Dissidents Philosophy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissidents Philosophy Forum

Internet Philosophical Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disposable Society

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male
Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Disposable Society Empty
PostSubject: Disposable Society   Disposable Society I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:26 am

There are two sides within every society where one might say that there is the illusion society tries to perpetuate for aesthetical purposes while there is the other side that is genuine reality unfiltered.

It is the later that I wish to write about and the illusion that I have come to criticize.

What is the difference between the illusion and reality of society?

The illusion or facade of society is a sort of picturesque image of society operating on fairness, liberty, equality, morality, benevolence, social harmony, social equilibrium,virtue, and the striving for peace.

It is also revolves around the illusion of benevolent leaders leading the rest of the world in some sort of directional purpose or manifest destiny of our species.

( Facades like one nation under god. One nation under the benevolent authority of government.)

So what is the reality of society beyond the illusions and pretend ideals?

The reality of society apart from the illusion is marked by conflict, human suffering, inequality, mass poverty, exploitation, disenfranchisement along with alienation of whole individuals,misery, selfishness, self interests, extreme competition, megalomania, amorality, ulterior motives masqueraded as altruism, violence, war, entrapment, prejudice, hypocrisy,envy, lust, power, hate, pleasure, mindless self indulgence, tyranny, and spite.

(All the way to ad infinitum.)

It is a reality of kings blackmailing and entrapping pawns.

It is a reality of masters manipulating and controlling slaves.

It is a reality of tyrants masquerading and pretending to be messiahs or saviors in order to gain the trust of the populance they hope to rule. This is the reality of society unadulterated and unfiltered.

Let us continue with first asking, what is a disposable society?

A disposable society is one where every individual is disposable and recyclable socially, economically, or on many occasions existentially.

A disposable society is one where an individual does not dictate the value, worth, and independence of their self but rather where society through all it's entrapping pre-existing standards or expectations defines how much each individual is worth often enough against individuals own will and just as it can give worth to an individual it can also strip an individual by taking it away.

If you disagree with me ask yourself how many people do you see everyday living lives not of their own choosing?

How many are forced everyday to do repetitive labors everyday not of their own choosing where they are forced into a life of bondage in that they merely subsist everyday living dead lives completely devoid of social interaction forced to watch with envy of those with power?

These are the symptoms of a disposable society where human beings are traded so easily like cattle and lambs of the slaughter.

These are symptoms of a disposable society where people have become more machine than human as just another gear in the self created and self replicating machine of civilization as everybody is just another number or equation amongst the fool endeavored charade.

Last edited by The Fool on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://dissidentsphilosophy.forumotion.com
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Disposable Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disposable Society   Disposable Society I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:03 am

Well, they can choose to die or move.
Back to top Go down
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male

Disposable Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disposable Society   Disposable Society I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:05 am

kriswest wrote:
Well, they can choose to die or move.

And that right there is a wonderful example of the social prejudices I was talking about.
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Disposable Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disposable Society   Disposable Society I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:10 am

it is prejudice in it own way. Unless you are behind bars, strapped to a bed or wheel chair or have no working limbs, You can try improve your existence or you can die. To settle for a life that you are not happy with is just following the easiest path. We have choices. They may not be pleasant, they may entail risks, but they still are choices. If someone puts thier head down and allows another to climb upon them and abuse them then that is a choice.

We are disposable if we see ourselves as such. Society answers to the group, it reflects the people within. Apathy grinds people into rejecting the choices that are hard or unpleasant.
Back to top Go down
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male

Disposable Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disposable Society   Disposable Society I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:21 am

Quote :
Kriswest says:

it is prejudice in it own way.

Yes.

Quote :
Unless you are behind bars, strapped to a bed or wheel chair or have no working limbs, You can try improve your existence or you can die.

You assume that everyone can improve their existential lives.

On many occasions people fall short of the status quo with all it's pre-existing standards and expectations where they are cursed to purposeless repetitive labors as lowly condemned and mocked public servants.

Society: "If you cannot meet our expectations and standards we shall find a purpose for you. It may not be what you want but you'll learn to like it or else."

Quote :
To settle for a life that you are not happy with is just following the easiest path. We have choices.

We certainly have choices necessiated by our nature or by opportunity however such choices are situational and not always the same for everybody around the world.

Quote :
They may not be pleasant, they may entail risks, but they still are choices.

Choices are dominated by necessity and necessities are determined.

Quote :
If someone puts thier head down and allows another to climb upon them and abuse them then that is a choice.

Sometimes.....

Quote :
We are disposable if we see ourselves as such.

Not really. We live in a world where society as a collective dictates what we are as an individual.

If you think people have absolute control over their lives you are sadly mistaken.

Quote :
Society answers to the group, it reflects the people within.

That may be but from how I look at people that is our entire species I see nothing but selfish megalo maniacs full of hypocrisy.

So if the malice of society reflects or mirrors the nature of people I suppose what I say in this thread makes all the more sense.

Quote :
Apathy grinds people into rejecting the choices that are hard or unpleasant.

Apathy is the natural instinct of people. Protect thine own ass first!

We live in world where it is every man, woman, and child for themselves.
Back to top Go down
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male

Disposable Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disposable Society   Disposable Society I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:51 am

How a disposable society works: ( Image articulation.)

Quote :
Disposable Society Capitalism
Back to top Go down
-Psychonaut
Active Idealist
Active Idealist
-Psychonaut

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Disposable Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disposable Society   Disposable Society I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:16 pm

Fool, it is interesting to look at the principles which countries variously claim as their reason for interventions in other countries.
Then, to look at what features those intervened in have in common, and what features those not intervened in have in common.
It is strange, but somehow the principles don't seem to hold quite as claimed. Why could this be?

Yours,
Genuinely Confused
Back to top Go down
kriswest
Animated Voice
Animated Voice
kriswest

Disposable Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disposable Society   Disposable Society I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:51 pm

Quote :
Apathy is the natural instinct of people. Protect thine own ass first!

We live in world where it is every man, woman, and child for themselves.

And that is why there are two sides to society.

We are herd animals and behave as such with just enough ego to say that we are sophisticated. Bah,,, We play king of the mountain and we enjoy the fight, we are critturs that prey on others. Be they human or other species. We put the gentlest up front so that we do not have to look in a mirror and see the blood on our hands and faces.. We are humans. So what is the problem with that? Not a darn thing. We are just as every other species, we just have human egos.
Back to top Go down
The Fool
Administrator
The Fool

Male

Disposable Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disposable Society   Disposable Society I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:06 pm

-Psychonaut wrote:
Fool, it is interesting to look at the principles which countries variously claim as their reason for interventions in other countries.
Then, to look at what features those intervened in have in common, and what features those not intervened in have in common.
It is strange, but somehow the principles don't seem to hold quite as claimed. Why could this be?

Yours,
Genuinely Confused

Interesting. Could you give me some examples?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disposable Society Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disposable Society   Disposable Society I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disposable Society
Page 1 of 1