) of someone from one's thread which look to have involved quite a bit of work or research. I advise that the text and code of significant posts be PMed to the author if they are deleted from a thread.
I was actually-planning on doing this if it is/was explicitly-apparent that a responder seems to put in a lot of time & effort for particular posts.

An administrator or moderator can quote the text and send it to the author before deletion.
Back to top Go down
Taras
Active Idealist
Active Idealist

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-03

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:54 am

A more radical idea...

A Radical Idea... Snow

THE
LIBERATION
OF THE
SLAVES

NOW!

What we need is three kings, and seven grand vazirs, a pontif, democratic representatives, a ghost shadow, mythological animals and mutiplepersonalities....

Deciding who makes the rules is the same as deciding what the rules are.

"A good knife cuts well."

Being certain about the knife or cutting determines the other.

If there are to be undetermined rules, there needs to be undermined rulers.

It's like Schrödinger's Cat.

It's,

I'll show you yours if you'll show me mine.

FLOOD THE GATES NOW!

userID
Taras

pass
anotherday4May

The dictators have only a few moves now, and we demand immediate action!

THIS IS A GENERAL STRIKE!

STOP POSTING ANYWHERE BUT THIS THREAD NOW!

Coup in progress!!!

Unreasonable wrote:
Oh my--
Make your choice or perish!

• set all members now to administrator
  • set default on registration to administrator
  • assign broad but limited administrator to most members
  • assign administrator by request

WE WILL BURN THE LIBRARY!

No rules and no rulers!

This is bogus free-speech! A mitigation of what the rules are into who!

https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com/open-conversation-f12/the-future-of-this-forum-t296.htm#3976
Back to top Go down
Sonofgloin
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
Sonofgloin

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-02-17

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:50 am

I disagree with moderation for all, it's difficult enough if you have a single or gaggle of moderators with precious minds let alone every neurotic power freak in the forum playing Goebbels.
Back to top Go down
primall
Unestablished Ideals
Unestablished Ideals

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-10-13

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Hey, I´m new to this forum but i wouldn´t want to take any abuse from anyone. I might be entertained for a while, but fatigue would get the best of me. How can anyone carry on with a hostile attitude for so long is the question?? And if it involves people hiding behind a monitor, it makes it worse or even futile...

Ask me, who has been spied on for at least the last 10 years. And I don´t mean only hacked but the whole kit and kaboodle (home, car, etc.). I´m not impressed by anyone anymore.

I was also a teacher so that automatically has lowered my tolerance level for BS...
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Ainsley Bain
Potential Contributor
Potential Contributor

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-02-16

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 9:43 am

my condolences primall,
and sincere prayers
;-j
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Radical Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea...   A Radical Idea... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Radical Idea...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dissidents Philosophy Forum :: Philosophy-